"the Daniel fast"... and what it did for me...

Options

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    In Biblical times, once you had sex with the person you were espoused to (engaged to) that was how you became married in God's eyes. There were no licenses, elaborate ceremonies or anything like today's traditions. Today it is the same. When you have sex with somebody you are spiritually marrying them.

Nowadays I do believe it wise for couples to make the commitment to abstain only because if things don't go well during an engagement at least you can leave the relationship without having had that "next level bond" so to speak.

Anyways, I applaud the Daniel Fast and I am going to try it. All technicalities aside, if it worked it worked!

Congrats on your weight loss!

Do I get spiritual alimony from all those partners, then?

You must be spiritually wealthy!

Can I spiritually pay off my credit card?

With your past, I bet you could pay off everyone's!

Are you calling her a harlot?

Only spiritually, though. I need to figure out how to get my spiritual prostitution payments to be actual. Would going to church help?

Start going to church and stop consuming alcohol. It is all about sacrifice.

Don't get crazy, here. There's wine at Catholic churches.

It is spiritually transmuted into blood.

If I spill wine does that mean I have blood on my hands?

It depends...did you spill it on your hands?

But what if I wash my hands after? Does that make me Pontius Pilate?

You killed Jesus?

No, but I created pilates.

You can double your results if you do the Daniel fast, combined with Pontius Pilates.

How do you think Jesus got so ripped?
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Where all my Muslims at? Can I get some shouts for Ramadan?!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    It would lower teen pregnancy rate as well as lower the amount of tax dollars going into helping this teen. It would also prevent STDs from spreading.... The only way their personal life would affect the community is through the amount of governmental support (tax dollars)

Abstinence "education" has done the complete opposite. Also, when teens get pregnant, they don't always carry to term or become mothers......

Abstinence is a choice. NOT an obligation. The ONLY way to lower pregnancy and STD rates is through PROPER condom and birth control usage.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I am usually impressed when a Christian even knows about the New Covenant tbh. They largely do not know or understand their own Scripture.

I dated a guy once whose family was insisting I go through RCMA to be Catholic (my mom is, but she left the church before I was born). These were pretty awful people, in general. but also idiots. I got into a "discussion" with his mother about whether the Immaculate Conception referred to Christ's conception or Mary's. She was adament it was Christ's conception (even though the Feat of the Immaculate Conception is Dec. 6 and Christ's supposed birthday is Dec. 25 -- how long was she pregnant???).

She went to her priest. Guess who was right?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    In Biblical times, once you had sex with the person you were espoused to (engaged to) that was how you became married in God's eyes. There were no licenses, elaborate ceremonies or anything like today's traditions. Today it is the same. When you have sex with somebody you are spiritually marrying them.

Nowadays I do believe it wise for couples to make the commitment to abstain only because if things don't go well during an engagement at least you can leave the relationship without having had that "next level bond" so to speak.

Anyways, I applaud the Daniel Fast and I am going to try it. All technicalities aside, if it worked it worked!

Congrats on your weight loss!

Do I get spiritual alimony from all those partners, then?

You must be spiritually wealthy!

Can I spiritually pay off my credit card?

With your past, I bet you could pay off everyone's!

Are you calling her a harlot?

Only spiritually, though. I need to figure out how to get my spiritual prostitution payments to be actual. Would going to church help?

Start going to church and stop consuming alcohol. It is all about sacrifice.

Don't get crazy, here. There's wine at Catholic churches.

It is spiritually transmuted into blood.

If I spill wine does that mean I have blood on my hands?

It depends...did you spill it on your hands?

But what if I wash my hands after? Does that make me Pontius Pilate?

You killed Jesus?

No, but I created pilates.

You can double your results if you do the Daniel fast, combined with Pontius Pilates.

How do you think Jesus got so ripped?

By making the first Walking DVD.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    It would lower teen pregnancy rate as well as lower the amount of tax dollars going into helping this teen. It would also prevent STDs from spreading.... The only way their personal life would affect the community is through the amount of governmental support (tax dollars)

No it wouldnt, lol.

Sex education is a better way to prevent those things, along with more readily available sexual health services.

pass out condoms in schools and let's see what happens to the teen pregnancy rate
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    It's ok...ignorant people say stupid things. If you believe in God and the bible (and you can't say you believe in God if you dont believe his word), then you know what happened to Daniel in the Lions Den and why, you know what fasting means and why we do it, you know what sexual impurity is and what it means, you know what Gd says about marriage and sex before marriage. If you dont know, then you're ignorant. If you want to know, go read the WORD! If you don't want to know, then don't ask. The sad thing is that you want to know, but you don't like the answer because it doesnt sit well with your soul, and it means having to raise your standards and be responsible with the truth you've been given (God's word), but that would just be too much for you and so you take to sarcasm and slander in order to make yourself feel better. Good luck with that.

OP - Obviously, you did something right! It worked and praise God for it!

The Bible also says that if I get raped I am required to marry my rapist or be put to death, and if I'm married and my husband dies I have to marry his brother. GOD'S WORD!!! I don't think you should be calling other people ignorant when your book is FULL of inconsistencies and you've only bothered to read the selected sections that fit with your world view. Also, I hope you don't eat swine or wear cotton and linen together, you might be smote.

Isn't there something about eating seafood aswell in the 10 commandments? I'll be checking diaries!!!!
    That's not in the 10 Commandments. :-)

But the 10 Commandments are the only pasrt of the Old Testament Christians have to follow, I'm told. They ignore the rest. Something about a new covenent.

The New Covenant effectively invalidated the entire Old Testament.
    EXCEPT for Adam and Eve and the Ten Commandments.

I will have to check scripture before I agree or disagree. I was under the impression that the New Covenant supercedes the 10 Commandments.
    According to people who post right her on the MFP boards, this is the case. And they know everything.

I went back and checked. I'm pretty sure that pillaging is okay now . . . that and murder. God's good with murder now . . .
  • shannashannabobana
    Options

Abstinence only sex education and practice certainly has a stunning track record on teen pregnancies!
    The PRACTICE of abstinence will eliminate your possibility of teen pregnancy. Whether the education works is an entirely different matter. People are people.

That said, My mom and cousin did the daniel fast one year and thought it was very beneficial from a spiritual perspective. Weight lost on these types of fasts tends to be short lived if you return to your prior eating habits.
    Christ's supposed birthday is Dec. 25 -- how long was she pregnant???).
    I think it's generally understood that Jesus was probably born in the spring. Things are often not celebrated on the days they actually are presumed to have happened. I'm not catholic so I can't speak to the rest.

To the OP, I commend you for your attempts to live up to your ideals.
  • whierd
    Options

No it wouldnt, lol.

Sex education is a better way to prevent those things, along with more readily available sexual health services.

pass out condoms in schools and let's see what happens to the teen pregnancy rate

If passed out, they become balloon animals.
  • whierd
    Options

Abstinence only sex education and practice certainly has a stunning track record on teen pregnancies!
    The PRACTICE of abstinence will eliminate your possibility of teen pregnancy. Whether the education works is an entirely different matter. People are people.

That said, My mom and cousin did the daniel fast one year and thought it was very beneficial from a spiritual perspective. Weight lost on these types of fasts tends to be short lived if you return to your prior eating habits.

As a spiritual practice, I can see it being very beneficial.
  • TheSlorax
    Options
    Where all my Muslims at? Can I get some shouts for Ramadan?!

ramadan is over! but in any case ramadan mubarak :)
  • rml_16
    Options

No it wouldnt, lol.

'Cause teen boys are SO on board with using condoms ...

Teenagers are idiots. We were allidiots when we were teenagers. They do dumb things. Some get lucky and come out unscathed. But teens have been having sex since the first one crawled out of the ooze.
  • BeachIron
    Options

No it wouldnt, lol.

It would make study period more fun?
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    291dyt3.gif
  • BeachIron
    Options

No it wouldnt, lol.

If passed out, they become balloon animals.

I always pass out after sex
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    What the hell is going on in here?
  • rml_16
    Options
    What the hell is going on in here?
    Shenanigans.
  • Lemongrab1
    Lemongrab1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I pass out during.
    Then I wake up and run out into the street screaming "RUPHALYN! HE ROOFIED ME!"
    Which changes his face from serious disappointment to serious horror.
    But it's OK because we're spiritually married.
    Because sex.
  • TheSlorax
    Options

No it wouldnt, lol.

'Cause teen boys are SO on board with using condoms ...

Teenagers are idiots. We were allidiots when we were teenagers. They do dumb things. Some get lucky and come out unscathed. But teens have been having sex since the first one crawled out of the ooze.

unfortunately they are not, but what I'm saying is if sex is more acceptable and taught how to be done safely with less risk of disease or pregnancy there will be a positive correlation in the teen pregnancy rate. unfortunately teenagers are idiots and they will continue to have sex and be stupid.
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I've been on a Biblical fast for years and have felt great!

I haven't read the thing since I was 8.

I love you. I'm on the same fast !!! :) Big bearded sky daddy is totally telling me we should be friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!