30 Day Shred starting August 1, 2010

Options

Replies

• Tandksmommy10
    Options
    I have to wear a sports bra a few sizes smaller and then my regular bra underneath. I hate my boobs! I would like to get a reduction after I loose 70bls. With each child they just kept getting bigger and bigger blah! I am considering using duck tape to tie them down!

Does anyone else have bad knees that's try this shred? I just did it today and man all that jumping kills my knees my left knee has already started to swell. I also can't do the regular push up and because of my knees I can't do the girly push up either. So I just did the plank the whole time.

One more question I promise! I'm using the exercise on Demand for it. But I keep hearing people talk about levels. Are they talking about some of the moves being modified or are there 3 different levels and I am just seeing the first level on demand?

Boobs- I'm a DD and sometimes even sports bras don't hold these puppies down. I can't wait to get a reduction!

Knees- I've had knee surgery 3 times on the same knee. I have a huge ugly 6 inch scar down the center, so I have a hard time doing the push-ups too. The squats were killers on the knee and I limped around the next day because of that- not the actual muscles hurting.

Levels- there are 3 different levels. 10 days for each level, to get the 30 days. They add new moves in the next levels.
  • AMOMONAJOURNEYTOCHANGEHERLIFE
    Options
    I think the Demand channel just has level one so I bought the DVD today.

Yeah I can relate to a large chest. I'm a 38 F

I would love to hear of someone with a large chest that has a good sports bra. I would spend a ton of money just for one that held them in place. When I was in highschool I actually broke a few bras in gym class. God I hated gym class!
  • sjd2010
    sjd2010 Posts: 106
    Options
    Good news (for me): I weighed myself Friday morning before I left town and I lost 1.5 lbs for the first week on the 30DS :happy: Although, after the crap I ate while on this short trip, I will have to double my excersises in order to show no gain this week.:noway:

I hope everyone does well on their weigh ins.:drinker:
  • MFT2010
    MFT2010 Posts: 122
    Options
    what day are we weighing in?
  • carezzz
    carezzz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A bit late to the party but I finally did my day 1 (L1) of this yesterday! Extremely sore all over today, I don't think I did enough stretching and cool down afterwards yesterday...

Feeling motivated to do Day 2 today though! We'll see how it goes...!

I love reading about everyone's progress - it sure is a great motivator!
  • MFT2010
    Options
    So I was going to take today off.. but I am having a hard time .. b/c normally when I start something I never follow thorough.. typically I will do something 2-3 times take a day off and not go back to it AT ALL! So I have 6 days under my belt and am nervous if I don't workout today, I'm not going to start back tomorrow... any advice out there? I'm not that sore, if that makes any difference?

Thanks!
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    starting over? bad week last week. actually got my butt out of bed early and did the Shred before work, I've never worked out in the morning before! had a little time left over and read my bible before I had to leave. great way to start the day!! totally motivated to do this now! :)
  • sarwood1
    sarwood1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey, all! Hope everyone is doing well with the 30DS. I love it! I am on D24 and I have lost 12 pounds. So keep up the hard work.

Just a suggestion for the ppl having a hard time with the push-ups. I have lots of trouble with my knees and when I first started 30DS I could not do one push-up. I found this website/challenge and it helped. http://hundredpushups.com/what.html
    It explains several different modications you can do to work your way up to the traditional push-up. I started with the wall push up and now I am doing the knee push-ups.

Good luck to everybody! And happy excercising!:flowerforyou:
  • courtneysmith3212
    Options
    So I did my shred today Day 6.. I really had to MAKE myself put the dvd on and do it.. I wasn't sore.. as I took the weekend off.. just didn't want to do it.. but From last Sunday I have lost 2 pounds!!! Well that is what the scale says anyway.. LOL.. so, from now on I am going to be weighing myself on Sunday, and that is the only weigh in that will matter to me.. the only weight I wwill record.. (I am constantly weighing myself throughout the week.. and it has gotten me very frustrated) but I have realized that I am going to fluctuate during the week.. that is why I am only going to let that one number on Sunday count... So here is to the this next week.. its going to be another painful one... but I can do it! I know I can! Oh, and I think I will be ready for level 2 after this week is done... How are all of you doing today?
  • JessikaJ
    JessikaJ Posts: 43
    Options
    Glad I found this post...

My fiance and I started the 30 day shred July 29th.. so our workout tonight will be day 12.. we have stuck with and and done it everyday so far. We decided to split it up into 10 day increments so we started Level 2 yesterday.. and it definitely kicked our *kitten*!! I am loving this workout so far... havnt really seen a change on the scale but am feeling more toned. I wish i would have taken measurements when i started... think it would be silly to start my measurements now?
  • 25daniow
    25daniow Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    So I have been keeping up with level 1 of 30 day shred and decided to change it up and do Jillian's "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism" video over the weekend. I did it on Saturday and again this morning and I'm telling you....I KNOW I worked out. I love her videos because you truly feel like you have pushed yourself and worked as hard as you can. I was so proud this morning because I was able to get through all but the second set of the 7th interval. This is huge progress for me and I can tell I'm building up my stamina. I lost two lbs. last week and hopefully will keep dropping as long as I keep up these workouts! I'm going to try to move to level 2 this week of the "Shred" and see how that goes. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you like....I will take all the support I can get:) Keep up the great work and keep on shreddin'!!!!
  • sjd2010
    sjd2010 Posts: 106
    Options
    Well, I got my lazy rear out of bed early today to do the Shred :bigsmile: . It really does help get my day started! Welcome to all the newbies to this post. We all can use support and encouragement. :drinker:
  • reesegirl521
    Options
    So I slacked on Jillian over the weekend but I did hit the gym Sunday. I just didn't do the 30DS. I got back into the swing of things this morning. She says after 5-7 days you should feel your endurance building up...I'm thinking, yes a little but this is still rough!!
    Options
    So I just can't seem to make myself do this today. It's so freakin hot in! I think I am just going to hit the gym when my husband comes home. This humid air just doesn't work for Asthma at all.
  • JustBeckyV
    JustBeckyV Posts: 182
    Options
    I tried this about 6 months ago and man it about killed me lol I haven't tried it again since reaching my goal weight. I love Jillian's Yoga Meltdown though!!
  • MFT2010
    Options
    Day 9 down... I will be so excited to finish LEVEL ONE tomorrow... I'm really sick of the work out ... but I can definitely tell a difference in how I feel.. and I have been able to bump up from 3 lb. to 5 lb. weight... I feel stronger for sure!

I have NEVER worked out 9 out of 10 days in my life... I didn't ever think I could/would do it ... but I have and SO CAN YOU!

Do it for you! :drinker:
  • sarwood1
    sarwood1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Day 9 down... I will be so excited to finish LEVEL ONE tomorrow... I'm really sick of the work out ... but I can definitely tell a difference in how I feel.. and I have been able to bump up from 3 lb. to 5 lb. weight... I feel stronger for sure!

I have NEVER worked out 9 out of 10 days in my life... I didn't ever think I could/would do it ... but I have and SO CAN YOU!

Do it for you! :drinker:

Awesome job on the consecutive workouts! Keep it up!
    Options
    Congrats MFT2010 on sticking with it. I need to find that strength!
  • MFT2010
    Options
    Starrenight22- first i love your screen name and second thanks for the encouragement, you can do it too :)

Sarwood1-thanks for the support...

having the accountability to all of you is what has helped me stay dedicated ... oh and my wedding on October 2nd has kicked my butt in gear too...lol
  • MFT2010
    Options
    LEVEL 1 ... CHECK!