I Ate 1500cals at Once Last Night - WTH?

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Maybe she just doesn't want the judgey people that like to curse at others for their mishaps to jump all over her little mishap.'

That would explain a thread announcing to the forum at large "I ate 1500 calories last night!"
  • Iron_Pheonix
    Iron_Pheonix Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I don't lose any weight. My body is stuck between 150-155lbs so i just eat right and lift heavy. See what happens.

Tbh I feel for you, my mother is a diabetic and it's very hard for her to balence her meals. I think you have had some good advice so far about being more prepared. You know yourself that getting that low isn't good for your body and that alone will prevent you from losing weight. My only suggestion to add is that you look at the types of foods your eating, you eat a lot of sugar (In my opinion) and if I ate like that (as a non diabetic) my blood sugar would be all over the place. I'd be more than happy to help if you PM me.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options

]

Not logging on MFP =/= not being honest with oneself. Her diary is open to the public. Maybe she just doesn't want the judgey people that like to curse at others for their mishaps to jump all over her little mishap.'

She clearly IS been honest. She posted the calories and a post about the binge. What difference does it make which foods she ate?

if someone does not want anyone to judge your food diary, set it to PRIVATE. problem solved.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I don't lose any weight. My body is stuck between 150-155lbs so i just eat right and lift heavy. See what happens.

Tbh I feel for you, my mother is a diabetic and it's very hard for her to balence her meals. I think you have had some good advice so far about being more prepared. You know yourself that getting that low isn't good for your body and that alone will prevent you from losing weight. My only suggestion to add is that you look at the types of foods your eating, you eat a lot of sugar (In my opinion) and if I ate like that (as a non diabetic) my blood sugar would be all over the place. I'd be more than happy to help if you PM me.

so u think 150g of carbs a day is alot of sugar? WOW!
  • Iron_Pheonix
    Iron_Pheonix Posts: 191 Member
    Options

60g of sugar in a day, yes I consider that to be a lot. It's not the amount of carbs your eating. It's the type of carbs. I'm not saying it to be critical, I'm merely trying to help.

Edit: I took another look at it, your food choices aren't that bad. It's the condiments that are pushing the sugar consumption. If you cut the ketchup, sweet chilli sauce, BBQ sauce, cranberry sauce etc then your sugar consumption would be much improved without too much of an effect on the actual quantity of food.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    OP Type 2 Diabetic here; I have bouts with low blood sugar (I have it pretty much regulated now but still have occasional lows) so I know the onset of the symptoms after dealing with it for so long and I seen a couple other people mention it on this thread with no response from you.... I carry Glucose tablets on my person pretty much 24/7... I have them by the bed, in the both cars, in the kitchen, by my recliner, etc and in my pocket. I can pretty much tell (from monitoring my BS) that when I get around 30-40 range, I can sense it coming on and will take 3-4 glucose tablets and wait 5 minutes or so and see how I am feeling, and normally I come back up enough to get myself to the kitchen or someplace to get a small meal/decent snack in me and I don't go overboard with my consumption, at that point I have my wits about me and still make smart choices... Have you ever used the tablets before???
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    OP Type 2 Diabetic here; I have bouts with low blood sugar (I have it pretty much regulated now but still have occasional lows) so I know the onset of the symptoms after dealing with it for so long and I seen a couple other people mention it on this thread with no response from you.... I carry Glucose tablets on my person pretty much 24/7... I have them by the bed, in the both cars, in the kitchen, by my recliner, etc and in my pocket. I can pretty much tell (from monitoring my BS) that when I get around 30-40 range, I can sense it coming on and will take 3-4 glucose tablets and wait 5 minutes or so and see how I am feeling, and normally I come back up enough to get myself to the kitchen or someplace to get a small meal/decent snack in me and I don't go overboard with my consumption, at that point I have my wits about me and still make smart choices... Have you ever used the tablets before???

Yes, i have some somewhere. just never think of them........
  • SwellyStyles
    Options
    I eat around 1,000 or more every night as my last snack before bed because I'm pretty busy during the day, I wouldn't worry about it too much, just put yourself in a defecit for a few days to catch up if you go that far over. At least once a week I go over my total calories by around 1,000 I just make up for it on other days.
  • NonnyMary
    Options
    Do you who have diabetes think that having a cavalier & casual attitude about their insulin is playing with their very life?
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    Do you who have diabetes think that having a cavalier & casual attitude about their insulin is playing with their very life?

What are you talking about?
  • NonnyMary
    Options

I'm talking about what I think is even more serious of a health issue than the OP is concerned about.. if a person does not do their insulin properly, they could have serious health problems, like do they pass out or something serious like that? Seems like the OP is kinda casual about it, and playing around with a serious health issue that needs daily proper attention as she was told by her doctor.
  • NonnyMary
    Options
    OP, are you aware of something called "insulin shock?".

I dont understand how someone with alleged diabetes would not know such things nor know what to do to prevent it as a usual daily thing??? unless maybe someone is making up stories about the whole thing about being diabetic?

its nothing to play with from what i understand about it.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options

I'm talking about what I think is even more serious of a health issue than the OP is concerned about.. if a person does not do their insulin properly, they could have serious health problems, like do they pass out or something serious like that? Seems like the OP is kinda casual about it, and playing around with a serious health issue that needs daily proper attention as she was told by her doctor.
    No, not at all. I take this disease seriously everyday. Yes it sucks but yes i do it. No passing out happens. I'm in the works of correcting the low that happens in the afternoons lately. Things change day by day and im constantly adjusting insulin to make up for the changes. It's called trial and error and error is bound to happen. Just like yesterday! But i should have been prepared with a juice box or glucose in my purse - irresponsible on my behalf.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options

I dont understand how someone with alleged diabetes would not know such things nor know what to do to prevent it as a usual daily thing??? unless maybe someone is making up stories about the whole thing about being diabetic?

Lol, omg! Can't believe you would think that.
  • NonnyMary
    Options

No, not at all. I take this disease seriously everyday. Yes it sucks but yes i do it. No passing out happens. I'm in the works of correcting the low that happens in the afternoons lately. Things change day by day and im constantly adjusting insulin to make up for the changes. It's called trial and error and error is bound to happen. Just like yesterday! But i should have been prepared with a juice box or glucose in my purse - irresponsible on my behalf.

Ok, but it could cost you your health, seriously... are you even concerned about that? its life or death. or at least what i understand about diabetes.
  • NonnyMary
    Options

Lol, omg! Can't believe you would think that.

because logically, if i had a health condition that was serious and had to watch my insulin (various times per day is it?) i would never just blow it off like you did there without being prepared.
  • blg5
    blg5 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This is not a big deal. It's not like your doing this every night. Don't beat yourself up . Your diet is absolutely not ruined.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    My blood sugar is tested 4-5 times per day. I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks per day. I take 2 shots of long lasting insulin - one in am and one in pm and i take short acting insulin for each meal i consume.

When i had the low last night it was because i took my short acting insulin for the meal i ate. It was turkey with some gravy so there were no carbs BUT every time i eat just meat (experience) my blood sugar rises with no insulin SO i thought i should take a couple of units to account for that. I was WRONG this time for some reason i do not know SO therefore, I got low at the grocery store with my husband and i sat in the car and ate a nectarine. We drove home and i was still feeling really low so i raided the cupboards til i felt better.

Today came, i got up, tested my blood, took insulin and ate healthy all day and worked out with weights this evening. Yes I take my disease seriously because it is serious. It can cause blindness, heart attack, kidney failure, amputation and the list goes on! Although id like to point out that those complication ONLY come from one's blood sugars being high. Don't get me wrong, lows are dangerous too, but in the present time. High effects danger in the long term.
  • NonnyMary
    Options
    My blood sugar is tested 4-5 times per day. I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks per day. I take 2 shots of long lasting insulin - one in am and one in pm and i take short acting insulin for each meal i consume.

When i had the low last night it was because i took my short acting insulin for the meal i ate. It was turkey with some gravy so there were no carbs BUT every time i eat just meat (experience) my blood sugar rises with no insulin SO i thought i should take a couple of units to account for that. I was WRONG this time for some reason i do not know SO therefore, I got low at the grocery store with my husband and i sat in the car and ate a nectarine. We drove home and i was still feeling really low so i raided the cupboards til i felt better.

Today came, i got up, tested my blood, took insulin and ate healthy all day and worked out with weights this evening. Yes I take my disease seriously because it is serious. It can cause blindness, heart attack, kidney failure, amputation and the list goes on! Although id like to point out that those complication ONLY come from one's blood sugars being high. Don't get me wrong, lows are dangerous too, but in the present time. High effects danger in the long term.
    ]]

Hi - i got concerned a bit because you seemed to be more worried about 1500 calories than making sure you had enough stuff on hand for when you have a health emergency. Like wait a minute here.. I was concerned about that.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options

]]

Hi - i got concerned a bit because you seemed to be more worried about 1500 calories than making sure you had enough stuff on hand for when you have a health emergency. Like wait a minute here.. I was concerned about that.

Thank you for your concern. Appreciate it :)