WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

I have found if you keep things "at the ready" you are more apt to use them. Just a visual reminder. Now most of us have our coffee makers out on the counter 24/7. Can you imagine the thought of getting out a coffee maker every morning to use it? I shutter at the thought!😆 I have my rice cooker out these days. Its got a steamer basket so that's nice. There's a comedian that talks about never having to worry about not seeing around an Asian kitchen at night. There's always that red glow from their rice cooker going🤗! I like that thought though I don't cook rice at night.🙄😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I don't leave the rice cooker on at night(unless by chance I forgot to unplug it-I don't eat much rice but it is a must for dh, even though, as a diabetic, it shouldn't be)
    BUT, there are so many "little red glow lights" around the house that I never turn lights on at night. Red lights from electronics, fairy lights in both bathrooms, outdoor flood light in the front yard that lights up the kitchen. Last time I counted around12-14 different little "red lights" just in the bedroom alone. That doesn't help with me sleeping- need to pull the eye mask out again.

Debbie

Woah that's a lot of electronics in your bedroom girl!🙃
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Oh, there are a lot more, just the others I don't see lights on during the night- the room is full of all kinds of electronics. DH thinks he needs all that stuff in there and his room too. I don't even know what some of them are. He even has a projector and big screen(battery operated that comes down and covers almost the whole closet door. He used it when he first got it to watch movies but rarely uses it anymore. There is one from the cat's fountain and the mini bug catcher that are both on my side of the room(bug catcher is on the floor- don't mind it beings I haven't gotten bitten by mosquitos since he put it there and catches any fleas that might be there).

• Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies.

Tracey, yes I remember the Logger Man's Waltz and thanks Machka for posting the youtube video.

Went for the mail this morning and picked up the last of my supplies for the sanding project. Now all set and hopefully will be able to rent the sander on Monday.

Ordered another gadget from Amazon. It's the Ninja Foodi Possible Cooker Pro multi cooker. Got a good price on it and should get it by the end of the month. Being shipped from Amazon in the states so taking a bit longer. I like multi cookers but the one I have doesn't keep a consistent temperature. I think it gets too hot....time to replace it.

Does anyone have the Ninja Speedi Rapid Cooker and Air Fryer? I think our Costco warehouse has them at a discounted price. Thinking about maybe getting that as a Christmas gift to myself.

Joy
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

I have found if you keep things "at the ready" you are more apt to use them. Just a visual reminder. Now most of us have our coffee makers out on the counter 24/7. Can you imagine the thought of getting out a coffee maker every morning to use it? I shutter at the thought!😆 I have my rice cooker out these days. Its got a steamer basket so that's nice. There's a comedian that talks about never having to worry about not seeing around an Asian kitchen at night. There's always that red glow from their rice cooker going🤗! I like that thought though I don't cook rice at night.🙄😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I don't leave the rice cooker on at night(unless by chance I forgot to unplug it-I don't eat much rice but it is a must for dh, even though, as a diabetic, it shouldn't be)
    BUT, there are so many "little red glow lights" around the house that I never turn lights on at night. Red lights from electronics, fairy lights in both bathrooms, outdoor flood light in the front yard that lights up the kitchen. Last time I counted around12-14 different little "red lights" just in the bedroom alone. That doesn't help with me sleeping- need to pull the eye mask out again.

Debbie

We've got the lights from our clocks, but those are the only little red lights in the bedroom.

And I have trouble sleeping without my mask now.

M in Oz

I have used my masks but the ones I have tried I am not comfortable in- I don't like the feeling of the pressure on them- I usually loosen the strap so it is barely on.
    Son and dh both have no trouble sleeping with the lights on- son says he doesn't sleep as sound so he can hear his alarm in the morning(otherwise, he sleeps right through the alarm)
    Dh usually falls asleep with the lights on, tv on w/the volumn up louder than I would want it when I was actually awake and watching it. Many nights I am looking around for the remote, usually under him.
    I don't like the fairy lights on in the master bathroom but have gotten used to them and the big thing is that it helps so dh doesn't turn the light/fan(one switch) on during the night to use the bathroom. That is the worst- light is bright, fan is loud, even though the box said it is quiet(quieter than the old one but not as quiet as I want it). I used to close the door but now have to keep it open for the cats-one litter box is now in there.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Well guess who got Miles cold👋sneezing to beat the band... oh well..if you can't beat em ,join em
    I went over to Sams and just picked up a couple things,i was good.. went by all the bad stuff..bought salad,celery sticks,tylenol arthritis and bottled water
    Then went to Walmart.
    Woof that place is a nightmare.. wore my mask there.. picked up some pedialght (sp) for Miles and some Zarbee chest rub and tissues and dropped those off think both he and Tracy were sleeping.. got Ginger out.. think in her travels she might have hurt her back leg or has arthritis because she cant keep standing on it and falls down.. will see what Tracy thinks..
    Poor Tracy has the creaping crud too.
    I picked up some vitamin water zero and some powerade zero,and cold medicine and tissues for me..
    So im home and just going to chill out.. but hey I got some steps in today .😆
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Your friendship means so much to me. I read everything you write and think about it during the day. I don't have much to share but I want you all to know how much you add to my life. My life is peaceful with a lot of knitting, exercise bike riding, and TV watching. Today is Jake's birthday so we ate what he wanted, watched the TV he wanted to watch, and good friends came over for a visit. Life doesn't get any better than this.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

This site is my calm, my venting place, and my therapist. You all are family, and I am grateful for you.💖. It takes looking at each of our journeys, to put ours in its proper perspective. Appreciating what we have with a open heart.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Awwww, koom buy-yaaa, ::::: have hands up in the air swaying side to side::::::

:D
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Heather, stunning pics. Had to look up Osage tree as never heard of it.

Decided to cancel my amazon order for the Ninja Foodi Possible Cooker Pro and ordered the Ninja Speedi Rapid Cooker from Costco. Did some further research and think the rapid cooker will suit my needs better and I certainly don't need both of these units sitting on my counter. The Food Network did a good review on this appliance and other than it being a bit bulky there were not many negatives. Basically it cooks with steam and then crisps with the air fryer option. Think I will enjoy figuring it out. Had a pressure cooker for awhile that I used but it started giving me problems by losing pressure. I didn't have it for very long but after reading about problems with these machines and lawsuits for injuries caused, decided to stay away from that method of cooking. My sisters both use pressure cookers and wouldn't be without them.

Allie, sorry to hear you got Miles cold. Hopefully you get over it quickly.

Enjoy the day, ladies.

Joy
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    I'm on the plane, but we have a long delay because of an air traffic control strike in France. We also have to go a longer way round. :s

Only slept for an hour last night. Heart racing. Lots of meditation and reading. Got up before the alarm.
    All went well from then on until this delay taking off.
    They asked for one volunteer to give up a seat. Offered another flight, hotel, and £500. They got one! Another young chap was disappointed.
    I'm separated from my handbag at the moment because I had to stow it. Will get it back later, but I hate that.
    Not good at waiting 😕 😞.
    Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxx

Air travel delays are very common these days. It's almost like they forgot how to run an airline after the COVID break.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Today’s task “ Look out for positive news and reasons to be cheerful today. ” I couldn’t think of anything so looked for things here:
    Adding one of mine I thought of, being on a call list for the cardiologist, having good insurance, and my daily appreciation post. I need to pay more attention to those as I was just getting routine and I don’t want to do that. I need to really think of things I appreciate.

Positive news so far:

1. Rebecca’s son not having any damage from typhoon.
    2. All the love everyone gives on this thread.
    3. Machka’ a great week
    4. Allie’s good DR. Report.
    5. Rosemarie’s positive post and fostering the family of pups.
    6. Tracey meeting her classmates in person.
    7. Barbara’s DH’s growth.
    8. Heather is on her way.
    9. Kylie’s hot tub.
    10. Lanette find a series she is happy to watch.
    11. Pip having Lenny and Kirby in her life.

I am going to first appointment for cataract surgery tomorrow. I’ll post about that later. Not sure with blood pressure what he will say, or when the surgery will be scheduled.

RVRita, have a great day!

Thank you for this, Rita!
  • Machka9
    Options

Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Debbie

Woah that's a lot of electronics in your bedroom girl!🙃
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Oh, there are a lot more, just the others I don't see lights on during the night- the room is full of all kinds of electronics. DH thinks he needs all that stuff in there and his room too. I don't even know what some of them are. He even has a projector and big screen(battery operated that comes down and covers almost the whole closet door. He used it when he first got it to watch movies but rarely uses it anymore. There is one from the cat's fountain and the mini bug catcher that are both on my side of the room(bug catcher is on the floor- don't mind it beings I haven't gotten bitten by mosquitos since he put it there and catches any fleas that might be there).

Do you have another room, even a very small room, in which a single bed would fit ... where you can go to sleep in peace?

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Not much I can do Machka-
    Im allergic to it also..but it doesn't come this way..
    My friends like I told you are safe in Cairo they are on a cruise and all this stuff is going on over there.. they are safe and im sure they will get home safely..keep them in your thoughts though.
    Lisa..hope your ok..you've been quiet.
  • CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    :)
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Do you have another room, even a very small room, in which a single bed would fit ... where you can go to sleep in peace?

M in Oz[/quote]

no, but I can, and have slept on the couch in the living room. Maybe one day I will get my sewing room cleaned out all the way and I can put something in there(don't think I will). Too much craft stuff in there.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 55min 6sec, 79elev, 3.17ap, 81ahr, 104mhr, 6.12mi= 590c
    Strava app= 749c
    Walk home to gym- 10.54min, .53mi= 53c
    Strava app= 65c
    Treadmill jog- 29.46min, mile 1 @ 6.0sp, mile 2 @ 6.2sp, mile 3 @ 6.4sp, .10mi @ 9.0sp, 133ahr, 172mhr, 9.48min mi, 5k= 320c
    Walk gym to home- 10.27min, 3.12ap, .55mi= 50c
    Strava app = 68c

Total.cal 983
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Lisa - I love your bowl and its cool "pour spout" <3

Lanette B)