30 Day Shred starting August 1, 2010

Options

Replies

• shelle2010
    Options
    thanks so much.... it sounds like a pretty good workout im excited to get it and try it out
  • courtneysmith3212
    Options
    Hi! Do you all mind if I join this thread? I started the Shred August 1st, too, and have only taken one day off due to a surprise visit to the ER. I started a thread and there are some awesome people in it. Talking to others about the workout and our small successes has really motivated me, so I figured being a part of two threads could inspire me even more!

Ya seriously the more the merrier! Anyone can join.. I love the support!
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks! :)
    I just finished L2D6, so pumped to be on the downhill side of things. I've been really excited about these new abs I've been developing thanks to the Shred, and last night, Boyfriend finally says, "woah you do have some serious abs now" to which I replied, "thats what ive been trying to telll yooouuuuu" haha. I'm really happy to see the results i've gotten after the first sixteen days, and cant wait to see what the rest of the 30 days will bring!
    Now to complain: I HATE PLANK JACKS. and squat thrusts. and those stupid chair squats because they make me unable to breathe. And Jillian Michaels is CRAZY if she thinks im going to do a double jump rope. Yeah. Right.
  • reesegirl521
    Options
    So I've been away from home...sheesh I don't realize how often that happens to me until I get here and start typing!! So I have hit the gym but have missed Jillian *did I just say I missed her?!?!* The scale had been going my way but after taking the kids to a fair...I'm afraid to step back on it!! ;-) Best of luck fellow shredders!
  • courtneysmith3212
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks! :)
    I just finished L2D6, so pumped to be on the downhill side of things. I've been really excited about these new abs I've been developing thanks to the Shred, and last night, Boyfriend finally says, "woah you do have some serious abs now" to which I replied, "thats what ive been trying to telll yooouuuuu" haha. I'm really happy to see the results i've gotten after the first sixteen days, and cant wait to see what the rest of the 30 days will bring!
    Now to complain: I HATE PLANK JACKS. and squat thrusts. and those stupid chair squats because they make me unable to breathe. And Jillian Michaels is CRAZY if she thinks im going to do a double jump rope. Yeah. Right.

Ha ha.. I love it it!! I pretty much hate all the plank stuff she does.. and your right double jump rope.. its hard.. I am only on day 3 which I haven't done yet.. but I will.. I am feeling my clothes not so tight and it feels awesome!! Good for you on your abs.. can't wait to continue to get rid of more of my flab to see some abs of mine.. (hopefully)
  • courtneysmith3212
    Options
    So I've been away from home...sheesh I don't realize how often that happens to me until I get here and start typing!! So I have hit the gym but have missed Jillian *did I just say I missed her?!?!* The scale had been going my way but after taking the kids to a fair...I'm afraid to step back on it!! ;-) Best of luck fellow shredders!

I am kinda nervous as I am going on a mini vacation leaving Friday morning.. (of course I HAVE to do my shred before we go..) but ya.. no scales.. no weighing in.. how is that going to be.. maybe good for me.. as I think sometimes I am getting a little obsessive... I am still pretty sore from day 1 and 2 of level 2.. hopefully I can get my muscles to just work it out and feel better..LOL.. ever since I started the shred my calve muscles they hurt like a mother the first 3 days I think.. and since then they don't burn anymore.. it feels like they are pure muscle.. even when I am not flexing... like I worked off all the fat... probably not but kinda nice to think about.. anyway good luck get back on that scale.. and just do it!
  • courtneysmith3212
    Options
    GOsh I feel almost annoying posting so much.. I just feel I have so much to express! I finished day 3 of level 2 and I just feel like I am now going through the motions.. I find it really still really hard..but trying to stay strong.. I am kinda mixing it up with doing a little bit more of the advanced moves with some of the beginner moves... I don't know anyway.. its nice to kinda switch it up.. but yeah.. anyone else can you do the advanced moves yet?
  • sngnyrslp
    Options
    GOsh I feel almost annoying posting so much.. I just feel I have so much to express! I finished day 3 of level 2 and I just feel like I am now going through the motions.. I find it really still really hard..but trying to stay strong.. I am kinda mixing it up with doing a little bit more of the advanced moves with some of the beginner moves... I don't know anyway.. its nice to kinda switch it up.. but yeah.. anyone else can you do the advanced moves yet?

Keep posting! It gives me something to read while I'm at work haha.
    With level one, I did almost everything (except push ups I think) with Natalie. Level 2 is not as easy though! I try my best to stick with Natalie but, a lot of the time, I'm doing things in between. I'm not doing the modified versions like Anita, but I'm not going as crazy as Natalie. This is especially true for me with the first squats (the static ones) and chair squats. I've also been half-assing it a little on the skaters because I usually can't breathe by then. The only thing I definitively stick with Anita on, I think, is jumping rope. I'm trying to work a little harder every day at doing the moves just like Natalie.
    I do feel like I'm kind of going through the motions, too. Especially because I haven't really gotten sore since after L2D1. But I'm seeing results regardless and that's what's motivating me - the workout is definitely working! Level 2 doesn't hold my attention as well as Level 1 though, so I'm looking forward to moving on to Level 3. Some days it's tough to convince myself to Shred, but I just try to focus on how great I'm going to feel for completing it. We'll be able to brag to our friends about how we survived Jillian Michaels. There should be a tee-shirt! "I survived the 30 Day Shred and all I got was this totally hot bod!"
    I'd buy one! :laugh:
  • MFT2010
    MFT2010 Posts: 122
    Options
    Sngnyrsip and courtneysmith32 I'm with you both!!!! I feel really BLAH....right now... not Level 2 at this point has discouraged me... dunno why... I'm like ya'll and not able/not pushing my self to do all of the stuff... AND the most annoying part is that I have hardwood floors where I work out and a rug... well the rug is constantly moving when I am doing plank stuff...SOOOO ANNOYING... move the rug you might suggest... but its nasty under it...lol

thanks for ya'll honest it really helps me :)

KEEP GOING! IT'S WORKING (ok that was for me to hear!)
  • Brady_
    Brady_ Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Heyy so i was wondering how you guys do it? because i can do a full 30 day shred like the first section of it fine, but then the next day i cant do anythinggg.. so i quit becasue i dont want to have to take 2-3 days off of working out because im so sore.. so its like i really wanna do the shred and what not but how do you guys overcome the sore-ness so your able to continue EVERYday? i keep post poning it because i know if ill do it im gonn abe hating life the next day and not gonn abe able to go running or anything..any thoughts? suggestions?
  • courtneysmith3212
    Options
    Heyy so i was wondering how you guys do it? because i can do a full 30 day shred like the first section of it fine, but then the next day i cant do anythinggg.. so i quit becasue i dont want to have to take 2-3 days off of working out because im so sore.. so its like i really wanna do the shred and what not but how do you guys overcome the sore-ness so your able to continue EVERYday? i keep post poning it because i know if ill do it im gonn abe hating life the next day and not gonn abe able to go running or anything..any thoughts? suggestions?

Seroiusly... its freakin'n hard, I am not going to lie.. I hurt the first 3 days of the shred REAL bad!! I think the support from others helped me through it... and it does get easier every day.. I just think take my anger and pain and frustration out on Jillian and prove to her you can do it... thats what I kinda do.. I literally hurt to walk for a few days but I kept with it and now my calves are so strong... well they feel that way anyway.. they don't hurt at all.. I also really really am dying to lose weight and see results... now I HAVE to do it everyday... its 20 little minutes I can push through,... you just have to push yourself.. IF I CAN DO IT ANYONE CAN!!!
  • courtneysmith3212
    Options
    Sngnyrsip and courtneysmith32 I'm with you both!!!! I feel really BLAH....right now... not Level 2 at this point has discouraged me... dunno why... I'm like ya'll and not able/not pushing my self to do all of the stuff... AND the most annoying part is that I have hardwood floors where I work out and a rug... well the rug is constantly moving when I am doing plank stuff...SOOOO ANNOYING... move the rug you might suggest... but its nasty under it...lol

thanks for ya'll honest it really helps me :)

KEEP GOING! IT'S WORKING (ok that was for me to hear!)

ha ha.. wood floors here too they suck... I have a rug too and I bought a mat thinnking it would help.. nope, I just push the mat and rug up into a bunch.. annoying!! keep going its kinda like we are half way there...
  • courtneysmith3212
    Options

Keep posting! It gives me something to read while I'm at work haha.
    With level one, I did almost everything (except push ups I think) with Natalie. Level 2 is not as easy though! I try my best to stick with Natalie but, a lot of the time, I'm doing things in between. I'm not doing the modified versions like Anita, but I'm not going as crazy as Natalie. This is especially true for me with the first squats (the static ones) and chair squats. I've also been half-assing it a little on the skaters because I usually can't breathe by then. The only thing I definitively stick with Anita on, I think, is jumping rope. I'm trying to work a little harder every day at doing the moves just like Natalie.
    I do feel like I'm kind of going through the motions, too. Especially because I haven't really gotten sore since after L2D1. But I'm seeing results regardless and that's what's motivating me - the workout is definitely working! Level 2 doesn't hold my attention as well as Level 1 though, so I'm looking forward to moving on to Level 3. Some days it's tough to convince myself to Shred, but I just try to focus on how great I'm going to feel for completing it. We'll be able to brag to our friends about how we survived Jillian Michaels. There should be a tee-shirt! "I survived the 30 Day Shred and all I got was this totally hot bod!"
    I'd buy one! :laugh:

okay I would totally buy that t-shirt too.. hmmm maybe Ican make my own...
  • smilingslatka
    Options
    I just got my DVD today and have already tried it out this evening. I find level one hard enough for me for now, don't even know when I'll switch to level two. I hope I 'll stick to it for 30 days to see the result.
  • sngnyrslp
    Options
    okay I would totally buy that t-shirt too.. hmmm maybe Ican make my own...

haha I was thinking the same thing!!

finished Day 7 about half an hour ago and i feel GREAT! I managed to get through the whole thing without taking any breaks, and boy did I feel it! Looking forward to tomorrow :)
    Keep up the great work everyone!
  • courtneysmith3212
    Options
    I just got my DVD today and have already tried it out this evening. I find level one hard enough for me for now, don't even know when I'll switch to level two. I hope I 'll stick to it for 30 days to see the result.

Trust me!! You will love yourself so much more if you just stick to it.. I know its hard.. and its going to be SO SO SO SO HARD tomorrow when you hurt.. and the next day!! But.. you will get stronger and feel so much better... I promise.. just stick to it.. I know you can do it!!! I started on a Monday and did level 1 starting that Monday ending that Friday and started again with level 1 that following Monday to the next Friday.. So I just take Saturday and Sunday off.... I don't know for sure how your going to do it.. but I know it will be so hard.. just stay strong and turn to us when you need motivation.. we will be here!!
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I laid in bed last night, psyching myself to get up early this morning with my hate-on for Jillian. (Nothing personal, Jillian!) I couldn't find my hand weights though, so I did it without them (thank goodness!)... Even with 6 months of pilates/yoga and 6 weeks of running, JM can still kick my *kitten*. I have to admit though that it wasn't as bad as the first time through a year ago. I could at least *do* most of the exercises - usually somewhere between Anita and Natalie (other than pushups, which were Anita all the way, plus I 'missed' a few reps)... With everything else I'm doing right now, my goal is to Shred 3 times a week - I just can't see myself running and shredding in the same day. Today will be bad enough: Shred in the am, walk at lunch, and Pilates at night...

I can't decide what I hate more jumping jacks or pushups... My favorite part (other than the end) was the ab section: a) I get to lay down :tongue: and b) the 6 months of core work must be paying off because it didn't seem all that bad.

sngnyrslp - Nice that bf is finally noticing your hard work. Plank Jacks?! You're scaring me. That sounds like my two most hated exercises coming together to form my own personal hell. :laugh:

courtney - I love reading your posts. Keep 'em coming!

L1D1

PS. How do you guys log your workouts in the Exercise section?
  • sngnyrslp
    Options
    I laid in bed last night, psyching myself to get up early this morning with my hate-on for Jillian. (Nothing personal, Jillian!) I couldn't find my hand weights though, so I did it without them (thank goodness!)... Even with 6 months of pilates/yoga and 6 weeks of running, JM can still kick my *kitten*. I have to admit though that it wasn't as bad as the first time through a year ago. I could at least *do* most of the exercises - usually somewhere between Anita and Natalie (other than pushups, which were Anita all the way, plus I 'missed' a few reps)... With everything else I'm doing right now, my goal is to Shred 3 times a week - I just can't see myself running and shredding in the same day. Today will be bad enough: Shred in the am, walk at lunch, and Pilates at night...

I can't decide what I hate more jumping jacks or pushups... My favorite part (other than the end) was the ab section: a) I get to lay down :tongue: and b) the 6 months of core work must be paying off because it didn't seem all that bad.

sngnyrslp - Nice that bf is finally noticing your hard work. Plank Jacks?! You're scaring me. That sounds like my two most hated exercises coming together to form my own personal hell. :laugh:

courtney - I love reading your posts. Keep 'em coming!

L1D1

PS. How do you guys log your workouts in the Exercise section?

Haha as I was reading the part of your post about hating jumping jacks and pushups I was thinking the same thing about the plank jacks. It's weird though, because they feel a lot more like a strength training exercise than a cadio one to me. I'm not really out of breath when I finish them, but my legs are KILLING me every time.
    Most people log the Shred as Circuit Training. I only make it 18 minutes instead of the full 22 because I don't feel like I'm burning any calories during warm up and cool down.
  • smilingslatka
    Options
    Trust me!! You will love yourself so much more if you just stick to it.. I know its hard.. and its going to be SO SO SO SO HARD tomorrow when you hurt.. and the next day!! But.. you will get stronger and feel so much better... I promise.. just stick to it.. I know you can do it!!! I started on a Monday and did level 1 starting that Monday ending that Friday and started again with level 1 that following Monday to the next Friday.. So I just take Saturday and Sunday off.... I don't know for sure how your going to do it.. but I know it will be so hard.. just stay strong and turn to us when you need motivation.. we will be here!!
    Thanks! I don't ache as much as I though I would. May be because I've already been doing aqua-aerobics. I feel my muscles the most in my upper body (my arms are the weakest) and a bit in my legs. But my abs I don't feel at all, I usually do much more crunches everyday, then it was on level one. Although I did have to have a break during my work out. I'll try and stick to it. I probably won't be able to do it tomorrow and after tomorrow. I ca only do it in the evening and I am going out on these days. I have measured myself today, to see what result I can get in a month time.
  • smilingslatka
    Options
    By the way, how do you log this work out into your diary? Do you just put it down as aerobics?