WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,596 Member
    Lisa - you sure had a busy day yesterday. Isn't it something that as we get older, we know where the nice bathrooms are around town and what time they open? ;) The last time I used Walmart's at the front of the store, it was a nightmare. Flies and everything, it reminded me of the nasty ones at Midway Airport in Chicago when I was flying back home over 20 years ago, maybe they are nicer now. The one in back of the Walmart store employees use is usually clean and not crowded. My favorites are Walgreens, Tractor Supply and the county courthouse. :p Good job on the pumpkins! And what a lovely craft room, so much room to work and storage. ;)

Michele - your kittens are so cute. Are any of them friendly - like to cuddle? I remembered to use that eye gel before I went to bed last night and it helped a lot. Hope the eye drops do the trick for you.

Heather - I'm always happy to hear you are venturing out and resuming your regular activities. How's the UTI?

Tracey - good luck finding the cords. DH has a couple boxes of cords in the shop, I need to go through them and see if any will fit the one little radio I have. The rest are destined for the garbage I guess. If I was a kidnapper I'd have plenty of strong cords to tie my victim's hands and feet together before I threw them in the trunk of the car. :p OK, come to think of it, I might save a few. Might come in handy tying something together in the chicken run. ;)

Ginny - I bet the hearing aids will be great. I think we don't realize how bad our hearing has gotten until it's been helped by them. On my list for next year. I'd love to give the higher end "over the counter" ones a try if they were available locally. Price is a lot more reasonable than what I paid ten years ago, glad these are available now. Good news on the labs too.

Monique - wow, seems like every time you turn around this past week you are hit with a big bill! Hope the car warranty covers this. Glad to hear your AC is fixed. Great job on the weight loss. When you retire, if your mother is still living, do you plan to move her to Chicago too?

Question - do any of you still have your wedding dresses? Mine was a little cream color street length skirt and top, not really wedding-y. It's hanging in the back of the closet, I had starved myself down to 129 lbs to fit into it back then - I was 25. DH and I got married in my grandmother's parlor, just family present. Huge snowstorm, snowdrifts to battle but the pastor made it out to the farmhouse. My dad had to plow the road to get him back into town. Anyway, I'm thinking I should put the outfit in the donate box.

Barbara - I think I can always find something in the fridge to toss. Even with a cleanout, seems there's a jar or something questionable in the crisper drawer that was hiding! So glad to hear your energy is back and you are out and about again. Did the water tank get fixed? Is everything back and working again?

Heading to town this morning to grab a few things. The weather blast furnace is turning the heat up to the mid 90'sF here for the next few days after today and I just don't go out shopping or running errands/doing lunches when it's that hot. Period. :p I'm starting to take the weatherman's advice for a change to stay inside where it's cool if possible.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,618 Member
    Lanette - I am using an old computer connection cord , knotted, to keep the French windows in the dining room from blowing open in the wind. :p I stop it closing by jamming a pair of John's plastic gardening clogs in the gap. :p:p Not elegant, but it works. Those old computer cables are strong!
    Antibiotics working 💪

Tonight's dinner is broccoli and homemade pesto pasta. With peas, broad beans, and artichoke heart. Parmesan. I use wholegrain spelt spaghetti. Feels super healthy. o:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,207 Member
    edited September 4
    Carol turns out I attended one of the least attended days which made it much easier to get to see more. I have been there when there is 3X the amount that were the day I attended. It was much more fun because of it.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,618 Member
    The family come home tomorrow. I will be relieved when they are back safely.
    I still haven't stitched Edie's quilt. I will do it tomorrow morning. :*
    In the afternoon we will have to move stuff out of the bathroom cupboards and then shift the cupboards themselves. They aren't very heavy for two of us.
    When the family get back my son will be coming over to collect Max's new uniform, which was delivered here while they were away.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,872 Member
    So sad about the shooting. Prayers said for all.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,474 Member
    Question - do any of you still have your wedding dresses? Mine was a little cream color street length skirt and top, not really wedding-y. It's hanging in the back of the closet, I had starved myself down to 129 lbs to fit into it back then - I was 25. DH and I got married in my grandmother's parlor, just family present. Huge snowstorm, snowdrifts to battle but the pastor made it out to the farmhouse. My dad had to plow the road to get him back into town. Anyway, I'm thinking I should put the outfit in the donate box.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

I have my wedding dress from my second wedding - it's a blue maxi dress which I have worn a time or two since.

ciople40qp9i.png

I donated my wedding dress from my first wedding about 15 years ago.

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,089 Member