Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,683 Member
    Such cute kittens Michele!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,979 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,581 Member
    I've just been asked to submit a review of my surgeon. I saw every single one was 5 stars. I followed suit. :p

John said he would accompany me to M&S later this morning on the bus. We might have a sandwich lunch there. I always have an egg and watercress sandwich with extra salt and pepper, and an Earl Grey tea. Also, we can buy something for dinner that's easy. He is hoping I can find some clothes for my birthday in October. I'm looking for a jacket/blazer, in the new styles. I also want to try on jeans, to see if I can find a comfortable pair. Not hopeful. :#

I've spent the last hour trying to mend Edie's small lawn quilt. Bea kicked holes it it! I bought some iron on fusible fabric, which I had to Google how to use, and it looks pretty good. I'm not confident of being able to do much stitching, without it looking horrible, but I will try. She has such faith in me! I will investigate invisible tacking. But, I will have to advise her to put it somewhere where it won't get damaged again!
    I was absolutely knackered by the time I had finished ironing! Oouuff!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,503 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    edited September 3
    exermom wrote: »
    Carol – here they are when we first got them, We were bringing in the Christmas (yes, Christmas) decorations. I already have the popcorn strung for the trees

You know, while we were bringing in the decorations, Vince took about 3 breaks, he had to sit down. Then I went in the pool and he took a nap. I do find that the older I get, the slower I am. But I get the job done. Maybe I have more stamina than he has or maybe it’s because he’s older than I am (only a month).

Tomorrow the plan is to work, then I have to count the donations at the church, then take the donations to the soup kitchen. They’re having this parade of canned goods, they weigh them. Afterwards, I’m thinking I’ll go to the nursery and get 2 more plants that I can plant. Probably come home and plant them.

Took a walk to Food Lion to get Gatorade for Vince. I didn’t know that I could have used the kiosk for another $1 coupon but I did this time. So in the end it was $4.99 where as it’s usually $6-something. Came home, took a shower, and will probably get to bed in a bit

Tomorrow I need to call Exodus Homes to see when the guys can transplant the plants for me. I also need to call Food Lion because I hadn’t downloaded the monthly offers and I got one item. Then I want to call the eye md to see if this irritation is normal and when will it go away?

Pip – lovely planter. Did you use stencils or draw it freehand?

Off to bed.

Michele NC

Fred:
    fgpxeiixpils.jpg

Chewy

6y24lqj5vxty.jpg

Barney

wvy8xvzjs8vc.jpg

Yoda

dsbp18ypdqky.jpg

Freehand. If I had better brushes, stuff would have come out a lot better. Too cheap, those are $1 store brushes and paint.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    Hi Ladies,
    September came in with a bang. Yesterday was my baby boy's birthday. He is now 23 and almost done with University. He took two years off due to Covid. He and I both got it, and it made him depressed being isolated in his dorm and not able to socialize. So, they held his scholarship and let him go on medical leave. He is so happy and thriving now.
    I found you guys. Thank you, Barbie, Lisa, and Barbara, for guiding me through the September post. The comfort tech fixed my AC, but the guy said that the fan motor was dying. He said that, hopefully, the motor would last another year. If not, then that would cost $900.00 plus. This was when I was ready to take Rose to Day camp so she wouldn't bother Elliot, the repair guy, and my car wouldn't start. So, my husband told me to contact the warranty people to have my vehicle towed. So, after Elliot left, the tow truck arrived. I asked if he could give me a jump, and my car started. So, he advised that I take it in to get checked out. So I drove Rose to Day Camp cause she was barking to go. I then took the Jeep to the dealer, and they gave me an Uber ride home. I told the guy I hoped to have it back tonight to pick up my dog. He said that he would try to get it seen soon. Rose may be spending the night there. Rose kept me up most of the night, wanting to lay on the grass. Sleeping downstairs makes it easier to get me up. My head hurt due to fatigue.
    Allie reunions can be fun. We had our ten-year reunion at Disneyland, and we had a blast. I have failed to attend since then. I remember losing weight, and I purchased this expensive New York Jones dress. I also had my hair done in a French roll and my nails done—I had never had my nails done with acrylics before. People ask me if I was a newscaster. I flew into California. I know I will never get that done to my nails again. I love short nails. I got a fungus from the fake nails. I wash my hands too much in my line of work. The other reunions were thorny for me to get away and attend. Maybe I will attend the fifty-year one.

Rita, Dobie, and Harry Potter look so cute. The salmon dish looks delicious, and I have that banana ice cream recipe. I ordered an ice cream maker from Walmart in July, but I never got it. I contacted Walmart, and they said that they do not deal with that third party anymore, so I will have to deal with them to get my money back. So, I will not order from Walmart again.

Rebecca, your sons look handsome, and I enjoy talking to you. My son rather text.

Heather, you are done with your handsome surgeon, but did he have you go to PT?? Now, about decluttering, I will do it. I threw out some things at work and took some things home from my locker. I kept my plates. I will continue to work on my locker. Lastly, alone time is a gift, and I am glad you enjoyed it. It sounds like your DH had fun, too.

Rebecca and Carol, my DH lost 106 pounds, and it is time to donate his clothes. I am 65-70 pounds down, so I will donate scrubs and clothes.

Margaret, I need to send my aunt a plant with a dragon for her birthday. She would love it.

Annie, it is hard to be a caregiver to our parents. I don't know how I would have kept my sanity, and sometimes I didn't without my therapist—sending big hugs to you.

Pip, you never cease to amaze me. I shared your feat with my DH—a lovely collection of bike jerseys. Yay to 3500 miles!

Machka- That picture of the mountains was breathtaking. You need to print and frame that picture.

Michelle, I love your kittens. They are so cute and rambunctious.

Tracey- I loved Sheryl Crowe, and she remains on my playlist. I loved the FB letter, too; I took a pic of it.

Lisa, your Quillows are pretty foxy. I was converting my garage into a craft room, but the guys did subpar work and took off with my money. I am moving anyway. Maybe one day.

I am ready for my undisturbed nap since my dog isn't here. I will take my muscle relaxer for my back and motrin for my neck. Then, we will see if I feel up to yoga or step aerobics when I wake up. Have a wonderful day, everyone.

Thx! Not bad for 65