30 Day Shred starting August 1, 2010

Options

Replies

• angrypanda
    angrypanda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit late joining this thread, but I just completed day 6 (with one day off) of level one of the 30DS. I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as me. I will preface this by saying I was in reasonable shape before starting. Exercising 6 days a week with running, hiking, or biking. I have very muscular legs and rarely have any problems with sore leg muscles.

My calves have been so tense for days now. I thought it was just sore muscles after the first couple times, but now it's not going away and one of my calves literally feels tight all the time. I do cardio everyday along with the Shred workout--running or biking. I'm starting to get worried because I've never had muscle problems outside of being sore for a couple of days like this. When I get up in the mornings, my legs feel okay for the most part, but by afternoon after I've finished the Shred, that ache in my calves comes back. Anyone else experience this? Will the pain ever go away? ARRGGGGH...Darn you, Jillian....
  • courtneysmith3212
    Options
    Hey everyone I am back! LOL its been a rough two days for me..BUT I didn't quit my 30 day shred.. I did it yesterday and today.. Yesterday I was able to do some Wii Fit along with the shred and today I was just only able to do the shred.. My little girl is in swimming lessons and so I have to wake up extra early and get the kids all ready workout.. feed my baby.. workout again..and take a shower get kids dress get myself dressed.. thankfully her swimming lessons end tomorrow, so I can go back to a more agressive schedule where I can burn more calories.. As for the shred.. I am so ready to move on.. I am still winded by the end of the workout, but I am not feeling the burn anymore... so I think after this week I will definately be ready..but then on Monday I will probably be re-thinking going onto the next level.. LOL.. how is everyong out there doing? I am so proud of you all that have continued on with this and been by my side to keep me going.. Like some have said, you guys are my motivation and that is what keep me focused on getting this done.. Keep up the good work.. oh and also about your calves hurting... I am not sure if its just the workout or what..but my calves hurt so bad to even walk the first few days of the 30 day shred.. so I am not too sure...
  • courtneysmith3212
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • AMOMONAJOURNEYTOCHANGEHERLIFE
    Options
    MFT2010 Thanks I've used it for the screen name a lot of places for many years. I love partylite and it was my favorite peice that they used to have. Plus the cool painting by Vincent van Gogh.

Congrats on moving up a level.

Angrypanda When my muscles get like that I have my husband massage me. Maybe try soaking in a hot bath and gentlemanly massage your calves.

Everyone is so inspiring! I have been walking. I just couldn't function in this humidity for the shred the last few days. I'm going to do it today as it's lowered a bit today!
  • reesegirl521
    Options
    Hit level 2 today. Whew that's a step up! Those plank moves are killer!! Hopefully a couple more days of it and I'll get in the hang of it!! Congrats to everyone for keeping it up!
  • courtneysmith3212
    Options
    One day left of level 1!!! I am so ready for a change...but as I was doing the last ab workout.. what is it bicycles?? I was thinking to myself.. man, what is going to be next.. now I am nervous... but I am ready to feel the bad burn again.. I love it!! I can't wait for this weekend too!! Next week is going to be an awesome week for me to work out!! I can't wait.. congrats on those who have moved to level 2.. does it kick ya back down to level 1?? (like you want to go back to level 1) Man.. I just feel the energy today.. I feel great!!
  • MFT2010
    MFT2010 Posts: 122
    Options
    I like level 2 way better... my knees are bad so I couldn't do some of the level 1 stuff... level 2 seems to be more upper body...which is more what I need...

it's a nice change of pace but she kicked my *kitten* in a good way :bigsmile:
  • courtneysmith3212
    Options
    I like level 2 way better... my knees are bad so I couldn't do some of the level 1 stuff... level 2 seems to be more upper body...which is more what I need...

it's a nice change of pace but she kicked my *kitten* in a good way :bigsmile:

Awesome! I can't wait to start level 2 on Monday!! I am so glad to be finished with Level 1.. I actually got my ipod and listened to some music instead of listening to Jillians voice, it was great!!
  • MFT2010
    Options
    CONFESSION: LEVEL 2 KICKED MY BUTT TODAY.... WHOA!:frown: I am sore from yesterday when I used 5 lb. weights... today I dropped back down to 3 lb. WHOA!
  • courtneysmith3212
    Options
    weighing in.. at a proud 197.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MFT2010
    Options
    weighing in.. at a proud 197.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!
  • reesegirl521
    Options
    On Level 2...phew butt kicker there. Hit 164 on the scale! Yea! And though I don't do it on the weekend, I did hit the gym for a cardio session yesterday, rest day today...but I did Jillian all 5 weekdays this week. So back at it tomorrow!
  • courtneysmith3212
    Options
    I am feeling great today.. I did my level 2 shred day 1.. and it really kicked my butt.. I also added my Taebo for 43 minutes and 33 minutes of Wii.. crazy right?? ya I know..but I feel awesome!! I got so many compliments yesterday with how good I look.. made me fee amazing!! and I can fit in my pre-pregnancy jeans again!! Yay!! I am so happy.. and the weight keeps coming off.. even better.. I love this feeling!
  • reesegirl521
    Options
    So little man was up before me today so I missed the opportunity to hit the gym this AM that means I have to go at 9pm...should be okay though because it's my Jillian + Cardio day so i can at least watch some prime time tv while I run!! lol. Good luck to everyone this week!!
  • courtneysmith3212
    Options
    Level 2 Day 2 COMPLETE! Wow.. I am feeling it today.. I am so weak, I couldn't even add my other workout thats how weak my body is... my hubby said to take a rest... he is my personal trainer..LOL.. so I guess I need to take his advice and try again tomorrow...

I think some of us Shredders have dropped off... Hey guys its okay if you haven't done it every day.. I want to hear struggles as well as successes.. so that we can all relate that its okay to get off the wagon.. we are here for you to get back on and start over.. its all good.. keep motivated...
  • shelle2010
    Options
    I must be a newbie lol...where can i get the 30DS and are the diffent levels all on one dvd or are there 3 dvds?
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading all your posts !! I tried the 30DS over a year ago, Jillian totally kicked my *kitten* :sad: , and I gave up after a few days :noway: (or maybe it was only 1 day?! :ohwell: )... It's funny that last night, while laying in bed, I started thinking 'hmm, maybe I should dig out my Jillian video and try it again'. And now I've found this thread... Maybe it was meant to be. Are you accepting new recruits?! :laugh:

I have been on auto-pilot for a while, but have been getting more focused over the last month or two. I am currently doing Week 5 of the C25k running program - my run days are Mon / Wed / Sat. I also do Pilates or BodyFLOW a few times a week (usually Tues / Thurs, and sometimes Sat). Plus, I also try to walk for 45 minutes at lunch 3-4 times a week. Somebody tell me, when the hell am I going to fit in JM30DS? And EVERY day?! I don't know how you ladies do it!

MFT - enjoy the pre-wedding health attack! There's nothing more motivating than thinking of wearing that dress on your big day! I dropped down to 130 for my wedding, but then made the mistake of thinking 'ok, wedding's over - I can eat what I want, and don't have to exercise anymore'. That was 7 years, 2 babies, and 25 pounds ago. Now I'm fighting to get back into shape, and wishing I had a huge goal like the wedding to keep me motivated. My advice: Be sure to keep it up after the wedding!
  • courtneysmith3212
    Options
    I must be a newbie lol...where can i get the 30DS and are the diffent levels all on one dvd or are there 3 dvds?

Target or Walmart for like 10 bucks.. and yes the 3 levels are all on the same dvd.. welcome!
  • courtneysmith3212
    Options
    I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading all your posts !! I tried the 30DS over a year ago, Jillian totally kicked my *kitten* :sad: , and I gave up after a few days :noway: (or maybe it was only 1 day?! :ohwell: )... It's funny that last night, while laying in bed, I started thinking 'hmm, maybe I should dig out my Jillian video and try it again'. And now I've found this thread... Maybe it was meant to be. Are you accepting new recruits?! :laugh:

I have been on auto-pilot for a while, but have been getting more focused over the last month or two. I am currently doing Week 5 of the C25k running program - my run days are Mon / Wed / Sat. I also do Pilates or BodyFLOW a few times a week (usually Tues / Thurs, and sometimes Sat). Plus, I also try to walk for 45 minutes at lunch 3-4 times a week. Somebody tell me, when the hell am I going to fit in JM30DS? And EVERY day?! I don't know how you ladies do it!

MFT - enjoy the pre-wedding health attack! There's nothing more motivating than thinking of wearing that dress on your big day! I dropped down to 130 for my wedding, but then made the mistake of thinking 'ok, wedding's over - I can eat what I want, and don't have to exercise anymore'. That was 7 years, 2 babies, and 25 pounds ago. Now I'm fighting to get back into shape, and wishing I had a huge goal like the wedding to keep me motivated. My advice: Be sure to keep it up after the wedding!

Of course we are always looking for new recruits!!! Come aboard!! If you can fit it in your busy schedule!! You do quite a bit!! Remember it is only 20 min. and it really does go by very fast!! Just keep at it and these ladies are very motivating... its fun to think that we are all suffering together!!
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi! Do you all mind if I join this thread? I started the Shred August 1st, too, and have only taken one day off due to a surprise visit to the ER. I started a thread and there are some awesome people in it. Talking to others about the workout and our small successes has really motivated me, so I figured being a part of two threads could inspire me even more!