• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

I have found if you keep things "at the ready" you are more apt to use them. Just a visual reminder. Now most of us have our coffee makers out on the counter 24/7. Can you imagine the thought of getting out a coffee maker every morning to use it? I shutter at the thought!😆 I have my rice cooker out these days. Its got a steamer basket so that's nice. There's a comedian that talks about never having to worry about not seeing around an Asian kitchen at night. There's always that red glow from their rice cooker going🤗! I like that thought though I don't cook rice at night.🙄😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I don't leave the rice cooker on at night(unless by chance I forgot to unplug it-I don't eat much rice but it is a must for dh, even though, as a diabetic, it shouldn't be)
    BUT, there are so many "little red glow lights" around the house that I never turn lights on at night. Red lights from electronics, fairy lights in both bathrooms, outdoor flood light in the front yard that lights up the kitchen. Last time I counted around12-14 different little "red lights" just in the bedroom alone. That doesn't help with me sleeping- need to pull the eye mask out again.

Debbie

Woah that's a lot of electronics in your bedroom girl!🙃
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

I have found if you keep things "at the ready" you are more apt to use them. Just a visual reminder. Now most of us have our coffee makers out on the counter 24/7. Can you imagine the thought of getting out a coffee maker every morning to use it? I shutter at the thought!😆 I have my rice cooker out these days. Its got a steamer basket so that's nice. There's a comedian that talks about never having to worry about not seeing around an Asian kitchen at night. There's always that red glow from their rice cooker going🤗! I like that thought though I don't cook rice at night.🙄😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I don't leave the rice cooker on at night(unless by chance I forgot to unplug it-I don't eat much rice but it is a must for dh, even though, as a diabetic, it shouldn't be)
    BUT, there are so many "little red glow lights" around the house that I never turn lights on at night. Red lights from electronics, fairy lights in both bathrooms, outdoor flood light in the front yard that lights up the kitchen. Last time I counted around12-14 different little "red lights" just in the bedroom alone. That doesn't help with me sleeping- need to pull the eye mask out again.

Debbie

We've got the lights from our clocks, but those are the only little red lights in the bedroom.

And I have trouble sleeping without my mask now.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    wzhh7cq7tqdr.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    I came home from school and watched a new documentary on Mr. Dressup. It was a children’s television show here in Canada for 30 years. I thoroughly enjoyed it. When it was finished Amazon recommended another childhood memory, the Logger Man’s Waltz. I don’t know that I ever listened to the words closely before now.
    Machka and Joy will be familiar with what I’m talking about. I don’t know if it’s only on Amazon Canada or other countries as well.

I’m heading to bed, I have class in person again tomorrow.

Tracey in Edmonton

Yep!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upsZZ2s3xv8&amp;ab_channel=NFB

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Today’s gratitude:Joe announced “SOMEONE pooped in the garage, then stepped in it and tracked it all around… I cleaned it all up!” He’s come such a very very very long way ;):love:
    Just skimmin’ as I need to pack and snooze a few more hours before leaving for Dermatologist in Medford. Will spend the night in Grants Pass and hit TJ's Friday morning.
    Rosemarie bless you for offering to foster Momma and pups.
    Tracey and Machka thanks for the log driver’s waltz, a pleasant note before I sleep.
    10/11: Move: 2 sets PT w/x&a, line dance class, dogs to powerline. Steps:9199
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=36 CI<CO net=513 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AD, ptT, ptS, Freddie’s for rX, Post Office, ‘nother two loads laundry. Wt:131.6

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    October: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie - good for you volunteering to take on that little family for a little bit. <3 How big will the puppies be? What breed is the mama dog? I remember when we got Rosie, she was so squirmy and jumped out of my DH's arms. Had quite a drop and made a fuss, but was fine - rubbery puppy bones. They are tough.

Tracey - That doctor shortage sounds scary especially in very rural areas. Does Canada have anything like Nurse Practitioners who can step in for doctors? In my state, they can have their own offices and do most of what MD's do. How exciting to meet your classmates in person.

Barbara - have safe drive to Medford. Have fun loading up at TJ's! I'm with ya in spirit!

Heather - good to hear you are on your way. Can't wait to see pictures once you hit your destination.

Machka - that "Take Care of Your Brain = 6 Tips for Mental Health" poster is a good reminder :)

Allie - are you the only one affected by the new smoking area? I'd say you have a right to complain if it really becomes a nuisance. As a reformed smoker, it seems I can smell it a mile away and it bugs me. That and the noise setting Alfie off. Maybe in time, though, Alfie would get used to it and the prevailing winds will blow it away from your unit. Let's hope.

I managed to "throw my back out" (it's just a pulled muscle/strain in lower back) lugging a heavy bag of leaves around a couple days ago. Yesterday was a day of ibuprofen, heat and ice plus my TENS unit. And various stretches. I've had this many times in my life so am familiar with the routine. Sitting doesn't help, but yesterday the rain really came down so I wasn't able to get a walk in. Rain has stopped so when it gets light out this morning I'll try to go an easy mile.

It's kind of a bother, I wanted to head to town and get another plastic roofing panel at Home Depot to keep the rain from blowing in the chicken run, but it's not a big deal and can wait. There's nothing on the grocery list that also can't wait.

But, I am very, very grateful this didn't happen before the deck staining project. I have so much to be thankful for.

I was planning to go to a Master Gardener educational event this Saturday. It will be hours of sitting in college classroom chairs so I might take a pass this time. I wasn't that enthused about going anyhow. Now I have an excuse. :) Unsociable me.

Speaking of sitting, I was getting tired of seeing the reruns on Britbox and Acorn so dropped them for a while and signed up for PBS Masterpiece on Amazon Prime. Watched the last season of "Unforgotten" yesterday - I highly recommend it, I was able to watch the initial seasons free over the past couple years on one of the other subscriptions.

OK, better get up and stretch and switch out the ice pack.

Make it a fabulous day, ladies! <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    Busy day 😝

Back later

☘️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Didn't sleep well..did wake up at around 5:30 to an owl hooting in the distance which was nice..
    Tracy is now sick,she is at work.. but will probably leave early and try and get some rest..hazards of daycare and being a mom
    zm7szydrp1ys.jpg
    3sht0q85jvbw.jpg
    I got Miles an early Christmas present since he isn't feeling well..
    Its called Tonies and he loves the Wild Kratts so got him Chris and Martin from that.. it tells stories..
    As you can see in the pictures Miles isn't feeling well at all..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    Tracey: I love the present you made for your MIL for Christmas1

Heather: Enjoy your travels!

PIPCD: So glad Lenny and Kirby have been in your life!

Debbie: Enjoy walking the wetlands!

Michele: I hope your hand is doing better! HIIT....isn't that quite difficult?

Lisa: I hope the watchman gets approved quickly!

Kylia: I really don't have goals except to exercise, diet and read the monthly book for book club. I don't have a bucket list. I find I don't want one. I just like to get out of town every 3 months or so.

Grandmallie: Sorry about the scam. Miles looks taller to me! Despite the health problems you are generally in good spirits. I admire that about you!

Barbie: Happy Birthday to Jake. Congrats on your contentment! I am content quite a bit...but sometimes I feel confined and need to leave town and do an outing!

Thank you all for the kind Happy Birthdays! I appreciate them very much!

I went to volunteer at the cat shelter today and there was a Mama dog and her 3 pups in a cage about 4 feet off the floor. I went to quickly change the blue pad in the cage and was a little nervous because the Mama dog can be protective. Somehow one of the pups went after the blue pad and fell out of the cage on to the floor. He seemed mostly okay...moving all extemities but favoring his right shoulder. The vet says to give it a couple of days and if it isn't improved to bring him in. They are thinking a right sprained shoulder.

So the woman who started this rescue and who has kept it going for 30 years...yup 30 years said she wanted the Mama dog and her pups fostered as she felt that would be safer for them. She found someone to take the family for 10 days and then I volunteered to take the family. So in 10 days I will have 3 pups and one Momma dog in the house. This will be different. I don't have a fence so Mama dog will have to go on a leash. I don't know if she has ever done this. Momma dog might weigh about 20 pounds. So the day started off normal but........ended a little different!

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

Yeah, me too
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    2023 Optimistic October

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate air conditioners and heaters, both necessary in the fall.
    Meditation: daily. 5/31 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min /23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

Foods to avoid:
    Barley
    Bell peppers
    Chicken
    Clam
    Egg white
    Eggplant
    Ginger
    Rye
    Wheat
    Winter squash

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%). 60 days SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 7819, 7203, (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/3 (800%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 215/208—(733%) should be 189 by November 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)73/94 (800%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2 (600%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 3/23 (681%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 38/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 9/12—(900%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (900%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0, 500%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

Write down three things you can look forward to this month. 1. Another month of sobriety 2. Cooler weather 3. Decorating for Halloween
    2. Find something to be optimistic about (even if it’s a difficult time). I am optimistic about cooler weather.
    3. Take a small step to a goal that really matters to you. I need to call my uncle.
    4. Start the day with the most important thing on your to-do-list. Updating this list and My Fitness Pal.
    5. Be a realistic optimist. See life as it is but focus on what’s good. I usually hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I think this counts!
    6. Remind yourself that things can change for the better. No matter how bad you think it is, it can always get worse. So enjoy life no matter where you are, or what you are doing, or your circumstances.
    7. Look for the good in people around you today. I can do this if I try. This was not difficult to do with visitors. Employees were a different matter!
    8. Make some progress on a project or task you’ve been avoiding. I need to clean the cabinets out. I am planning to start today. Didn’t happen.
    9. Share an important goal with someone you trust. did not do this.
    10. Take time to reflect on what you have accomplished recently. I have accomplished coloring pages, making doctor appointments, calming my nerves by taking some actions I never tried before, and more.
    11. Avoid blaming yourself or others. Find a helpful way forward. This is hard for me.
    12. Look out for positive news and reasons to be cheerful today. With everything going on around me and in me this will be hard, but I will pay attention to good news.
    13. Ask for help to overcome an obstacle you are facing.
    14. Do something constructive to improve a difficult situation
    15. Thank yourself for achieving the things you often take for granted.
    16. Put down your to-list and do something fun or uplifting.
    17. Take a small step toward a positive change you want to see in society.
    18. Set hopeful, but realistic goals for the days ahead.
    19. Identify one of your positive qualities that will be helpful in the future.
    20. Find joy in tackling a task you’ve put off for some time.
    21. Let go of the expectations of others and focus on what matters to you.
    22. Share a hopeful quote, picture, or video with a friend or colleague
    23. Recognize that you have a choice of what to prioritize.
    24. Write down three specific things that have gone well recently.
    25. You can’t do everything! What are three priorities right now?
    26. Find a new prospective on a problem you face.
    27. Be kind to yourself today. Remember progress takes time.
    28. Ask yourself ‘will this still matter a year from now?’
    29. Plan a fun or exciting activity to look forward to.
    30. Identify three things that give you hope for the future.
    31. Set a goal that brings a sense of purpose for the coming month.

RVRita , Roswell, NM

“There is no need for me to accept blame for another person’s irrational actions. I will deal with my own shortcomings.” ALANON’s One Day at a Time.