Eggs: How many and how do you like them?

Options

Replies

• hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Mmmm. Eggs. I had a bit of an unhealthy relationship with them when younger - my Grandmother was adamant that more than 2 a week "bound" you, so I was always craving them.

Nowadays I eat 2 a day or so. Scrambled during the week (from the work canteen) and in omelettes at the weekend. I love boiled eggs as well - we generally steam them six at a time so we always have a ready supply for lunches or to grab on the go.

Eggs - the ultimate convenience food!
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I adore eggs. I would eat them every day for breakfast if I could be bothered to make them. My favourite way to have them is poached over buttered toast, perhaps with a bit of grated cheddar. Or scrambled with salmon or cheese. Or fried. :D
  • l0l0p
    l0l0p Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    4 egg whites boiled(:
  • drazani
    drazani Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    At least 2 hard boiled eggs a day and upto 7 egg whites scrambled with mixed peppers, mushrooms and chilli powder and Worcestershire sauce if I remember to buy it lol
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I have either 2 eggs/2 whites or 3 whole eggs and bacon, my everyday morning routine. Might make an omelet w/spinach, onions and cheese...yummy
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Over easy or hardboiled!!

I usually eat 2 egg whites or 2 whole eggs.
  • OtherCatt
    Options
    I take 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg. I mix in some srirachi, about 1/2 a cup of shredded carrots, 1/4 cup chopped onions and 1/4 cup chopped green, red and yellow peppers. Then I scramble them up in a frying pan (with coconut oil). The taste experience is amazing!

562bc47c-9172-4887-a168-6f83add46c94_zpsb404ecbf.jpg
  • JaneAero
    JaneAero Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I consume 2 eggs most mornings, softly boiled with 2 slices of wholemeal toasted bread. I do wonder if the current research about eggs is accurate and variable and if they pose a heart risk; however I balance that with the fact I started dieting at 100lbs overweight and I feel that is more likely to harm me than eating eggs. Eggs help curb my appetite and make it easy for me to meet daily protein goals as Im not a huge meat eater.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    I consume 2 eggs most mornings, softly boiled with 2 slices of wholemeal toasted bread. I do wonder if the current research about eggs is accurate and variable and if they pose a heart risk; however I balance that with the fact I started dieting at 100lbs overweight and I feel that is more likely to harm me than eating eggs. Eggs help curb my appetite and make it easy for me to meet daily protein goals as Im not a huge meat eater.
    It was and still is the research that says they contribute to heart disease that is flawed and always has been.
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Two scrambled with cheese, one or two times per week.
  • rescue804
    Options
    I eat eggs any way I can get them!
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    2 egg omelet with Swiss cheese, cooked in a ceramic pan with no oil, and no salt.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I was eating upwards of 10 a day- now it's closer to like 4-5.

I don't care- I love eggs- they are so easy.

I mostly do egg's with chit in them as I like to call it.

I pre-chop all my veggies in advance- and then I cook bacon- then saute the veggies in the rendering- then throw in the eggs- so it's like an omlette- but not.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy- Love it.

I love eggs. seriously- LOVE eggs.
  • MerlinWilliams
    MerlinWilliams Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Two or three, most days.

Our household (me, the wife, two dogs) go through 2.5-3 dozen per week.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    It is still recommended that you only eat 2 - 3 a week.
  • MerlinWilliams
    MerlinWilliams Posts: 92 Member
    Options

That recommendation was based on flawed science.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

that's rubbish.

I also think "1 a day = high egg consumption" is rubbish.

Seriously. 1 a day? that's not even a snack.

Eggs are delicious- and glorious- and god bless whoever decided they were edible many moons ago. eat up- I surive on eggs and veggies when I'm poor.
    Seriously 24 pack of eggs and 10 bucks of veggies can last me all week for breakfast and dinner.
  • BIRD0
    BIRD0 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1 egg poached over Trader Joe's pain pascal bread, with pepper all over the egg. (all-time favorite)

2-3 egg omelette with cheese and maybe ham. With salsa or hot sauce if I have it.

2 sunny side up eggs flipped over, allowing the runny yolk to soak into a bed of hash browns

or hard boiled eggs? 5,000,000 in one sitting or 2-3 eggs turned into egg salad (I'm a purist, only mayo & mustard please, no celery)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    sigh,,, I like to throw them at people I do not like.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I like them deviled, hard boiled, or poached on a toasted english muffin w/ ham. Oh, and in a souffle or baked good :laugh:

When I eat them, it's usually 2-4 in a day.