COFFEE LOVERS!? What do you put in your coffee?

Options

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Protein powder.

Ditto. Just because people put flavoring in their coffee, doesn't make them any less coffee connoisseurs. Never thought I would see coffee shaming. :noway: :drinker:
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I have decided I won't give my coffee up so I just have to fit it in. I have 2 cups a day with Coffee mate French Vanilla Sugar free creamer in it. It's only 25 calories per 2 tablespoons and oh so good!
  • veggiegirl228
    veggiegirl228 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I recently began drinking coffee when I tried my SIL International Delight White Chocolate Mocha (yummy!).. So I'll drink coffee with that or French Vanilla. I'm trying other flavors to find other flavors I may like. I realized that I was putting 4 tbs (no sugar) to make it taste super yummy. I'm cutting back to 2 tbs enough to add flavor but not kill the calorie bank. Can't stand coffee flavor (Any I've tried) so I need flavor (not color).

Other flavors of creamer I've tried: Silk "soy" french vanilla, Bailey's Hazelnut, SF CoffeeMate Vanilla Nut, Half n Half with sugar. So far the above is the only flavors I've liked (FV/WCM).

I recently bought Seattle's Best Coffee (grounds/vanilla flavor) and it didn't help in terms of cutting back on the creamer I needed :(
    (it didn't taste like anything like vanilla).
  • strongmindstrongbody
    Options
    I usually like my coffee black, but sometimes (like lately) I want more flavor and will mix Swiss Miss mint hot cocoa with Ghirardelli white mocha. It's like sipping in a memory of Christmas. Calories aren't too bad at 220 calories.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I typically drink a dark roast with just whole milk.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    More coffee. And espresso :)

Mainly just sugar free flavor shots
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee with splash of vanilla unsweetened almond milk and a tbs of Truvia or I mix in a 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder. I have read a lot about bulletproof coffee, but have yet to try it.
  • BooBoo1264
    Options
    I used to put a ton of flavoured creamer in mine. I started to put less and less in. Now i drink it black.

So much better that way :D
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,805 Member
    Options
    My regular morning coffee is Columbian (the purple 'great value' brand from Wal-Mart is surprisingly very good). I add a splash of light cream and a couple of teaspoons of Splenda to my travel mug. That does it for me.
  • StephanieMM2013
    Options
    My favorite thing, albeit unhealthy, is to put about 1/3 cup of reddi whip on top of my black coffee. It melts as I sip it. I love it, and it makes me feel like I'm indulging. It's easy to fit into my macros/calories because its only 45 calories.

If I'm trying to eat a little cleaner, I'll have 2 Tablespoons of whole milk and some vanilla stevia. Still tasty!
  • MissFit2532
    MissFit2532 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I used to drink about 500 calories a day in coffee too and thought frappuccinos from Starbuck's counted as coffee. HA!
    I am still working my way down but I no longer use Coffee-Mate. Now I freeze my coffee into ice cubes and fill up a glass, add a packet of stevia, about 1/2 cup Silk Vanilla Coconut Milk, fill the rest with hot coffee and sprinkle cinnamon on top. Is it as sweet as the coffee we're normally used to? No. But it's still good and I focus on how many calories I'm cutting by having it that way. Hopefully you find something you enjoy.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    For each k-cup I always use 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (10 calories) and two international delight individual creamers (30 calories each, usually I mix two different flavors). My total cup comes to only 70 calories and tastes absolutely perfect to me :)
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I always get an iced coffee, unsweetened, with a bit of vanilla soymilk. It's creamy and flavored enough where I don't feel I need any additional sugar or other additives :)
  • missanguissette
    Options
    When I was doing Paleo, I used to use half and half with real sugar. It made it heavy and amazing, so i would work it into my calories.

Now I use FF milk and truvia, and I use sugar free flavoring syrups [hazelnut, almond roca, vanilla] and cinnamon.

I love 7-11's blueberry coffee, so I load that with half and half and sugar...
  • Annie120484
    Annie120484 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee every morning and it's such an important part of my day! I leave myself at least a half-hour to sit quietly with my coffee and read blogs or the news. It's relaxing. I have tried many combos to make my coffee yummy without a lot of calories. Lately, I've been doing a tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder (something organic) and a tsp or so of natural coconut sugar. It's sweet but not too sweet, and has a kind of buttery flavor; it's allegedly low-glycemic and full of nutrients as well, but the jury's probably out on that. I also add a tablespoon of organic half-and-half, because there's nothing better. Occasionally (usually in the summer) I'll buy a bottle of sugar-free syrup, chocolate or vanilla or whatever I'm in the mood for. I add a couple squirts of that plus a little half-and-half and some ice maybe, so good. I don't stress about 50 or 60 calories spent on my morning coffee. It makes me happy and starts my day off right, so it's worth it to me.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Almond milk ( 30 cals for 1 cup if you get unsweetened), pumkin spice, and a little sugar in the raw or stevia or agavia

Less than 60 call per mug

Also i love mochas so 1/2 tablespoon raw coco powder, 2 tablespoons sweetener of some kind, 1 cup almond milk

Less than 80
  • meeper123
    Options
    I drink coffee every morning and it's such an important part of my day! I leave myself at least a half-hour to sit quietly with my coffee and read blogs or the news. It's relaxing. I have tried many combos to make my coffee yummy without a lot of calories. Lately, I've been doing a tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder (something organic) and a tsp or so of natural coconut sugar. It's sweet but not too sweet, and has a kind of buttery flavor; it's allegedly low-glycemic and full of nutrients as well, but the jury's probably out on that. I also add a tablespoon of organic half-and-half, because there's nothing better. Occasionally (usually in the summer) I'll buy a bottle of sugar-free syrup, chocolate or vanilla or whatever I'm in the mood for. I add a couple squirts of that plus a little half-and-half and some ice maybe, so good. I don't stress about 50 or 60 calories spent on my morning coffee. It makes me happy and starts my day off right, so it's worth it to me.

Coconut sugar i will have to check that out
  • meeper123
    Options
    My favorite thing, albeit unhealthy, is to put about 1/3 cup of reddi whip on top of my black coffee. It melts as I sip it. I love it, and it makes me feel like I'm indulging. It's easy to fit into my macros/calories because its only 45 calories.

If I'm trying to eat a little cleaner, I'll have 2 Tablespoons of whole milk and some vanilla stevia. Still tasty!

Thats not THAT unhealthy really not compared to starbucks lol
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Here's what I do:

either 2 or 3 sugar packets and 2 or 3 half and half packets OR
    no sugar packets and International Delight flavored creamer (a good sized dolip) OR
    2 or 3 sugar packets and 3 or 4 non dairy creamer packets.

I only drink coffee at work, so the quality and flavor or the beans themselves depends on who makes what when I go scavenging. The flavored creamer with NO sugar is a taste I'm still trying to aquire, but it beats having the calories from the creamer AND the calories from the sugar. It also forces me to drink it slower, since I don't really care for it and am just using it for a midnight jolt to keep me from falling asleep at the desk. (I work nights.) :yawn:

It only adds up to somewhere near 40 calories, and I need my job, so I make sure I have room for it on work nights. Admittedly, I have "cheat" work nights. *shrug* :drinker:
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I love putting coffee mate in mine with one sweetner, Makes it all nice and creamy!!!

But at the moment I am saving them calories for food, So I am on black coffee or green tea....!!