How to avoid MFP Bullies

Options

Replies

• delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Nothing?

*sigh*

Maybe I need to give an incentive. How about, for every truly "rude and nasty" post of mine you can reference, I'll refrain from posting in the forums for a day...no, strike that...a week. Given that I've no doubt posted dozens of them...(given the accusations of many, some vaguely in my general direction and at least one specifically about me, surely there are at least dozens, right?)...here is your chance to have me off of the forums for MONTHS!

well jeffcbt there was that one argument we got into . . .
    . . . but that probably doesn't count.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Nothing?

*sigh*

Maybe I need to give an incentive. How about, for every truly "rude and nasty" post of mine you can reference, I'll refrain from posting in the forums for a day...no, strike that...a week. Given that I've no doubt posted dozens of them...(given the accusations of many, some vaguely in my general direction and at least one specifically about me, surely there are at least dozens, right?)...here is your chance to have me off of the forums for MONTHS!

well jeffcbt there was that one argument we got into . . .
    . . . but that probably doesn't count.

I remember that but you guys were just having a bromance tiff. I don't count it. :tongue:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    HOW TO BECOME A "MFP BULLY"

When one is too much of a coward to actually be a bully face to face with other people,, hide behind a computer screen and come to a weight loss / fitness site where you can pretend to be better than other people in the safety of your Parents basement where you can make stupid comments toward people rather than getting a JOB and living an actual real life. I know, it is safer that way because in real life you would suffer many incidents of getting your puck a** kicked.

Speaking from experience? How's the basement working out? I mean, I just figured seeing as you typed this from behind your computer and all.

See your comment is an ignorant one. Unlike the Punk "MFP Bullies, I am polite to people online and in real life. The difference is, when coming across your type, I am always plenty prepared and capable of dealing with you in any way necessary. When you have to be rude and nasty online to people, there is no doubt you are a coward in real life

Only on MFP does polite = painting everyone as living in their parents basement, with no jobs, and having no actual life.....LOL

Don't forget "ignorant" and "punk." We want to make sure that everyone is properly chastised here by the ever so polite and courteous poster.

right, how could I forget that...the common thing to do when you see a loved one is say "I love you, you ignorant punk"

Dad?

yes, son..?
  • HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    How do I find bullies?

Good question. I have never seen a bully on this site. They must be pretty easy to avoid, because I have been here forever. I was actually born in the "Introduce Yourself" forum.
    as a pharmacist, i learned long ago that in every pharmacy there is a queen. One woman who has been there forever and acts with impunity. She works at her own pace no matter what's going on around her, says what's on her mind, pays for all personal purchases with coupons because she's the one who does the coupon reimbursements, and generally feels she is indispensable. The other employees either hate her or tolerate her. Identifying this person early on can be invaluable to a floating pharmacist. I've also learned, that if you look around the pharmacy and can't identify the queen, it's YOU.

not related to thread, but you just described my work experience as a pharmacy lab tech. All this time, I just assumed I was just blowing the whole situation out of proportion and kept it to myself.
  • akathatoneguy
    akathatoneguy Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Because people getting upset about receiving science-backed advice are victims?

I think you may have missed the underlying point.

I thought I made enough "I agree with what you're saying, but..." statements to show that I agree with the underlying point you're making. To be clear, I don't think people should be upset about receiving science-backed advice. I was talking about people asking questions and receiving ****ish responses, which as you can see, is a different thing. Science-based advice can be delivered with or without a side order of ****ishness. Most of the ****s I've seen on forums (I don't spend a lot of time on MFP forums, usually, but elsewhere) aren't even giving any advice to go with their ****ish responses. I suppose if you're going to be a ****, adding in some quality advice is helpful.

EDIT: Apparently "d!ck" is censored here, because we're all 7 years old, so that's the word hidden by all the super-tasteful asterisks above.
  • akathatoneguy
    akathatoneguy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am always plenty prepared and capable of dealing with you in any way necessary.

*Looks at signature, sees picture of gun on weight-loss chart*

*Nods*

Oh, you're THAT guy.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :wink: Thank-You OP for making SENSE!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

When one is too much of a coward to actually be a bully face to face with other people,, hide behind a computer screen and come to a weight loss / fitness site where you can pretend to be better than other people in the safety of your Parents basement where you can make stupid comments toward people rather than getting a JOB and living an actual real life. I know, it is safer that way because in real life you would suffer many incidents of getting your puck a** kicked.

Speaking from experience? How's the basement working out? I mean, I just figured seeing as you typed this from behind your computer and all.

See your comment is an ignorant one. Unlike the Punk "MFP Bullies, I am polite to people online and in real life. The difference is, when coming across your type, I am always plenty prepared and capable of dealing with you in any way necessary. When you have to be rude and nasty online to people, there is no doubt you are a coward in real life

Oh, I completely forgot to ask in my previous post...

...but could you please point me (and others) to these "rude and nasty" posts of mine to which you're referring? Three or four would be helpful to see if there's a pattern...but even one would be more than what we have to work with at this point.

Edit: Silly me, I should have specified. This invitation is open to anyone, not just DD. Consider it a MFP scavenger hunt. Whoever finds the most "rude and nasty" jofjltncb6 posts wins a prize.

Nothing?

*sigh*

I found one...perhaps two.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

...but could you please point me (and others) to these "rude and nasty" posts of mine to which you're referring? Three or four would be helpful to see if there's a pattern...but even one would be more than what we have to work with at this point.

Edit: Silly me, I should have specified. This invitation is open to anyone, not just DD. Consider it a MFP scavenger hunt. Whoever finds the most "rude and nasty" jofjltncb6 posts wins a prize.

Nothing?

*sigh*

Lies!

(They were probably directed *at you* and you deserved both of them and more.)
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    In, for inevitable butthurt.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    In, for inevitable butthurt.

IN! Wait...
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

Nothing?

*sigh*

Lies!

(They were probably directed *at you* and you deserved both of them and more.)

:angry:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Because people getting upset about receiving science-backed advice are victims?

I think you may have missed the underlying point.

I thought I made enough "I agree with what you're saying, but..." statements to show that I agree with the underlying point you're making. To be clear, I don't think people should be upset about receiving science-backed advice. I was talking about people asking questions and receiving ****ish responses, which as you can see, is a different thing. Science-based advice can be delivered with or without a side order of ****ishness. Most of the ****s I've seen on forums (I don't spend a lot of time on MFP forums, usually, but elsewhere) aren't even giving any advice to go with their ****ish responses. I suppose if you're going to be a ****, adding in some quality advice is helpful.

EDIT: Apparently "d!ck" is censored here, because we're all 7 years old, so that's the word hidden by all the super-tasteful asterisks above.

Funnily enough, whenever someone asks a legitimate question, they get legitimate answers. Unless the original question borders on ridiculousness.

Most of the issues arise when someone posts something that is factually incorrect and tries to claim it is true. They are usually quickly refuted and then that person goes on to get upset and continue making false claims. If you lurk on the message boards often, you'll see the same posters doing it over and over. Usually things like "sugar will make you fat!" or "mcnasty chicken!" threads.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    We post in forums that have fad dieters, and those forums have to be guarded by people with experience. Who's gonna do it? You? You, “I’m going to do another fad diet since the last 4 didn't work”? “Bullies” have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for restriction diets and you curse the IIFYM. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what they know, that differing opinions, gifs and sarcasm, while tragic, probably saves lives. And credible science, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at body wrap parties, you want bullies in the forums. You need bullies in the forums. They use words like "healthy", "search", "myth". They use these words as the backbone of a life spent researching something. You see them and you cry bully. They have neither the time nor the responsibility to explain themselves to people who consistently argue and report the very logic and help they are trying to provide, and questions the manner in which they provide it! They would rather you just said "I choose not to agree", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you click on Google, and do some extensive searching for yourself....

....OR something like that.
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but, when I research, the internet always points me back to MFP! ;-)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    tfnzjs.jpg
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    1. Do your own research instead of asking a forum. Yep, you may have to think for yourselves...Scary, I know.
    2. If you get advise, don't respond with anything starting with "Yeah, but.." If you don't agree with advise given... repeat step one.
    3. Remember that often in life , a stupid question will receive a stupid answer.
    4. Remember that people you may not like, or who have contradicting opinions also have computers.
    5. If you can't take the heat, don't tickle the dragon.

:indifferent: :yawn:
  • AsianSuperfly
    AsianSuperfly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The more I read I think of MFP boards as a bunch of people with mental conditions..............that happen to be tracking their calories.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Quid pro quo of nothing I'm way nicer here than in real life. Today I told a doctor to shut the **** up because he was irritating me.

Oh but I used to have a mohican so I'm probably a punk in any case
  • quebot
    quebot Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This forum is labeled "community." Community isn't just about being a research fanatic (something that I already am). Honestly, I avoid posting here often because MFP has a relatively mean community, one with whom I don't often strive to build relationships.This post is just another example of the poor attitude around here. It is really unfortunate, because I love everything else about MFP. It has been very helpful to me!
This discussion has been closed.