Eggs: How many and how do you like them?

Options

Replies

• kimchi_and_sardines
    Options
    I always have them at breakfast - two eggs sunny-side up, or scrambled with veggies and meat; if it's a protein-shake-for-breakfast day, I'll drop in a raw egg (no ill effects yet). We often have them for lunch on weekends as well - to feed the four of us, we'll put six or seven eggs in the blender with some spinach or other greens and whiz it up to make green scrambled eggs, a great way to get the kids to eat some green vegetables!

We have three hens, and we get two or three eggs a day when they're all laying. Still, we go through enough that we supplement with eggs from the supermarket most weeks!
  • ishiqa36
    ishiqa36 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i love eggs more than any other food. i scramble them with grape tomatoes or onions and chili. Sometimes i eat them with rice on the side with what ever else im eating. almost every kind of indian food tastes great wit a side of eggs. i always keep a dozen on hand.
  • dvelocity
    dvelocity Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have an egg with toast for beakfast most every day. Sometime soft boiled sometimes fried with pam in the pan sometimes scrambled with Siracha.

My husbands favorite is the slinger. Hasbrowns topped with bacon, chilli, two fried eggs and cheddar cheese and hot sauce
  • WhoDat5o4
    WhoDat5o4 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have at least 2 a day. I don't fear the artery clogging, I like the high protein and convenience of them.

WHO DAT NATION!!! :smile:

Eggs: 2-4 per day, depending on activity. Favorite overeasy/ sunny side up/ poached if i have time to sit down and eat, hard boiled if i'm on the go.
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My everyday breakfast

4 eggs
    5 egg whites

Often have an eggy dinner sometime during the week as well like a frittata, omlette, or quiche.

So around 30 eggs a week for just me.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me hungry.

Typically scrambled, fried (with just a bit of olive oil), or microwaved in a buritto.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Eggs are delicious. I like them scrambled, with shredded mozzarella cheese and either diced ham, Bacon bits, or fajita chicken strips. I have them for breakfast 3-4 times a week. Sometimes I put this delicious egg mixture on a flat bread wrap and make it a breakfast burrito.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm having 3 over medium eggs and 2 slices of bacon tonight for dinner! I love eggs almost any way. I think I least like them boiled (they're alright), which kind of sucks because they're very convenient.

I wish I could take a couple to work with me each day, but the smell would be no bueno...
  • alexkwhite98
    Options
    About 2-3 a day. The cholesterol in eggs won't harm you at all. All this "no fats" non-sense is ridiculous. Fats are essential for hormone production(no wonder everybody on here is so depressed :/). Btw, 2 eggs have 100% of your RDA of choline(:
  • alexkwhite98
    Options
    Boiled, btw :D
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I like two hard-boiled eggs, mashed up on toast with peanut butter.

Okay. I know to most people that sounds utterly revolting. But there was a time (I seem to go through phases) where it was breakfast pretty much every day.

Hard-boiled with homemade mayonnaise (I'd never tried store-bought until I moved out of home...yuck!) is good also.

But other than that I like eggs, but usually not enough to go out of my way to prepare them. I don't think I've ever fried an egg in my life! It's only ever if I've been on holiday that I'll have them scrambled/poached/omlette'd, etc.

Mind you, I do enjoy quiche. But I don't eat too much of it because the portion sizes make me sad XD
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23295181
    CONCLUSIONS:

Higher consumption of eggs (up to one egg per day) is not associated with increased risk of coronary heart disease or stroke. The increased risk of coronary heart disease among diabetic patients and reduced risk of hemorrhagic stroke associated with higher egg consumption in subgroup analyses warrant further studies.
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I didn't know there was an egg controversy =[ they fit in my macros so well I've been eating like 4 or 5 at a time for a meal, maybe 3 times a week.

Do I need to stop doing this?! It's usually when I blew through my carbs earlier in the day lol.
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    1 poached, then crumbled over 2 thin slices of deli ham on whole wheat toast. YUM!!!
  • Cinloykko
    Cinloykko Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    At first I ate at least 2-3 a day. Usually hard boiled or scrambled with cheese. But then I learned all this stuff about it being bad for you and seeing how it def took my mfp macro for cholesterol over the deep end, I stopped. And now, I stay with egg whites, but I'm once again contemplating going back to my daily eggs.... I just love them. and we are liberated once again. But I'm still unsure....
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I have one whole egg 2 - 3 times per week..
    Hard boiled.
    Poached on an a toasted lite English muffin, or toasted sandwich round, topped with chia seeds. My favorite breakfast along with fresh fruit.
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hopefully I won't get crucified for this...

I want to eat eggs, they would make my protein intake goals so much easier to hit but I can't quite find a way to be able to eat them.
    I'm not a fussy eater - I've eaten sea urchin, caramelized crickets and bull testicles without flinching (I live in Japan). But eggs just wouldn't go down my throat without causing some sort of gag reaction.

So I was hoping someone here could suggest a way to prepare eggs that would mask their taste a bit!
  • kristieshannon
    kristieshannon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    A couple times a week I scramble one whole egg with 2 egg whites. I like the flavor from the yolk, but adding just a couple extra whites makes them extra fluffy. I add whatever veggies I've got around, and a little parmesan or romano cheese.
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Love eggs! 2 scrambled on toast or as an omelette for breakfast, hard boiled for a snack, feta and chorizo frittata for lunch, poached on top of a leek and bacon risotto or chorizo hash for dinner... yum
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love making a huge scramble thingy with four egg whites (I don't like the yolk vrey much unless it's on huevos rancheros!), a red pepper, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, a bit of salsa taquera (or shirasha), onion and garlic..

So good.. I try to eat this for dinner two or three times a week

(Low cal too so it's perfect for 5:2)