WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,203 Member
    edited January 14
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Gyms can be expensive. I believe a family membership to the Y is in the area of $500. I switched to the other gym which was something like $300. However, now that I’m on Silver and Fit (not Silver Sneakers), it’s $50 in either place so I went back to the Y since they have a pool

Michele NC

The first gym membership we got here was just shy of $1000 each for a year ... something like $975 each. (I see they've gone up to $1430/year now for each person.) That was for the main gym/pool in the city.

After a couple years, we decided it was too expensive and started looking around for something else.

Then I discovered the university gym (because I had started attending university) and because my husband was over 55 and I was a student, we were able to get memberships for about $500 each. Much better!!

After he had his accident, we decided the drive 20-30 minutes each way, was too much, and the intensity of the gym was too much for him, so we took the $1000/year we were paying for a gym membership and started buying equipment at home. :)

So glad we did because when the COVID shutdowns came, we were all set up.

When I run, my heart rate gets up around 180 bpm. When I've been running regularly for a while, and I'm a bit fitter, it might only get up to about 170 bpm. I wish I could run with a lower HR, but so far, nope. So maybe it is what it is. I do have some valve issues which might contribute to the higher HR.

When I cycle, my HR is up around 140-150 bpm.

As long as the room temperature is over about 18C, I will definitely sweat.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Several years ago, I had a great idea about doing something with all the stuff on the fridge. I bought some things with that great idea in mind. Then I got distracted, and just a few months later, I completely forgot what that great idea was. I still can't remember. But that's one thing I do want to fix. It's really cluttered. Evidently I'll have to come up with a new great idea.

Machka in Oz
    Machka - Search for "organizing my refrigerator" and I bet you'll find one that shows your great idea from a while back... I use baskets in my fridge, too. Keeps a number of things like cheeses and bread corralled. You have to have bread in the fridge here, or it gets moldy in just a few days.

More in a minute.
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

There's not much stuff IN the fridge. Unfortunately, there's usually something that's been in there too long and gets the shelves all sticky.

But it's the outside of the fridge that needs decluttering. There are 1001 things stuck to the outside of the fridge.

Mainly there are emergency numbers, medic alert info, what to do in case of a seizure, etc. etc. But it's just overwhelming now.

M in Oz

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    [quote="Rosemarie2972;c-47880911"

Debbie: What a neat business! Selling 3D printed items!

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

[/quote]

This will be only our second show. We would do more but dh can't get away from his mom long enough to go do any other ones. The one coming up is just 20 min away and a short show.
    It is fun to do and something dh and I can do together,(that doesn't involve shopping)
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Margaret - I’m so sorry. My prayers are with you.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Oh, Margaret. I'm so sorry.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    Margaret- my deepest condolences..gosh he slipped away so fast,but sounds likehe transitioned well with you by his side..all you can ask for.. remember you always have us in your pocket..yes snuggle time with DrewB sounds like just the ticket xoxo
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    Margaret I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad however, that it happened in a calm, stress-free environment. Snuggle with DrewB and remember we are here for you.

<3
    Kylia in Ohio
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Margaret, so very sorry for your loss.

Joy
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Margaret my condolences and sympathy on the passing of your DH.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia
  • Machka9
    Options
    Margaret ... so sorry but glad you were there with him to the end.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Margaret … so very sorry … know that you are in my prayers.

Beth
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,813 Member
    Options
    Margaret - I’m so sorry for your loss.

Tracey
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    M – when we first moved to NC, the gyms open so late on Sundays that I started getting DVD’s. When Covid hit, I was so glad that I had them!

Margaret – I am so so very sorry for your loss.

Michele NC