Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

LeanStrongSexy's 'NO MORE NEWSFEED' BLOG

Replies

• leanstrongsexy
    leanstrongsexy Posts: 102 Member
    September 11th Meals and sleep

oknxf8h6vxf6.png

6zstzudxa626.jpeg

Yesterday’s steps were good to but I think I got most of them from rocking

bqeb8ac3bxwz.jpeg

But today September 12th’s weigh in was real good because the needle has finally moved. After 2 months of losing what I gained back because of bad eating choices and staying on the food plan since the beginning of September the needle has moved to

5xv17ojtz3sf.jpeg

I am down to 223. Which is awesome. Now to continue this trajectory with good food choices.
  • endurovet
    endurovet Posts: 340 Member
    Yesterday I had the pleasant surprise of a last-minute lunch invitation from my super-busy friend whom I hadn’t seen in a while. Sounds as if I’m making excuses - fair enough! - but I wasn’t gonna sit across from her eating a salad, or splurging on carne asada when she’s pinching pennies (“I haven’t eaten out in weeks”), so I ordered the usual Tex-Mex fare…
    Then she wouldn’t let me pick up the tab - “We’re going Dutch!” Arrrrrrgh!
    Anyway, today’s a brand new day, amirite?!?
  • leanstrongsexy
    That sounds like you had a fabulous time.

I had a very uneventful day. I took the chainsaw so that it could be repaired. I exchanged one lawnmower belt for another, took all the camping bedding to the launder and dropped it off. I then went to the local grocery store and snack store and bought my lottery tickets and 4 rib steaks. I took out a prime rib for Sunday supper. I season it and wrap in Saran Wrap so it can marinate. I plan to have fish tomorrow night.

• endurovet
    I don’t know about “fabulousness” - if nothing else, it’s more of a misery loves company kind of thing! Poor Karen is always having some sort of crisis with her young adult kids - basically raising her granddaughter after her 19-year-old deliberately got pregnant. (She wanted to “show her mom how it’s done”, but motherhood puts a cramp in her partying so she winds up leaving her child with her parents most of the time, and let’s not get into the baby-daddy drama. Their relationship was like a revolving door for a while, but now they are back to being adversarial) Good thing Karen is 5 yrs younger than me, but she’s still “tired” - I don’t envy her!
    I’ve told my son that I’m in no hurry for grandkids - I was very lucky that Z didn’t knock anyone up during his partying phase!
  • leanstrongsexy
    Oh wow. I guess that isn’t fabulous. I have just the one boy. He has had a on again off again relationship with a girl that I really like. She has a son from a previous mistake that now calls my son dad. These two are what I would call a co-parenting relationships. They are great at being best friends and parenting her boy but not so good at being a couple. If that makes sense. My son, 31, has decided he is not interested in being in a relationship or having his own children. So they go on parenting her son. They live within walking distance of each other so it works for them.
  • leanstrongsexy
    Meals and sleep for September 12 th.

My steps are not accurate so I’m not sharing them. I took the Fitbit off to charge and forgot.

Last night’s sleep not bad 6 hours. I can function on that. Food was the usual. Scale said 223 this am so I’m happy.

xfb6w8h8i5za.jpeg

cjpx1ody5a7f.png
  • leanstrongsexy
    Meals and sleep for September 13th

My steps are included today but I believe most of that activity is from rocking. As I have mentioned before I like to rock in my rocking chair. I don’t do it consciously. I also wear my Fitbit on my ankle

wsm7p8ywpv1t.png

lgnjw8fv6g6r.jpeg

w0sijdmayo2k.jpeg
  • endurovet
    edited September 14
    My Z is 26 - how the time hath flown! He used to vow that he’d never have kids (thanks to his miserable childhood experiences with his father, a narcissistic abuser who kept us tied up in court battles between divorce & custody issues for THE ENTIRE TIME. I called it The 17 Years War, and as horrible as it was for me, my heart is broken for my innocent child. I have apologized to him countless times for my poor choice of his sire, offering to pay for therapy, etc - Z clicked with a good one in high school, then lost him in the final custody battle…
    But now that he’s been with V for a couple of years, he is talking about “when they have kids” - I’m advising him to take his time & talk as much as they can out ahead of time. I know V is concentrating on her career right now as Z gets established in his own.
    Crappy sleep for me last night as I anxiously anticipate working with the new farrier this morning. Gotta get Silas’s rattly old shoes pulled, he’s 2 wks overdue! so I can measure him for boots for next month’s ride. And hope that Mark can do something for my sweet crippled Moonie.
    ntloezbbjl8o.jpeg
    j8bp9c3nbfa0.jpeg
    Blurry photo from last weekend’s ride - my friend Sam is aboard Silas behind me & Baraq, then Carla bringing up the rear
  • leanstrongsexy
    edited September 14
    Wow. I’m sorry your ex was so horrible for so many years.

I don’t understand a lot about horses but I do understand the shoe situation. A loose shoe is never good.

I hope your son and daughter do well in their future with careers and life partner choices. That is all we can hope for when our own choices sucked.

My son once told is kinda girlfriend that he has decided that having wife and kids is not in his future. He said at his age he is very stuck in his ways and does not want to change. I feel most of this attitude comes from the fact his dad lives with him and because his dad had a strict 2 yrs ago and now can’t work do to eyesight damage, my son feels responsible to look after him.

My ex has never lived on his own to look after himself including keeping his personal space clean.

• leanstrongsexy
    September 14th

Meals, sleep and steps.

I found this interesting info on the internet:

It's an easy way to burn approximately 150 calories an hour. Even seniors with health conditions such as Parkinson's Disease have a lot to gain from using a rocking chair. The act of rocking stimulates the balance mechanism in the inner ear. This occurs as the body naturally works to balance itself as the chair rocks

Since most of yesterday’s steps are from rocking I now know I am still burning calories.

5rpojxg2jp81.jpeg

5cqllom8151h.jpeg

e4v2y5udon3d.png
  • leanstrongsexy
    edited September 15
    So I took my dogs for a walk to the Pines and back. I’ve had a bad knee since December 2019 and I haven’t been able to do a lot of these walks. My knee felt pretty good going to the Pines and back. A little twinge on the way back because I have to go up a very slight incline, and I could feel it in my knee. The picture of the map doesn’t actually start where I started because I actually had to Google how to find the *kitten* maps on my Fitbit, because it’s not where it used to be. The second picture is of the space between where I started my walk and the pines and back. I hope that makes sense. It did not take me very long according to the app, 11 minutes but for my knee, I thought it was pretty good.

g7douqxmysxf.jpeg

1752b0zwpu7k.jpeg
  • endurovet
    Ate FAR too many carbs at the Viva Dallas Hispanic festival yesterday - even though my calories logged in just under 1500, my weight is up 2 pounds this morning. Just goes to show you all calories are not created equal - I shouldn’t have indulged in that Horchata but boy, is it good stuff!
    I’ve dawdled around far too long this morning when I need to go check on my mom, Cowboys game upcoming!
  • leanstrongsexy
    I’ll be watching NASCAR because I cannot get the Lions on tv here. Which sucks. I understand about the carbs. If I eat anything other than veggies that have carbs including fruit my weight goes up immediately too. Although when I succumb to carbs mine are from sweets or pizza. But it would take a week to lose it again. As I have posted here since June.
  • endurovet
    Ha! My Boyz got their butts spanked by the New Orleans Saints which is what everyone was predicting last week with the Cleveland Browns… I don’t want to turn on my car radio & hear all the moaning about it, so I’ll dial up the latest podcast I’ve been listening to, it’s about Neil Gaiman. As my grandfather used to say - feet of clay, feet of clay! Guess I’ll never be surprised at the male ego, what some men will do to justify their actions. (I should know better, having spent 14 years up close and personal with my sociopathic ex-husband)
    That good ol’ morning sun was slanting through my front door, hitting me right in the eyes but I have to just wait it out a few minutes as to not disturb my sweet little doggie 🥰
  • leanstrongsexy
    September 15th meals and sleep.

So I cooked a prime rib roast. It’s the only thing I ate. I went over my calorie budget but it’s was without carbs.

I’ll be having leftovers today and will probably blow my calorie budget again. I don’t care I love prime rib.

hjy1l1d8xmfu.png

x6sqc5cn1du0.png

When I drive I listen books I have already read that way I don’t have to pay attention to strongly. I always know what is happening.

Sorry to hear about your team. I don’t think my Lions won either but I haven’t checked. I use the games as background noise while I read.

Yesterday my grandson was over and I spent most of my time while the race was on helping him determine that something he got from the goodwill was actually FUBARD. It took me hours trying to explain show I’m that. He kept insisting that if we just had this particular SD card the contraption would work. I did get to pay attention to the last 10 laps though. And he is still not convinced Is fubard.
  • endurovet
    I loves me some prime rib too, but my favorite is a good ribeye. Too bad it’s pushing $20/lb!
    Sleep was “aight” last night, but I creaked out of bed extremely stiff & sore - guess that was the hiking around Z & I did on Saturday. My FitBit clocked 3 miles.
    ydvnce905cds.png
  • leanstrongsexy
    September 16ths Meal, Sleep and new weigh in

So my meal I ate during my Brunch time which is noon to 2 pm and ate my left over prime rib. I don’t eat again afterwards.

Sleep last night was good but short.

This morning Sept 17 I weighed in to a new 1 pound less on the scale.

Yay me.

otv721l8ztos.jpeg

rxbn753fx8ip.jpeg

bpl9kimm4c4b.jpeg
  • leanstrongsexy
    Endurovet,

I buy my prime rib when it goes on sale. If it’s a really good deal I buy several and put them in my freezer. The best deals here in Canada for me are around Christmas, New Year’s and Easter.
  • endurovet
    I’m just going to buy us a new freezer when I get the surgery trailer sold… We had an old fridge in our garage which was useful for overflow, but it went out a couple of years ago. Right now Hubby has our freezer full of frozen fish for his own meals - but I much prefer beef. The most dietary success I’ve had was when I could do big-batch cooking on the weekends, dividing food up for meals during the week instead of doing stupid stuff like buying a cheeseburger…
  • leanstrongsexy
    Endured,

Yes, when I was working, batch cooking was helpful for me too. Now that I don’t work anymore, I’m retired. I have to be very vigilant and not buying sugary treats and ice cream when I’m out.