LeanStrongSexy's 'NO MORE NEWSFEED' BLOG

Replies

• endurovet
    endurovet Posts: 337 Member
    edited September 4
    I was so excited when a friend had texted me about a BOGO sale on ribeye steaks - but unfortunately by the time I got by the store this evening after work, they were all sold out. All I snagged was one 3-pack of NY strips which were $10.99/lb. I’m not going to shell out $15.99/lb for ribeyes - I might as well go to our local BBQ joint which will serve you a good ribeye cooked to order with baked potato & a salad for $27.99; no cooking & no cleanup! That’s a splurge I’ll treat myself to every other month or so…
    It’s still shocking to me in some respects how expensive food has gotten - I need to make space in my freezer to order a box o’ steaks, that will lower the cost by a bit.
    I was very lucky that another friend invited me to swing by for dinner (brats & home fries) after my misguided grocery store mission, I was too tired to feel like cooking for myself!

Val

P.S. I will look into the FitBit group - mine gave me credit for 5400 steps/2.4 mi over the course of a moderately busy workday, but my feet have been painful. Probably time to invest in a new pair of shoes.
  • leanstrongsexy
    leanstrongsexy Posts: 98 Member
    endurovet, I wear my Fitbit on my ankle so I get a better read on my steps.

I accepted your friendship on Fitbit. But it says when I click on your name.
    m0bkwoakuck1.png
  • endurovet
    Geez, I was trying to do this the quick n’ easy way!?! But I guess it won’t be happy until I link my Google profile? Bleepity bleep bleep! I’m getting to be as much of a curmudgeon as my husband in not wanting to share my digital information…
    The good news is that my colleague’s husband should be released from hospital today - everything went well with his surgery (he didn’t wind up with a colostomy bag) and hopefully I’ll have her help back at work in a couple more weeks.
  • leanstrongsexy
    Endurovet, I wasn’t syncing up so deleted my Fitbit app and then reinstalled it. When I was asked the questions about hooking up my Fitbit to the app I didn’t realize I had signed up through Google now I’m stuck with the wrong Google email address for it and I don’t know how to change it.

Glad to hear your colleague’s husband is doing well
  • leanstrongsexy
    Just FYI: I have started a private hidden group on Facebook called LEAN STRONG & SEXY. This one s the link. I don’t know what would be easier. Continue using this platform for motivation and encouragement or use Fitbit news feed even though most people don’t want to use google for it or this private and hidden group on Facebook.

https://fb.me/g/4NO26pDew/0LjbEtFK

Did not have the best sleep. I kept dreaming that my phone was filled with virus apps and no matter how hard I tried to get to the settings so that I could delete these *kitten* virus apps I was just inundated with more virus apps. My ex-husband was in the dream with my son, but the house we were at was my Nana and grandpa‘s old house in Windsor. I have no idea what this stream means but it’ll be interesting to look it up.

Fitbit says I got five hours and 45 minutes of sleep. My weight on the scale this morning downstairs was 226. Considering I didn’t sleep a full eight hours and I was 232 on Sunday I am liking that number. 

Cooking chicken wings now which I’ll eat for brunch and supper.

I’m trying to get enough ambition to go downstairs and tackle my laundry in the basement in general. I’m having a hard time doing that. 
  • endurovet
    edited September 5
    I am so damned tired, but forcing myself to stay up until 10 PM…
    I’d be better off using a FB group - I clicked the link but it said it had expired? So you make have to re-post it…
    I got my FitBit after participating in a research study; when I checked settings it is still under the UTA email address so I don’t seem to be able to change anything at this time. I’m going to contact the grad student whom I was working with and see if she can release or reboot it so I can put the account under my own email & Google acct… Here’s my blog post about it from last year:
    https://endurovetssparkjourney.blogspot.com/2023/08/good-lil-piggie.html
    I grilled those NY strips tonight & they were “aight” as the kids say - pretty good steaks but not as good as the filet I treated myself to last week when I was up in Big D at dinnertime.
  • MaryM6316
    MaryM6316 Posts: 6 Member
    I've been on mfp for about a month and am trying to understand how these communities work. Guess it explains alot that they shut down the feed. How do yall stay in touch without it? I was on noon for a year and the community/feed was a huge support to me. Would love to have that here.
  • leanstrongsexy
    endurovet

I got your membership to the FB group and approved it. It wasn’t actually expired. You have to ‘leave’ the community pages to go to FB. I think. I’ve got you.

MaryM6316

Well I started my thread when I realized they stopped the feed. But since then haven’t seen any of my ‘friends’ here. I have made some new ones though. Yesterday or the day before I started a FB group that is private and hidden on Facebook so just those that follow my link from above will be members. I’m hoping that we don’t get any bots or scammers this way and only those that are trying to lose weight and want community engagement and motivation. I don’t know any other way that is free.

I hope you will join us. Other that that try looking for a group in MFP that is from your country or state or province. Hopefully if you go that route they will be active and supportive.
  • leanstrongsexy
    The scale this morning was 225. I am back to my first goal weight of my new Journey

Now onto the next goal. I’m a little behind because of succumbing to sweets in July and August for a week at a time. I then have to get back to 225 before I reach my next goal.

My meals for September 4th

rwc8zqaz8bkd.png
  • leanstrongsexy
    Today I only ate supper. My plan was chicken wings again. Have I mentioned I can be a little OCD about my meals. Anyway my son stopped by and ate some of my wings. According to the calories I wasn’t up to the calorie quota so I added some scrambled eggs to bring my calories within range

ix6xiqaioz5q.png
  • leanstrongsexy
    The scale this morning was 224. Yay
    September 6th meals and my sleep.
    I got 8 hrs with only a couple of pee trips.

hx412pavf1o6.png

p2n3sifsgprs.png
  • endurovet
    My sleep was also very good, thanks to the company of my little dog - my husband and I always fight over who gets to keep Izzy tucked in close at hand! She is a great little bedbug 🥰❤️💕
    l1itoudmheha.jpeg
    4d1v24qbs342.jpeg
  • leanstrongsexy
    endurovet,

That is awesome. My Shamie 07gq1bsk9s9u.jpeg
    is much bigger so every time he moves to reposition and drops on the bed he can sometimes drop on top of me.

Chewie the Shepard is not a cuddler so doesn’t spend much time on the bed.
  • endurovet
    Fortunately my big dogs sleep on their doggie beds & do not try to cram into bed with me! That would be tight since I am sleeping in my son’s old twin bed upstairs (Hubby snores; for a while he was sleeping upstairs but after recent houseguest’s visit, we switched & I wound up upstairs… Stairs are good cardio, right?!?)
    Really feeling rough this morning - I should NOT have indulged in popcorn when we had our date night at the movies last night! Blergh! Hopefully a nice cleansing fast will help me recover - right now I feel like a victim of carbaholic poisoning 🥴
  • leanstrongsexy
    Endurovet,

Oh wow. I know that carboholic hangover well. I can’t eat popcorn either. Stairs are definitely cardio.
  • leanstrongsexy
    kbw6mqm5t874.png
    1390qxzsax72.png

September 7th, Meals and sleep.

Meals was good sleep not so much. Insomnia can be a *kitten*. Hopefully I’ll be able to sleep tonight.
  • endurovet
    Are you logging your meals on this app? My son talked me into signing up for Lose It! a few months ago when he was alarmed about his newlywed spread… he seems to have faded away so I may switch over and start logging things here.
  • leanstrongsexy
    Endirovet, yes I’m still using this app for loving food. I don’t always do it every day though.

Scale said 224 this am am. I’m happy with that. I also slept really well. 11+ hrs. Now usually after getting a good nights sleep I get a lousy nights sleep the next night. I’m hoping that does not happen this time. 

7idbldo49nu9.jpeg
  • leanstrongsexy
    Meals for September 9th

9h6ui7ogdbts.png
  • endurovet
    I can’t figure out how to consolidate/screenshot the food diary like that? I tried a new routine yesterday - got myself a breakfast sandwich (sausage patty & egg, taken off the bun) to hold myself over till lunchtime. Ended up 100 calories & about 50 carbs over my targets (need to edit those too) - if I eat 1600 cal/d I’ll regain. Maintenance level for me seems to be 1300 cal/50 g carbs