COFFEE LOVERS!? What do you put in your coffee?

Options

Replies

• Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    espresso, milk (optional). end.

Add anything else and it is no longer coffee.

For the record though I do occasionally make an iced coffee (2 espresso shots, 200ml skim milk and unflavoured whey). It's not bad and I prefer it over most of the sweetened / flavoured protein powders.
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    From a coffee shop I love a hazelnut latte, but this morning I made my own hazelnut milk and tried it in my coffee... Omg amazing. It forms a think creamy layer on the top which you drink the coffee through, divine.
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Sugar and semi skimmed milk.
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Nothing! It's not acidic like so many other coffee's. I love it! www.SouthernColoradoCoffee.com
  • WanderingGypsySoul
    WanderingGypsySoul Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Coffee is my absolute choice of drug....There is nothing better than it!!! :)
  • WanderingGypsySoul
    WanderingGypsySoul Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I take my coffee the same way....Dunkin Donuts light with milk
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,967 Member
    Options
    In espresso, nothing, otherwise a tsp of sugar and some 1% milk.
  • gieshagirl
    gieshagirl Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    i recently got k-cups in my life and i love them! there are sooo many coffee with diffrent flavors that have no calories at all. some fresh grind when you buy....the best part is with the k-cup filter cup you can buy a sample from many diffrent flavors and see if you like them without spending a fortune
  • momtastic2014
    Options
    1tbs. Sugar free vanilla creamer.
    30cals
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'd say cut it out, either all at once or slowly and gradually. It will taste gross at first but you'll get used to it. That's how I cut out the sugar in my coffee.
  • jackieoquinn
    Options
    OK I have never posted here before just read what others write. However, I had to step out on this. I drink a ton of coffee, I don't do the flavors but I love it sweet. I use to use 3 heaping teaspoons of sugar in each cut. NO JOKE.

Then I experienced with artificial sweetners. Then heard all the side effects and I figured I would just cut back on coffee, but I loved it. So I decided to try the Stevia powders after all its all natural... YUCK what a horrible after taste.

One day at a resteraunt a friend pulls out this little bottle of liquid sweetner. I asked if I could try a little in my water. I didn't want my water sweetened I wanted to see if I could taste an after taste. I didn't! Instead I tasted the sweetest most delectiable sweetner ever. I was shocked to find out it was LIQUID STEVIA made by Stevia clear. I love this stuff. Use it all the time. I have recommended it to so many people. If you haven't tried Stevia Clear's liquid stevia I highly recommend it.

I have no connection to the company but wish I did. I'm a very satisfied customer.
  • bloggymomx
    Options
    I drink coffee nearly black. I use a little bit of coffee mate every once in a while but mostly it's just a tiny splash of half and half. If you like your coffee lighter I would say coffee mate or a low fat milk.
  • harley1nb
    Options
    I add a tbl of fat free sugar free hot cocoa mix. Sweet and creamy :)
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I love the International Delight and Bailey's brand flavored creamers (and Coffee Mate is what's at work, I like that enough too), so I have 2 tbsp in my coffee. I've tried weaning to black coffee, but I just can't give up my flavored creamers. It's only 50-70 calories for 2 tbsp. I can certainly make room in my day for that. :)
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I use heavy cream and no sugar. I used to use a big spoon of sugar (as in, a tablespoon sized spoon) but weaned myself off of it. I don't miss it now.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I'll be no help, I can't stand adulterated coffee. Add water to the grounds and drink (OK put it through a mokka first.
    This.
    I buy really high quality beans, grind them and brew them. Add just ice.
  • Shreddingit84
    Options
    1tbs of Awesome flavored creamer 1tbs=35cals and 1tbs of whip topping 1tbs=12cals
    Thats enough sweet for me!
  • jlneibauer
    Options
    Light cream, cinnamon, and pure organic honey :)
  • jt_alucard
    jt_alucard Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    only coffee adn water for me...I like it black and strong.
  • smand2000
    Options
    Gradually worked my way down to just a splash of skim (mud colored coffee for me!)

But a tablespooon of protein powder (chocolate or vanilla) mixed with milk and added to steaming mug is pretty sweet ...