WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    gpo8qa1q07aw.png

I read this decades ago and took it to heart as a life goal. There are moments when I achieve this state.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Rebecca-- sending prayers DS is safe and the strom goes around him and back out to sea.
    Lisa--Glad you will not have to have open heart surgery.
    Barbie-- Happy Birthday to Jake. Sounds like a very nice day.
    Allie--Sorry for the problems. I always say if these people worked this hard at a real job they could be rich. I worry about DH as he takes chances sometime and scares me. I keep a close eye on our checking account.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Joy1580vb wrote: »
    Good evening ladies.

Had a dental appointment this morning. Just a cleaning and checkup with no issues so happy about that. Did chicken drumsticks in the air fryer for supper today and they were so good. I don’t use my air fryer very often but think I’m going to start. Storing it in my kitchen pantry now so will be easy to get at.

Allie so sorry to read about the scammer. So easy to fall for this stuff and very time consuming to get everything resolved. I don’t answer the phone unless I know the person calling. Have an answering machine and if someone leaves a message I’ll decide if I call back. We get a lot of nonsense phone calls.

Joy

I have found if you keep things "at the ready" you are more apt to use them. Just a visual reminder. Now most of us have our coffee makers out on the counter 24/7. Can you imagine the thought of getting out a coffee maker every morning to use it? I shutter at the thought!😆 I have my rice cooker out these days. Its got a steamer basket so that's nice. There's a comedian that talks about never having to worry about not seeing around an Asian kitchen at night. There's always that red glow from their rice cooker going🤗! I like that thought though I don't cook rice at night.🙄😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    2023 Optimistic October

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate bananas.
    Meditation: daily. 5/31 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min /23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

Foods to avoid:
    Barley
    Bell peppers
    Chicken
    Clam
    Egg white
    Eggplant
    Ginger
    Rye
    Wheat
    Winter squash

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%). 60 days SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 7819, 7203, (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/3 (800%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 215/208—(733%) should be 189 by November 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)73/94 (800%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2 (600%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 3/23 (681%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 38/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 9/12—(900%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (900%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0, 500%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

Write down three things you can look forward to this month. 1. Another month of sobriety 2. Cooler weather 3. Decorating for Halloween
    2. Find something to be optimistic about (even if it’s a difficult time). I am optimistic about cooler weather.
    3. Take a small step to a goal that really matters to you. I need to call my uncle.
    4. Start the day with the most important thing on your to-do-list. Updating this list and My Fitness Pal.
    5. Be a realistic optimist. See life as it is but focus on what’s good. I usually hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I think this counts!
    6. Remind yourself that things can change for the better. No matter how bad you think it is, it can always get worse. So enjoy life no matter where you are, or what you are doing, or your circumstances.
    7. Look for the good in people around you today. I can do this if I try. This was not difficult to do with visitors. Employees were a different matter!
    8. Make some progress on a project or task you’ve been avoiding. I need to clean the cabinets out. I am planning to start today. Didn’t happen.
    9. Share an important goal with someone you trust.
    10. Take time to reflect on what you have accomplished recently. I have accomplished coloring pages, making doctor appointments, calming my nerves by taking some actions I never tried before, and more.
    11. Avoid blaming yourself or others. Find a helpful way forward. This is hard for me.
    12. Look out for positive news and reasons to be cheerful today.
    13. Ask for help to overcome an obstacle you are facing.
    14. Do something constructive to improve a difficult situation
    15. Thank yourself for achieving the things you often take for granted.
    16. Put down your to-list and do something fun or uplifting.
    17. Take a small step toward a positive change you want to see in society.
    18. Set hopeful, but realistic goals for the days ahead.
    19. Identify one of your positive qualities that will be helpful in the future.
    20. Find joy in tackling a task you’ve put off for some time.
    21. Let go of the expectations of others and focus on what matters to you.
    22. Share a hopeful quote, picture, or video with a friend or colleague
    23. Recognize that you have a choice of what to prioritize.
    24. Write down three specific things that have gone well recently.
    25. You can’t do everything! What are three priorities right now?
    26. Find a new prospective on a problem you face.
    27. Be kind to yourself today. Remember progress takes time.
    28. Ask yourself ‘will this still matter a year from now?’
    29. Plan a fun or exciting activity to look forward to.
    30. Identify three things that give you hope for the future.
    31. Set a goal that brings a sense of purpose for the coming month.
    RVRita , Roswell, NM

“There is no need for me to accept blame for another person’s irrational actions. I will deal with my own shortcomings.” ALANON’s One Day at a Time.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    Finally got to really sleep in. Dh went to work at midnight so it was very quiet in the house, no alarm going off. Woke up at just about 9AM- felt great(no melatonin last night so not groggy from that)
    Got up and started feeding the cats. 9 cats inside and 3 cats outside(one outside had already been fed inside but wanted more-he is the only one that gets to be outside during the day).
    6 litter boxes cleaned plus cleaned up two piles that were not in litter boxes,thankfully not messy piles, and throw up/furballs from the old momma cat.
    Now having my tea and checking in here
    Dh and I both have eye dr. appointments this afternoon. Glad I got good sleep so my eyes are not so tired like they usually are. Will see if they can do anything with the big scratch on the lens of my sunglasses from when I fell last Thanksgiving- kept planning on going in to have them look at it but just never did.
    Class tonight. Looking forward to it. Had no class and didn't walk Monday(friend canceled but did walk with me yesterday) Last night's walk was cold and windy. Walked just inbetween rain showers. We were dressed for it. Did take a bit shorter walk than usual but better than nothing.

Will walk the wetlands the next two days then to make up for not walking or having class Monday, I will walk MIL's dog on Saturday to get my 5 days for the week of exercise
  • dlfk202000
    Options

I have found if you keep things "at the ready" you are more apt to use them. Just a visual reminder. Now most of us have our coffee makers out on the counter 24/7. Can you imagine the thought of getting out a coffee maker every morning to use it? I shutter at the thought!😆 I have my rice cooker out these days. Its got a steamer basket so that's nice. There's a comedian that talks about never having to worry about not seeing around an Asian kitchen at night. There's always that red glow from their rice cooker going🤗! I like that thought though I don't cook rice at night.🙄😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I don't leave the rice cooker on at night(unless by chance I forgot to unplug it-I don't eat much rice but it is a must for dh, even though, as a diabetic, it shouldn't be)
    BUT, there are so many "little red glow lights" around the house that I never turn lights on at night. Red lights from electronics, fairy lights in both bathrooms, outdoor flood light in the front yard that lights up the kitchen. Last time I counted around12-14 different little "red lights" just in the bedroom alone. That doesn't help with me sleeping- need to pull the eye mask out again.

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Your friendship means so much to me. I read everything you write and think about it during the day. I don't have much to share but I want you all to know how much you add to my life. My life is peaceful with a lot of knitting, exercise bike riding, and TV watching. Today is Jake's birthday so we ate what he wanted, watched the TV he wanted to watch, and good friends came over for a visit. Life doesn't get any better than this.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

This site is my calm, my venting place, and my therapist. You all are family, and I am grateful for you.💖. It takes looking at each of our journeys, to put ours in its proper perspective. Appreciating what we have with a open heart.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

TOTALLY AGREE
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Your friendship means so much to me. I read everything you write and think about it during the day. I don't have much to share but I want you all to know how much you add to my life. My life is peaceful with a lot of knitting, exercise bike riding, and TV watching. Today is Jake's birthday so we ate what he wanted, watched the TV he wanted to watch, and good friends came over for a visit. Life doesn't get any better than this.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

This site is my calm, my venting place, and my therapist. You all are family, and I am grateful for you.💖. It takes looking at each of our journeys, to put ours in its proper perspective. Appreciating what we have with a open heart.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Awwww, koom buy-yaaa, ::::: have hands up in the air swaying side to side::::::
  • pipcd34
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 14min 26sec, 34elev, 86ahr, 101mhr, 3.21ap, 4.04mi= 376c
    Strava app = 495c
    Walk home to gym- 11.32min, .56mi= 51c
    Strava app = 69c
    Treadmill jog- 61.02min, 149ahr, 175mhr, 1st 5k @ 6.0 & 6.2sp, next 3mi @ 6.1 & 6.3sp, last .10mi @ 8.5sp, 9.78min mi, 10k (6.2mi)= 607c
    Walk gym to home- 14.44min, .67mi= 75c
    Strava app= 82c

Total cal 1109
  • pipcd34
    Options