Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

News Feed caused ALL my friends to go to Lose It.

Options
I am torn whether to just leave MFP with my over 9 year streak. Most of my long term OG friends have jumped ship to Lose It and now just have ghost accounts on here. I am torn what to do because the biggest part of MFP besides losing 200 lbs is the connection and the news feed with so many people. Many I have met in real life and many have even spilled over to my social media.
8 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• pawsrbabies239
    pawsrbabies239 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am new to MF and I like it but DO NOT LIKE how I have to go digging to see replies or find feeds. So from what I’m reading is I find a specific group & join or follow it.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Hey friend! I was already on LoseIt for logging, now MFP lost me… I keep checking in to see if some kind of newsfeed comes back. So sad, I just hit 2000 days here. I think one of the LoseIt groups from here is called MFP Exodus.

@MFP what a mistake you’re making.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I am new to MF and I like it but DO NOT LIKE how I have to go digging to see replies or find feeds. So from what I’m reading is I find a specific group & join or follow it.
    Go under your "bell" and look for replies and you can just see the replies you've done and if someone replied back.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 40 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I tried loseit and settled on mynetdiary. Considerably more polished and functional. Feel free to join us! Trying to get the group there big and active.

https://www.mynetdiary.com/community/groups/65401
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Might as well do away with the friends feature, too, at this point. Sad times.

MFP still has the advantage of a better database and the ability to add recipes, but that's it.
  • ClairvoyantClaws
    ClairvoyantClaws Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    BRING BACK THE NEWSFEED! It the only reason I recommended friends to this app, so I could "like" their progress and workouts and now you took that away 😡

-A Very Disgruntled Premium User
    (I wish I could get a refund)