Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,174 Member
    Back in the pay booth today, yesterday was slow. I like it like that!

I didn’t take a picture of dinner yesterday as they FORGOT to give me a lunch break until I called the Ranger Superintendent at 1:30! My lunch is supposed to be at one, they never relieved me until 2, then at about 8pm last night, he called wanting us to go look for someone’s wallet while he was at LUNCH! As I’ve said in the past, this man does not belong in that position!!

Had steak with cheesy potatoes, cold beets with onions in oil and vinegar (beets were pickled), orange for dessert. Sargento Fast Break and a small plum for snack before late dinner. Pita with peanut butter, cream cheese and some watermelon for supper.

RVRita in Roswell
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,174 Member
    Here are some links I thought some of you may enjoy:

Diet research
    Hunger scale
    The Hunger Scale: Mindful Eating for Weight Loss
    Back pain
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/in-depth/back-pain/art-20546859

On sugar
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/the-sweet-danger-of-sugar

Healthy eating
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1878450X13000061

Recipes
    https://www.dietid.com/recipes
    Recipes

https://cuisinicity.com/

RvRita
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,565 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Did the early morning shopping, not bad and not busy. Grabbed some things that had been out of stock and loaded up. Anymore, if I see it get it (maybe or three of them!) because it might not be there the next time I go in.

Rita
    - thanks for the links. Glad your stint at the booth will soon end.

I forgot to mention - in my diabetes prevention class last week, one fellow said he hadn't lost that much weight, and he was disappointed, BUT he just had his labs done and his A1C was down quite a bit and everything else had improved too. :D He has changed his diet a lot, cutting out meat (I assume red meat like burgers on the grill) but said he eats eggs and sometimes fish, otherwise plenty of veggies.

Barbie - hope Jake's condition improves and he'll be able to take over the wheel in what - 5 months? In the meantime, you get to re-hone your driving skills. ;) I know you used to get time to yourself when he'd be off at appointments, so this is a change for you.

Heather - enjoy your visit with your old friend, it will be interesting to catch up with her after all these years.

Ginny - hope your brother is able to enjoy/understand the game. Yes, these stretches are very helpful. I wonder why that stretch the little gal did for sciatica with one leg back and leaning forward over the tucked leg works? Bob & Brad had some sciatica stretches recently and said they were "flossing the nerve" - that the large sciatic nerve sometimes gets hung up in the nerve tunnel. That makes sense. I saw some other stretches were the therapist said the fascia gets tight. Maybe it's that too. I do know a definite improvement, whatever it is. Very thankful for all this info we have access to.

Tracey - I liked what you posted about friends we've grown apart from. I was very close to my Seattle friend many years ago, and we slowly drifted apart. DH and I moved south to get the farm going, and she moved up to a small town near Canada. She wanted me to come visit, but the drive would have been impossible, plus I had too much going on down here. So other than Bday and Christmas cards, we didn't correspond. I misplaced her phone number, and would always tell her to email me when I'd send her a card, give my email, etc. I'd email her. Nothing. I thought maybe she never checked that email anymore, I have one like that. So when I got a Bday card from her a while back, she actually wrote in it "would love to hear from you." I'll give it another go. She is everywhere in this house. Pictures on the walls I bought when I was with her. Decorative bowls I picked up when shopping with her or at garage sales. A couple chairs she didn't want anymore are perfect in my living room. Miss her a lot.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Reminder to get your "check-in" info to me by tomorrow noon if participating. TIA!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,565 Member
    Debbie - hope your mom's roomie is totally out of there. Finally! Is your mom going to be OK living by herself from here on out? You do go see her quite often and now can have a nice relaxed time with her. Hope you and your DH can find someone suitable for MIL.

Kim - happy to hear you've possibly run across some help with that medical insurance dilemma. Crossing fingers it gets straightened out and you can move forward with a better plan, and one you can afford. ;) And without that dicey billing.

Lisa - that quillow is adorable. What a great idea - cute little raccoon. What's the material again?

Allie - gosh Tracey is only 2 weeks away! Your high school reunion looked like fun. My 50th was a few years ago, I didn't go but one of my classmates took a lot of photos and gave a "report", lol. So I got the scoop and didn't have to buy a plane ticket. :p Many of my classmates are FB friends so I keep up with them. I think the last one I attended was my 20th.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,467 Member

Did Karen Voit’s Firm Abs and Arms DVD then walked to Food Lion. Decided I needed more Asian Pears and the peaches were on sale ($1.29) so I got them in addition to a package of Gatorade for Vince. I didn’t know it, but I could have saved an extra $1 had I also gone to their kiosk. Well, live and learn….. Then to Aldi

Making yogurt for the IP. Afterwards, I plan to plant one more plant. That’s enough for now.

Tracey – oh, I can’t wait to go to that podiatrist. He HAS to do something, can’t be any worse than the other docs, that’s for sure. Another thing, ever since I had that procedure on my eye, I feel like an eyelash is in there. Tuesday I may call the office to see if this is normal.

Annie – so sorry to hear about Teddy. At least you know they're benign

Margaret – love that saying. Applies to anything

Planted the plant then went in the pool. It’s starting to drizzle so I’m running Hubble (robotic vacuum) in preparation for bringing in the Halloween and Christmas decorations tomorrow. Wonder how Vince will feel, he suggested it, but if it’s hot????

Lanette – I love to go shopping early Sunday morning. There are very few people there (most are in church) so you can get a lot done in no time

Off to make the bed, take a shower, then go to bed. Nite all.

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,123 Member
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Well, I lost my log-in streak and I can’t reset it because the newsfeed is gone so I can’t scroll bsck to my last “congratulations……” post. I am just over it. I will start over.

:)https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login-counter-reset-request

This is the link to get your counter reset

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,765 Member
    Lanette - The pale green is plush, and the raccoon is felt.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,976 Member
    Hello all
    I was a lump on a log today.. didnt get a blessed thing done today.. there's always tomorrow..
    My internet keeps going out will have to call Verizon and find out whats going on.
    Good night all will catch up in the morning.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,907 Member
    I don’t understand how MFP loads the pictures, it’s certainly not the order I select.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    edited September 2
    Good morning ladies!

I forgot to mention - in my diabetes prevention class last week, one fellow said he hadn't lost that much weight, and he was disappointed, BUT he just had his labs done and his A1C was down quite a bit and everything else had improved too. :D He has changed his diet a lot, cutting out meat (I assume red meat like burgers on the grill) but said he eats eggs and sometimes fish, otherwise plenty of veggies.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

When people say they cut out meat, they might mean one of the top 8 on this chart. And meat, in the 9th choice, includes everything not including poultry and fish.

pyvwikuaacf0.png
    https://dconnect.co.nz/what-is-a-plant-based-diet/

Or here's another grouping ... and meat here would again be everything but poultry and fish.

k3vle0o6goep.png

https://www.facebook.com/sisifriendly/photos/a.1531993300179008/5395597370485229/?type=3

Machka in Oz