WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,455 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Kylia - The only way I've successfully posted pictures on any Android phone was to go through the MFP website rather than the app.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Lisa Thank you!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Kylia I share to Facebook and then copy it from my laptop to here or an e-mail. I believe you can share it to an e-mail address too. Haven't tried that yet.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    2023 Optimistic October

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate talking to intelligent people/campers.
    Meditation: daily. 16/31 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 16/23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

Foods to avoid:
    Barley
    Bell peppers
    Chicken
    Clam
    Egg white
    Eggplant
    Ginger
    Rye
    Wheat
    Winter squash

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%). 60 days SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 7819, 7203, (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 (800%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 215/208—(733%) should be 189 by November 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)74/94 (800%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2 (600%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 12/23 (681%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 42/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 10/12—(1000%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (1000%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0
    500%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

Write down three things you can look forward to this month. 1. Another month of sobriety 2. Cooler weather 3. Decorating for Halloween
    2. Find something to be optimistic about (even if it’s a difficult time). I am optimistic about cooler weather.
    3. Take a small step to a goal that really matters to you. I need to call my uncle.
    4. Start the day with the most important thing on your to-do-list. Updating this list and My Fitness Pal.
    5. Be a realistic optimist. See life as it is but focus on what’s good. I usually hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I think this counts!
    6. Remind yourself that things can change for the better. No matter how bad you think it is, it can always get worse. So enjoy life no matter where you are, or what you are doing, or your circumstances.
    7. Look for the good in people around you today. I can do this if I try. This was not difficult to do with visitors. Employees were a different matter!
    8. Make some progress on a project or task you’ve been avoiding. I need to clean the cabinets out. I am planning to start today. Didn’t happen.
    9. Share an important goal with someone you trust. did not do this.
    10. Take time to reflect on what you have accomplished recently. I have accomplished coloring pages, making doctor appointments, calming my nerves by taking some actions I never tried before, and more.
    11. Avoid blaming yourself or others. Find a helpful way forward. This is hard for me.
    12. Look out for positive news and reasons to be cheerful today. With everything going on around me and in me this will be hard, but I will pay attention to good news.
    13. Ask for help to overcome an obstacle you are facing. The obstacles I have cannot be solved by me, but by family members.
    14. Do something constructive to improve a difficult situation. I will have to think on this. I posted pictures of the eclipse that happened here on the Friends Group FB page, and sent some pics to my son and grandson.
    15. Thank yourself for achieving the things you often take for granted. I got up in a thankful mood today so I should be able to do this. The eclipse yesterday couldn’t have gone better.
    16. Put down your to-list and do something fun or uplifting. I will color, walk, and meditate-all things that are fun and uplifting to me.
    17. Take a small step toward a positive change you want to see in society.
    18. Set hopeful, but realistic goals for the days ahead.
    19. Identify one of your positive qualities that will be helpful in the future.
    20. Find joy in tackling a task you’ve put off for some time.
    21. Let go of the expectations of others and focus on what matters to you.
    22. Share a hopeful quote, picture, or video with a friend or colleague
    23. Recognize that you have a choice of what to prioritize.
    24. Write down three specific things that have gone well recently.
    25. You can’t do everything! What are three priorities right now?
    26. Find a new prospective on a problem you face.
    27. Be kind to yourself today. Remember progress takes time.
    28. Ask yourself ‘will this still matter a year from now?’
    29. Plan a fun or exciting activity to look forward to.
    30. Identify three things that give you hope for the future.
    31. Set a goal that brings a sense of purpose for the coming month.

RVRita , Roswell, NM

“There is no need for me to accept blame for another person’s irrational actions. I will deal with my own shortcomings.” ALANON’s One Day at a Time.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    FYI,,,garlic to fend out ghouls is a REAL thing! LOL see the article in the spoiler
    3h1nzi0b4u2j.jpeg
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    That photo of husband was back when we lived on the Oregon coast. He was growing out his hair and his mustache! Now he's clean shaven and I shave his head with a #3. This morning he took all his button down, collared long sleeved shirts and washed them. He's been just wearing tees with sweaters, and his heavy rugby shirts most of the time. So I said, well you should just wear your suspenders as well, (jokingly said) but he said, "ooh I have to find them"! Oh heaven help me.😁. He should very entertaining though.💖🤗
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    Ok, he found them.
    jud3m660dh05.jpg
    Now he says when we go down south to see the kids, we should go to the mall there, and look at sport coats, or "waistcoat" sweater vests. He's excited, and its nice to see.
    Heather, its hard to acclimate in environments you're not keen to, but you did great. My middle sons home has dog hair one side to the other, so husband and I don't stay there if its both of us. My son used to be hurt by this a little, as when its just me visiting, I do stay there. He just tells people, "my Dad doesn't like my dogs" which I kind of feel bad about that. Smokers in a restaurant would affect me greatly. My middle smokes and takes long drags when she's video chatting with me. I never say anything but to me if she didn't smoke she would not have the wheezing that she has when she talks. Pick and choose my battles is what I repeat in my brain.
    Love all the photos, and you taking the time to vicariously take us along in your back pocket.💖👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - He looks so much healthier in the current picture!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Kim - so glad your questionable ouchie turned out to be a thorn. Good to have that worry out of the way.

Lisa - your talk of foccacia has inspired me to make a pizza tomorrow. For years, that was the Saturday night favorite at our house and I loved making the dough and that yeasty smell stuff. I had to buy new flour - the bag I had in the cupboard expired a year ago. That's how long it's been since I baked anything. I'll stick the new bag in the freezer once I scoop out what I need right now.

Carol - the nearest Lowe's is about 30 miles from my house. If I'm set on getting plastic roofing panels, I'll see if any of the local hardwares carry them. And I have other options - Charlie's wife volunteered to pick some up for me and bring them out. In that case, I need to sit down and figure how many I'll need so I don't have her wasting trips running for one panel at a time. I have my heavy duty snips and can cut them to size. I'm anxious to see how my jerry-rigged plastic panel works and just be content with that. ;)

Have your DH's sleeping habits changed a lot recently? Just thinking maybe he's not sleeping well at night for some reason so is catching up with the long naps. Hopefully it's a temporary thing.

Beth - I was glad to hear the end is in sight on the house siding project before the weather turns. And I remember what you went through to get your mom closer. Glad it worked out.

Heather - I just read your latest update on DH's daughter's place. Interesting - a big change from your cozy well-organized house for sure. Sorry about all the smoke -I wonder if lung cancer and COPD rates are super high there. Happy Birthday to him, by the way. :)

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    CarolGaGal wrote: »

Feeling sorry for myself. What do you do when your husband wants to sleep most of the day and then is up most of the night? I am beginning to feel like a widow. Can't plan to do anything together after lunch because he has to have his nap and it usually last 3 to 6 hrs.

Carol in GA

I feel that way about dh most of the time- mine isn't napping, well, sometimes he is, but is always in his room with the door closed(closed to keep the cats out so he can be on his laptop or working on a project without the cats in the middle of it)
    He does nap in the afternoon if he gets a chance then goes to his mom's at 4:30(plus at 9:30AM and stays an hour and a half or longer each time). He has been eating over there, says she gets mad if he doesn't eat something- isn't hungry for dinner at home but then after I go to bed, he is up in the kitchen snacking on something, other than what I cook and stays up well past midnight.

Only time we spend any time together is to go shopping- that man LOVES to shop- shops pretty much every day. Mostly for his mom's stuff now but just to go shopping too.

Debbie