Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ages 70+

1252627282931»

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,163 Member
    Hi! I just reupped today and was looking for a group I could join. I am 70. I lost 50 pounds on MFP over 10 years ago but gained back 30. Can I join you all?
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 404 Member
    edited September 11
    oceanmelody We also have vehicle inspections in Canada with each province having their own set of rules.

Crochetluvr Welcome to our little group! Pop in whenever you like and we would love to hear from you.
    I'm from Canada....74 years old and have about 30 pounds to lose as well. I'm losing 1 1b per week currently and using 1200 calories as my calorie count per day. Seems to be working so far. Look forward to hearing from you.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,321 Member
    Hello, I am 71 and just retired this summer. I really got weak in the last half year of working fulltime. My goal for retirement is to get healthy and fit. I am really interested in nutrition but exercise is what I need to address the most. Since retiring I have lost 10 lbs and started to exercise 6 days a week for a minimum of 30 minutes. My husband and I do aquafit every Sunday for about 50-55 minutes. I am also adding in strength training. I find that I gain when I am working fulltime and lose when I am not. I believe it is because I have more time to focus on exercise and making healthy meals at home. I do not feel it is only calories in and calories out. I feel it matters what you eat but then my goal is health not just losing. However I have a lot to lose so I am definitely focusing on that. Hope you don't mind me joining this thread.
  • Joy1580vb
    KeriA. Welcome to our group and we’ll done with the exercises! Totally agree that weight loss is more than simply calories in and calories out. What you eat and exercise are so very important.
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 444 Member
    Welcome KeriA and Crochetluvr! I’m in upstate NY and I’m 71. Would love to lose 15 pounds. Trying to exercise and stick to 1200 a day. Joined this group when mfp took newsfeed away. Have been on mfp forever.
  • Crochetluvr
    Good morning everyone and thank you for the welcome!

This is my 4th day. Last night was TOUGH. I am used to late snacking and I was SOOO tempted. But I soldiered through and this morning I feel good! Yesterday I took my second 3 mile walk of the week and that was an accomplishment too because it was hotter out. But I did it and I will continue twice a week for now until I get a little more stamina. I still have my stationary bike in the living room for in-between exercise.

Oceanmelody, thank you! I am in S. Jersey and I miss the newsfeed, too. But here we are!! I originally started on MFP in 2011. Came back a couple times and failed. NO failure this time...I am motivated! We will do this!

I hope everyone has a productive weekend! And enjoy!!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,321 Member
    I am making progress with losing weight this week. I am doing better with exercise but not as much as I want. We have 2 dinner parties this weekend. One at my brother's and one here with our best friends. They live here only in the summer. I am close to losing 12 lbs since retiring.
  • oceanmelody
    I am a native Jersey girl who’s been up here for many years. Have family in South Jersey and love my Jersey shore.
    Going on vacation soon and hope all the walking will help keep off pounds. Still planning on trying the local foods and desserts.
    Managed a 22.5 mile bike ride along the Erie Canal yesterday and took a break from exercise today!
  • Joy1580vb
    Good morning. Looks like everyone is staying on track with exercise....well done!

Quiet day yesterday as it was raining pretty much all day. Have to get out this morning and pick all my tomatoes as we dipped down low again last night so getting too close to frost. Have a nice crop of tomatoes and it would be a shame to lose them. They can ripen in the basement.
  • oceanmelody
    I’m hoping there won’t be frost here for a while. Still want to pick tomatoes when I get back.
    Took a little walk today. Brought bike in to get an annoying squeak fixed over vacation.
  • Crochetluvr
    Hope everyone had a great Saturday. I got a call from my daughter...she was grilling at my ex's and said there was plenty of food and I should come over. I tried to eat well and although I did go over my calories, it wasn't by too much.

Oh....my ex and I are on relatively good terms so that's why I can go there. I help him out sometimes and he pays me, so what the heck? Tomorrow it's back on plan.

Good night, all!
  • oceanmelody
    Tomorrow is our trip. Not sure if I will post for a while. But have to at least make an effort to log food—I have a streak of over 3000 days I can’t break! Hope you all have a great bunch of days!
  • Joy1580vb
    oceanmelody Hope you have a wonderful holiday and enjoy your time away. Look forward to hearing from you when you get back.

Picked all my tomatoes and stored them in the basement. Just have carrots and potatoes left in the garden now. Will wait until a frost before I deal with them.
  • Crochetluvr
    Happy Monday everyone! I got out for awhile with my partner and did some errands so I did get in some steps. He also helped me to load up some items for donation that have been sitting around my apartment for months and taking up space. Happy to see them gone finally. Now I have to continue organizing my spare room and get that set once and for all....it's been a mess for ages.

Looking forward to Fall and decorating for the season. And continue working on my crochet projects for the holidays. Enjoy the rest of your day!
  • Joy1580vb
    Hair appointment early this morning and just got back. Hubby and I have decided to start downsizing our farming operation. At the ages of 74 and 75 it is definitely time. Will not be renting out our land but instead putting it into hay over the next couple of years. Not going to renew our organic certification as we will probably only seed one quarter and the cost is not worth it.
  • Crochetluvr
    Hi again! Today I got a lot accomplished. Got my vaccinations for the fall, my bloodwork taken care of and got my nails done and my eyebrows waxed. That's my splurge for the month. Next the dog needs grooming.

It's a cloudy day, but no rain at the moment. We need the rain.

Have a good evening everyone!
  • Joy1580vb
    Off to Costco this morning for a major grocery run. Cool morning and looks like a touch of light frost.

My little dog needs to see the groomer too. Will book her in for the end of the month. Just will get her clipped short but not shaved as I know we are heading into cooler weather.
  • Crochetluvr
    Good Morning!

My right arm is really sore from the vaccines. Had trouble sleeping because of it. Hope that passes quickly.

My A1c dropped a little from 6.9 to 6.6. It should improve even more as the weeks go by. I am pleased.

Nothing special on the agenda today....some shredding of old documents and organizing my yarn. It needs it.

Happy Thursday, all!