What Machine is your favourite?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I like the barbell machine. Also, hold the machine.

...right?

... and stuff.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Wow...what interesting information! I am actually really comfortable doing both free weights or machines. THOUGH I feel like I will look like a fool because of "improper form" while using the free weights. This is what leads me to want to use the machines.

I plan to use both. Also, my favourite is the leg curl/extension.

Wonderful!

Nobody has perfect form when they first start. Watch some videos, do some reading, and pay close attention to what you are doing, you'll get there in no time.

Keep us posted as you progress :flowerforyou:

^Exactly! Outstanding! And I totally get the form thing too, but everyone starts somewhere, right? And there are guys that have been working out in the gym for ages that never learn proper form, so at least you are wanting to and that is a step in the right direction! If you look into a program like Stronglifts or Starting Strength, each one of those provides form technique information.

A couple of suggestions for videos for form help:

Anything Mark Rippetoe - He has a ton of videos out there for training squats, DL, etc

Also, there are some great series by Matt Wenning on form called "So you think you can..." and he teaches squat, bench and DL, and those are through the EliteFTS site. Here's the link to his first squat video, I think finding the rest should be pretty easy from there: http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/powerlifting-articles/so-you-think-you-can-squat-part-1-and-2/