All calories are not the same

Options

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    You're right. Quinoa is nasty, pizza is not. Therefore, they are not the same.
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    This topic. AGAIN.
    ARE we comparing calories, or are we comparing something else. PLease oh please be specific so we aren't all spinning our wheels.

Calorie wise, calories are calories.
    A calorie is a form of measurement. One unit of measurement is sames a one unit of measurement.

Or are you measuring/comparing NUTRITIONAL VALUES ???
    If that's the case, let's call it what is, and please change your topic to:
    All NUTRITIONAL VALUES ARE NOT THE SAME.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    :yawn:
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    You're right. Quinoa is nasty, pizza is not. Therefore, they are not the same.

lol.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Did someone say pizza? I'll take mine with bacon on it. :)
  • choppedupcoconut
    Options
    This doesn't surprise me, majority of you use chemical substances such as aspartame ad sucralose as an alternative to sugar, because someone, somewhere told you it's completely healthy and natural.

Anyways, I dare any of you to consume 1200 calories of pizza a day for a month and monitor your results.
    Now the next month eat 1200 calories of whole natural foods, preferably raw, organic fruits and vegetables. including raw nuts. and no, peanuts are not nuts. Now if you yield the same results with both diets I would be amazed, and it's simply would not happen. The fact is, at the end of the day, your body stores away fat in a means of protecting you. It's not going to store away the vegetables because it doesn't contain any fat, your body wants to store fat in case you suddenly don't have food anymore.
    Pizza is a completely man made food, your body wasn't even designed to even digest man made foods . The body thrives on natural foods.
  • choppedupcoconut
    Options
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    This doesn't surprise me, majority of you use chemical substances such as aspartame ad sucralose as an alternative to sugar, because someone, somewhere told you it's completely healthy and natural.

Anyways, I dare any of you to consume 1200 calories of pizza a day for a month and monitor your results.
    Now the next month eat 1200 calories of whole natural foods, preferably raw, organic fruits and vegetables. including raw nuts. and no, peanuts are not nuts. Now if you yield the same results with both diets I would be amazed, and it's simply would not happen. The fact is, at the end of the day, your body stores away fat in a means of protecting you. It's not going to store away the vegetables because it doesn't contain any fat, your body wants to store fat in case you suddenly don't have food anymore.
    Pizza is a completely man made food, your body wasn't even designed to even digest man made foods . The body thrives on natural foods.

My body thrives on pizza, cheeseburgers and icecream. Moderation not elimination.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    And I bet you don't use chemical substances such as aspartame and sucralose because someone, somewhere told you it's not completely healthy.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Thanks for the entertainment. Best of luck to you.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

LMAO.

Thanks for the laugh.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Lmao, what?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Omg...the best part is that I'm pretty sure you're not even trolling!!!
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    A calorie is a calorie.... Nutrition on the other hand is something entirely different.

But on a side note, I think it's hilarious when people use pizza as an example of BAD food. If you were to eat the ingredients on a piece of pizza separately, you would probably think you are eating healthy food. Why does eating them all together at the same time make them the DEVIL?!?!?!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

But why would anyone do that? Why would they consume only one thing? How about a mix of pizza and natural foods? That's a more realistic scenario.

And our bodies weren't "designed" for anything. They evolved. Why do you think they "evolved" to eat "man-made" food? Cheese, pizza sauce and flour dough have been around for thousands of years. People have been eating them just fine. And even if you do believe that God "designed" our bodies, then he also designed us to learn to cook and make food like cheese and dough, so why wouldn't he design us to eat that food?
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    This is an argument I have quite often with people.
    All calories are not the same. 250 calories from a slice of pizza is not the same as 250 calories from a meal consisting of grilled chicken breast, a side of quinoa and fresh raw spinach.

If you agree or disagree, please post in the in the comment section below

I think what would be more accurate is that all calories are not NUTRITIONALLY THE SAME. since each type of thing we eat has a different effect on various parts of the body.. ie. vitamins dont do the same thing as fiber.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    This is an argument I have quite often with people.
    All calories are not the same. 250 calories from a slice of pizza is not the same as 250 calories from a meal consisting of grilled chicken breast, a side of quinoa and fresh raw spinach.

If you agree or disagree, please post in the in the comment section below

And muscle weighs more than fat, right?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    A calorie is a calorie.... Nutrition on the other hand is something entirely different.

But on a side note, I think it's hilarious when people use pizza as an example of BAD food. If you were to eat the ingredients on a piece of pizza separately, you would probably think you are eating healthy food. Why does eating them all together at the same time make them the DEVIL?!?!?!

Exactly. Chips. Chips are example of a food that has very little nutritional value. Pizza? Veggies, lycopene, vitamins, carbs, protein, calcium, iron, etc.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options

Where do you get your facts? Your body doesn't have a clue if something is "healthy" or "organic". What part of the human body tells the rest of the body to store a particular food as fat because it is "unhealthy" food??? :huh:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

OP, are you familiar with the scientific method? You might want to brush up on that, and realize that you are making no sense.

Suddenly anecdotes, fitness websites that anyone can post to and "dares" are appropriate substitutes for peer reviewed studies? Because YOU say so? And "your body won't store away vegetables because it doesn't contain any fat"? Lollercoaster.
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    _gif__dis_gun_b_gud__by_aartboy-d5cp797.gif