"the Daniel fast"... and what it did for me...

mccbabe1
mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
Good morning mfp peeps! well i've managed to lose a solid 5 pounds over the last 3wks! with the way I was eating i was almost hoping for 10! lol.. but I am happy and will continue to track here soon after a little 'sanity break not thinking of food so much week'!... you see over the last 3wks my boyfriend and I did a 'fast'.. a type of cleanse.. not a doctor liquid crap or loose wt fast crap.. more of a FAST. for God.. for our purity as boyfriend and girlfriend.. saving ourselves for each other for marriage.. and yessssssssssss its hard.... so anwhooodle... over the last 21 days (ended at midnight last nt) (and trust we ate together at 12! lol after we prayed =)... ive been doing the "DANIEL FAST" its biblical.. in the bible.. in book of Daniel! and for 21 days all he ate was 'the fruits of the land".... so here it is.. drink water ONLY! yes ONLY... no juice no cofffee!!!!!!!!!! ONLY water (can add lemon).. NO ANIMAL..so basically vegan.. no meat.. no butter no cheese!!(hardest for me).. and no white sugars.. can have all fruits all veggies.. baked tortilla chips , brown rice pasta.. brown rice.. I had NO added sugars (no chocolate)!!! :brokenheart: :sad: and so on.. oh and NO Preservatives! (i lived at trader joes)... before this fast I was eating chocolate/sugar EVERY DAY.. Coffee every day and emotional eating for comfort.... THIS FAST WAS THE HARDEST THING IVE EVER DONE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE..:indifferent: :indifferent: and i did not cheat! praise God... and right now.. day 22 its over.. and heck yes I'm having me a cup of joe.. "half caff" so i don't have heart palpitations.. LOL :wink: since no caffeine at all last 3wks.. I prayed also for God to take away stress eating/emotional eating that i've always had.. and i feel it gone now... life a 100# wt is gone!... Love you my peeps! xo
ps: my 6'1" boyfriend ended up loosing 17#'s :indifferent: :glasses: (and again NOT what this fast was about.. but it feels good to see some loss as well) :smile:
be blessed!

Replies

• pinkncrazee
    pinkncrazee Posts: 47 Member
    Awesome! When in doubt, go to the Book! Thanks for posting this! I bet this would be a great fast for those with sugar issues and can't do a full one!
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Congratulations on your weight loss. It's tough for us women how our men can lose weight faster than us. Good for them.

Thanks for the link: http://www.daniel-fast.com/ http://danielfast.wordpress.com/daniel-fast-food-list/
  • mccbabe1
    thanks guys!!! yes huge eyeopener.... and the FULL 21 days was a very large part in my success now!... I wanted to give up sooooooo many times and didnt.. GODS STRENGTH.. @ pinkncrazzee.. i accepted your FR! :bigsmile:
  • Fit2BeFly
    Fit2BeFly Posts: 185 Member
    Good or u. I have completed this fast in the past. I considered revisiting it. I have a few things I need to cleanse out of my life, along with horrible eating habits.
  • Congratulations to you and the bf. I've heard of the Daniel fast but have never been brave enough to try it for wt. loss or spiritual needs. My hat is off to you. I think it's amazingly wonderful that you and the bf are restraining and maintaining to remain pure till your wedding. It can be done. It's difficult but you won't regret it. My son and dil do not regret it at all.
  • mccbabe1
    @ Dizzzow- thank you!!! yes it is very hard to stay pure.... but exactly it is worth it!.. i want our relationshp and marriage to be BLESSED...:heart: and yes this fast was soooooooooo hard... and not very healthy really... low protein.. low calcium (no meat/dairy) man it sucked.. LOL. but the outcome and bondage it broke was worth every hard day of the 21
  • carashirley
    carashirley Posts: 169 Member
    First I want to applaud you on your commitment to God! It is an amazing thing! Also I applaud you on your commitment to being pure until marriage. I wish more people would take tha route you have taken! Finally, congrats on the weight loss!! It's GREAT!

Remember, Greater is HE that is in you than he that is in the world!!!!!

P.S. Might I suggest the book Made to Crave by Lysa TerKhurst! Changed my LIFE!!!

P.S.S. Friend request sent!
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    I think I'll have to try that. Thanks so much for posting about it.
  • SAH1906
    SAH1906 Posts: 60 Member
    Never tried the Daniel Fast, but I am proud of you for your commitment to God! It is so heart warming to see people not falling into the trap of sex set out by the Enemy. Good job!
  • robin949598
    robin949598 Posts: 86 Member
    I have a friend who does the Daniel fast every January with her husband. She says it is hard-especially giving up coffee-but it is worth it. She recommended that I try it, but I haven't yet. Thank you for sharing your story!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Fasting does have health benefits.....overall....
    My church recently did the Daniel fast for the month of August.
    I did not join, in.....but it was intriguing.

I am currently doing Intermittent Fasting/LeanGains......not quite on par with a Daniel Fast.
    But hopefully with similar benefits.
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    First I want to applaud you on your commitment to God! It is an amazing thing! Also I applaud you on your commitment to being pure until marriage. I wish more people would take tha route you have taken! Finally, congrats on the weight loss!! It's GREAT!

Remember, Greater is HE that is in you than he that is in the world!!!!!

P.S. Might I suggest the book Made to Crave by Lysa TerKhurst! Changed my LIFE!!!

P.S.S. Friend request sent!

Please explain why it would make a difference to you if more people abstained from sex before marriage. I am not condemning nor condoning; just wondering how it would affect you either way.
  • MityMax96
    Please explain why it would make a difference to you if more people abstained from sex before marriage. I am not condemning nor condoning; just wondering how it would affect you either way.

less chance of unwanted pregnancy??
  • heatherz104
    heatherz104 Posts: 70 Member
    This is great, I'm glad to hear about someone that did this and felt all the benefits! A girl at work was telling me about this and I think I'd like to try it eventually.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,262 Member
    How did you get protein on this 21 day diet?
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    I...I don't...I can't even...
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    I had the hardest time reading that huge block of text. Can you next please pray for some punctuation, paragraph structure, caps lock etiquette, and less smiley usage?

Get over yourself.....some people need to watch Bambi again and learn what to do if they can't say anything nice.....

I think you did awesome! Great challenge for yourself and working on faith and purity.
  • MityMax96

less chance of unwanted pregnancy??

And how is that HER problem?

Since I live in the US.
    We have this thing called welfare, in which I get taxed, so someone else can be subsidized to put food on their table or a roof over their head.

Not to mention I am still waiting to see how Obamacare shakes out in regards to abortions.

so if you wish to ruin a forum and get political, I guess we can.....
  • meddief
    meddief Posts: 4 Member
    If everyone abstained from sex before marriage then the 20 million slaves used in the sex trade could be free. There wouldn't be rapings all over the world.
    It might not make much of a difference individually, but I personally believe the world would be a better place if everyone just had one sexual partner.
  • kdsp2911
    kdsp2911 Posts: 170 Member
    I've done the Daniel Fast a few times. It's amazing what God will do in your life when you honor the fasts that He calls you to. I think it is absolutely wonderful that you and your boyfriend have decided to wait in purity for your marriage. It will help your marriage immensely!

Fasting is a great time to cleanse your body of all the junk, all the toxins we stick in ourselves on a daily basis.

Great job! Props for posting!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!