Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2024

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,174 Member
    Today is: a day to rest!
    oghfa1hf0akg.jpeg
    4uk5otxqi1md.jpeg

RVRita
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,349 Member
    ❤️❤️
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Michele ~ Would love to see photos of the kitties! :)

What kind of decorations are you bringing in? I suppose Fall ones.

Heather ~ Had to look up the workshops your friend conducts. WOW! Another new word/term for me.

Ginny ~ Thoughtful to think about future living needs. I hope you find a place that you like and that will also be good as you continue to go through life.

Rebecca ~ Your 3 sons look so much alike! Glad you are able to have ZOOMs with them.

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,976 Member
    Heather- im over here chuckling away,I can just see the other couple listening in on your conversation with your friend and just being shocked..lol
    Ive just been wholed up and not much in the mood to do much of anything.. maybe my meds need to be tweaked I don't know..
    It just feels like my get up and go ,got up ans went..
    I have so many wonderful things to look forward to..
    New baby,cruise etc..
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,565 Member

MFP Weekly Check-in for September 2, 2024

Rita in Roswell NM – My work paid off! Down 3.1 pounds last week to 171.5, 2.8 for month of August, 10.8 for the last 90 days, 7.9 for last 6 months, 1 pound for year which tells me I put a lot of this weight on this year and now am losing ‘old’ weight. And I am 35 pounds less than my highest weight 8 years ago of 210! Heading in this right direction with this eating plan for life!

Barbara on the Southern Oregon Coast - WT 129.0 lowest since last December. August average down 1.7lb from July average. All activities (BB&B, line dance, Zumba, steps and PT) fell off completely the past 3 weeks due to cold and C-19 negative fatigue. Since no activity to track, no idea about sugar, CI<CO or AF?.

Debbie in Napa Valley CA – 149.4- up just a little bit over last week.

Lanette in SW WA State – weight staying in range, set point staying under 160 for the past few weeks. Still walking after each meal if possible for 10 minutes, in the house, carrying 3 or 5 lb. weights. On my way to building sustainable diet and exercise habits.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,581 Member
    edited September 2
    Carol - My friend doesn't lead the tantric workshops. She goes to them with her partner. And other types of s e x and gender and orientation workshops. It's obviously doing her the world of good. Full of energy and bounce at 69! :p
    Her workshops are in self-development and self confidence for women. Sort of 'change your life' type thing. She is now training teachers of her work. She texted me to say that the kind of conversation we had yesterday "really feeds me". :laugh: I loved it too. B)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    edited September 2
    Tracey Minnesota State Fair I am glad it sparked a good memory...

I no longer post or share public pictures too much AI and possible hackers...I will only share my pictures...

Plus there are often copywrite laws around sharing pictures that aren't yours. Some are free to share, but some aren't.

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,683 Member
    Great painting Pip (and Kirby)!👍🏼💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    Great painting Pip (and Kirby)!👍🏼💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Thx! Haven’t decided if I a, going to put fake greenery, fake flowers or something real.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,035 Member
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Well, I lost my log-in streak and I can’t reset it because the newsfeed is gone so I can’t scroll bsck to my last “congratulations……” post. I am just over it. I will start over.

I am still mentally and physically exhausted from the Friday night/all day Saturday workshop I just led. I love doing those things. It is my passion and my calling. But then I do need a few days to recover.

I love my high school reunions. I am still very close to many of my classmates. I have never attended a college reunion. There would be 4 different sets and I wasn’t close to the groups as a whole. I do keep in touch with one roommate. We have lunch about twice a year and keep up via Facebook. I kept up with one or two from my doctoral cohort for a while, but we’ve drifted apart.

I just got your donation, thx so much!!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,968 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »

I just got your donation, thx so much!!

You are welcome!