Ages 70+

1262728293032»

Replies

• oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 450 Member
    Walked along the canal. Sampled our Belgian chocolate. Did some reading. This week we have to make some progress on this place. So much weeding to do and painting projects to finish before cold weather sets in.
    That sauce sounds amazing!
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 409 Member
    I love Belgian chocolate. Trying to get some reading done too. Had some books on hold from the library for my kobo and decided to get a book that was available and started reading it. Next day 2 of my books on hold were available so I now have 3 to work on.

Started a little crochet project. Ordered an item through amazon called Cookie Box....it's a small bunny and includes everything needed to complete it. Was thinking of getting something like that as a Christmas gift for my 10 year old granddaughter but wanted to see how difficult it was. Took me 2 days to figure out how to do the so called magic ring to get started and am now on row 8 of the project. Had to rip it out and start over a couple of times but think I've finally figured it out. Might be too difficult for a 10 year old (although she may be better at it than me!).

Frost last night.
  • oceanmelody
    You inspired me—got some Roma tomatoes and canned some pizza sauce today. Next up is strawberry jam.
    I love crochet but haven’t tried making figures, just the usual hats, scarves and blankets and some flowers.
    Had an evening walk—it is getting dark too early!
  • Joy1580vb
    You made me chuckle about the tomato sauce. Good for you making some....so much better than what you buy in the store.

Back to working on my crochet bunny a bit later today. Bagging up more tomato sauce this morning then should be good for a few more days before more tomatoes are ready. Doctor appt tomorrow morning...yearly check up and need to get blood work done and set up appt for mammogram.
  • oceanmelody
    Ok so I made this thing called strawberry cocoa jam. It felt weird stirring the cocoa into the strawberries but it turned out well. Gonna have to dole it out in small doses to keep with the 1200 calorie program.
    Hope to go to the public market tomorrow for more produce. I have so many empty mason jars!
    I have to see if they want me to do blood work too. One thing at a time as we are getting our shots in a couple of days.
  • Joy1580vb
    Never heard of the strawberry cocoa jam but looked up and reviews are very good on it. Will be something I will try in the future but for now I'm sure I would over indulge so best to avoid.

Got a requisition for blood work which I will do next week and also have to call for my yearly mammogram.
  • oceanmelody
    Today it was homemade sriracha sauce. It seems to be very powerful! A little will go a long way.
    Trying to find canning recipes without much sugar content is challenging. I used to love making jam but hubby shouldn’t have it much. So I am making just a little for myself.
    I read a book on plastic packaging and want to use my good old fashioned glass jars that can be reused for years even more now.
  • Joy1580vb
    I used to do a lot of canning but not anymore. Tomato sauce is still something I do a lot of as I use it quite often. Went through my tomatoes and lots of ripe ones again. Filled 3/4 of a 5 gallon pail so will get to that tomorrow. This will be my biggest batch. Bought a Ninja food processor a few months ago and finding it so good to use for my sauce. Can put in onions and frozen sweet peppers and it chops everything up quickly. No more tears from chopping a bunch of onions! I just pulse the peeled tomatoes a bit in the machine a few at a time and does a great job.

Windy today with lots of tree leaves flying around.
  • oceanmelody
    Morning was a loss due to side effects of Covid/flu shots, but rallied enough in the afternoon for a nice walk. Used up the tomatoes with soup and roasted ones for the freezer. Still left with some dangerous jalapeños.
    I am safeguarding my daughters Vitamix and after using it for processing vegetables she may have to fight me to get it back.