All calories are not the same

Options

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Peanuts are a bean.

Peanuts and beans are both legumes, but not all legumes are beans.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    This topic. AGAIN.
    ARE we comparing calories, or are we comparing something else. PLease oh please be specific so we aren't all spinning our wheels.

Calorie wise, calories are calories.
    A calorie is a form of measurement. One unit of measurement is sames a one unit of measurement.

Or are you measuring/comparing NUTRITIONAL VALUES ???
    If that's the case, let's call it what is, and please change your topic to:
    All NUTRITIONAL VALUES ARE NOT THE SAME.

^^^^^ This

You just have to mix it up sometime. I will eat pizza, it might or might not have chicken or spinach on it. But pizza will be eaten at some point. I get bored easily, chicken and veggies can get real boring that is why I give so much of my money to Penzys.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    People with very little weight loss, no proven fitness track record and single digit post count,: "All calories are not equal!"

People who have met their goal or close to, with track record of hitting fitness goals time and again, and with thousands of posts advising others : "A calorie is a calorie, hit your macros and be happy."

I know who I listen to.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Anyways, I dare any of you to consume 1200 calories of pizza a day for a month and monitor your results.
    Now the next month eat 1200 calories of whole natural foods, preferably raw, organic fruits and vegetables. including raw nuts.
    That's a ridiculous comparison because nobody eats nothing but pizza every day for a month, and you are comparing one food to a huge variety of foods. If you want to make it fair, have one month of eating only pizza and the other month of eating only broccoli.

Guess what, if you only eat broccoli for extended periods of time you'd get sick. That doesn't mean broccoli is bad for you, it just means people who make these arguments have no sense of context.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    It's craziness. PeaNUTs are not a nut. CheeseCAKE is not a cake.

IT IS INSANITY

Rhode Island is neither a road NOR an island! Everything I know is a LIE.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    This doesn't surprise me, majority of you use chemical substances such as aspartame ad sucralose as an alternative to sugar, because someone, somewhere told you it's completely healthy and natural.

Anyways, I dare any of you to consume 1200 calories of pizza a day for a month and monitor your results.
    Now the next month eat 1200 calories of whole natural foods, preferably raw, organic fruits and vegetables. including raw nuts. and no, peanuts are not nuts. Now if you yield the same results with both diets I would be amazed, and it's simply would not happen. The fact is, at the end of the day, your body stores away fat in a means of protecting you. It's not going to store away the vegetables because it doesn't contain any fat, your body wants to store fat in case you suddenly don't have food anymore.
    Pizza is a completely man made food, your body wasn't even designed to even digest man made foods . The body thrives on natural foods.

LOL?

You have a lot to learn.
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Peanuts are a bean.

Peanuts and beans are both legumes, but not all legumes are beans.

All squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

IT IS INSANITY

Cheesecake is generally classified as a custard tart due to its lack of flour. However, New York style cheesecake does contain flour, and therefore could be classified as cake.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I'd eat pizza for a month if it can be homemade. I'm pretty sure I could even hit my macros this way.
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options
    Now the next month eat 1200 calories of whole natural foods, preferably raw, organic fruits and vegetables. including raw nuts.
    That's a ridiculous comparison because nobody eats nothing but pizza every day for a month, and you are comparing one food to a huge variety of foods. If you want to make it fair, have one month of eating only pizza and the other month of eating only broccoli.

Guess what, if you only eat broccoli for extended periods of time you'd get sick. That doesn't mean broccoli is bad for you, it just means people who make these arguments have no sense of context.

I think this has the makings of a challenge - create a pizza that meets all macro- and micro- nutrient requirements and can be eaten at every meal. I think I could do it, and by George, maybe I will.
  • whierd
    Options

IT IS INSANITY

Cheesecake is generally classified as a custard tart due to its lack of flour. However, New York style cheesecake does contain flour, and therefore could be classified as cake.

Custard pie or torte are the two things I will accept. :angry:
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options
    I'd eat pizza for a month if it can be homemade. I'm pretty sure I could even hit my macros this way.

Haha! Great minds think alike.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Calories are a measure of energy, the same way a centimeter is a measure of distance. A centimeter is not an inch because somebody decrees that not all centimeters are the same.
  • DatMurse
    Options

bleh.

I could eat a BURGER everyday.(srs)
  • whierd
    Options

bleh.

I probably could too. I'd just have a harder time hitting my macros.
  • whierd
    Options
    Can pizza be considered a taco?

Only if it has cauliflower.
  • DatMurse
    Options

bleh.

I probably could too. I'd just have a harder time hitting my macros.
    why is that?

6oz sirloin beef patty has about 50g of protein and 20g of fat.
    if you go for something like 96/4, 4oz has about 24g of protein for 4g of fat.
  • aliciap412
    aliciap412 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mqe4mrGrpa1rmwzkdo1_400.gif
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Can pizza be considered a taco?
    Sure, some pizzas are taco, but not all tacos are pizzas. And vice versa.