"the Daniel fast"... and what it did for me...

Options

Replies

• RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Please explain why it would make a difference to you if more people abstained from sex before marriage. I am not condemning nor condoning; just wondering how it would affect you either way.

less chance of unwanted pregnancy??

You realize birth control exists, right? Also, unwanted pregnancies can happen regardless of one's marital status; it's not like sperm goes "we'd fertilize that egg and give these two a pregnancy they don't want, but since they're married, we'll cut them some slack..."

stop using logic. there's no room for that here. we're talking about fasting.

AND THE TOXINS

OH NOEZ!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    oh..and in...for the derail and forthcoming lockdown...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It's ok...ignorant people say stupid things. If you believe in God and the bible (and you can't say you believe in God if you dont believe his word), then you know what happened to Daniel in the Lions Den and why, you know what fasting means and why we do it, you know what sexual impurity is and what it means, you know what Gd says about marriage and sex before marriage. If you dont know, then you're ignorant. If you want to know, go read the WORD! If you don't want to know, then don't ask. The sad thing is that you want to know, but you don't like the answer because it doesnt sit well with your soul, and it means having to raise your standards and be responsible with the truth you've been given (God's word), but that would just be too much for you and so you take to sarcasm and slander in order to make yourself feel better. Good luck with that.

OP - Obviously, you did something right! It worked and praise God for it!

The Bible also says that if I get raped I am required to marry my rapist or be put to death, and if I'm married and my husband dies I have to marry his brother. GOD'S WORD!!! I don't think you should be calling other people ignorant when your book is FULL of inconsistencies and you've only bothered to read the selected sections that fit with your world view. Also, I hope you don't eat swine or wear cotton and linen together, you might be smote.

Isn't there something about eating seafood aswell in the 10 commandments? I'll be checking diaries!!!!
    That's not in the 10 Commandments. :-)

But the 10 Commandments are the only pasrt of the Old Testament Christians have to follow, I'm told. They ignore the rest. Something about a new covenent.

The New Covenant effectively invalidated the entire Old Testament.
    EXCEPT for Adam and Eve and the Ten Commandments.
  • rml_16
    Options
    what is wrong with white sugar?

you realize you could of had same results with a 500 calorie per day deficit and not torturing yourself for 21 days..additionally, most of what was lost was more than likely water weight..just saying..

but good luck to you in keeping it off...
    In all serousness, she did it for spiritual reasons, not weight loss. It was just a side effect. And 5 pounds in three weeks isn't a huge rate of loss. I doubt she only lost water weight.

I kinda feel bad for the OP. Bu tthat rape and sex trade comment ...
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    sense.jpg
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    It's ok...ignorant people say stupid things. If you believe in God and the bible (and you can't say you believe in God if you dont believe his word), then you know what happened to Daniel in the Lions Den and why, you know what fasting means and why we do it, you know what sexual impurity is and what it means, you know what Gd says about marriage and sex before marriage. If you dont know, then you're ignorant. If you want to know, go read the WORD! If you don't want to know, then don't ask. The sad thing is that you want to know, but you don't like the answer because it doesnt sit well with your soul, and it means having to raise your standards and be responsible with the truth you've been given (God's word), but that would just be too much for you and so you take to sarcasm and slander in order to make yourself feel better. Good luck with that.

The Bible also says that if I get raped I am required to marry my rapist or be put to death, and if I'm married and my husband dies I have to marry his brother. GOD'S WORD!!! I don't think you should be calling other people ignorant when your book is FULL of inconsistencies and you've only bothered to read the selected sections that fit with your world view. Also, I hope you don't eat swine or wear cotton and linen together, you might be smote.

Isn't there something about eating seafood aswell in the 10 commandments? I'll be checking diaries!!!!

But the 10 Commandments are the only pasrt of the Old Testament Christians have to follow, I'm told. They ignore the rest. Something about a new covenent.

I will have to check scripture before I agree or disagree. I was under the impression that the New Covenant supercedes the 10 Commandments.
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options

Im thinking of Leviticus 11:9-12

I don't think the pure and chastened are reading this anymore
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

you realize you could of had same results with a 500 calorie per day deficit and not torturing yourself for 21 days..additionally, most of what was lost was more than likely water weight..just saying..

In all serousness, she did it for spiritual reasons, not weight loss. It was just a side effect. And 5 pounds in three weeks isn't a huge rate of loss. I doubt she only lost water weight.

I kinda feel bad for the OP. Bu tthat rape and sex trade comment ...

oh, it was kind of hard to read that block of text...I assume since it was on the success story thread that it was done to lose weight..whoops...
  • rml_16
    Options

I will have to check scripture before I agree or disagree. I was under the impression that the New Covenant supercedes the 10 Commandments.
    According to people who post right her on the MFP boards, this is the case. And they know everything.
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    oh..and in...for the derail and forthcoming lockdown...

IN

trainwreck-o.gif
  • ParisMun
    Options
    It would lower teen pregnancy rate as well as lower the amount of tax dollars going into helping this teen. It would also prevent STDs from spreading.... The only way their personal life would affect the community is through the amount of governmental support (tax dollars)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

And Charlton Heston
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

And Charlton Heston

And Noah.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    It would lower teen pregnancy rate as well as lower the amount of tax dollars going into helping this teen. It would also prevent STDs from spreading.... The only way their personal life would affect the community is through the amount of governmental support (tax dollars)

Abstinence only sex education and practice certainly has a stunning track record on teen pregnancies!
  • whierd
    Options

According to pepole who post right her on the MFP boards, this is the case. And they know everything.

I am usually impressed when a Christian even knows about the New Covenant tbh. They largely do not know or understand their own Scripture.
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    jpicsexiaduvysym3hmm.gif

Yikes. That's all I have to say.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

I kinda feel bad for the OP. But tthat rape and sex trade comment ...

Yep.....that's about where the whole thread went pear shaped.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
  • whierd
    Options

No it wouldnt, lol.

Sex education is a better way to prevent those things, along with more readily available sexual health services.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Ah. From the Daniel Fast, to religion, and to the world wide slave trade in less than 2 pages. MFP delivers.

popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!