"the Daniel fast"... and what it did for me...

Options

Replies

• pryncess518
    pryncess518 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In the beginning of the year I too did the Daniel fast and I did it for God as well and to start of the new year giving God thanks. I dont recall loosing much weight but my stomach shrunk sooo much. I'm thinking about doing it again next month for God. The first week I wanted chicken wings sooo badly but i did not eat any meat or any meat products. I felt great.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Interesting. i'll check it out. Doubt I'll be able to do it, since my other half (who is also the cook in the house) isn't a Christian and wouldn't go for it, but congrats on being able to do that! That takes a lot more discipline and effort than I can imagine. NO COFFEE?? :sad: :sad:
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Please explain why it would make a difference to you if more people abstained from sex before marriage. I am not condemning nor condoning; just wondering how it would affect you either way.

less chance of unwanted pregnancy??

And how is that HER problem?

Since I live in the US.
    We have this thing called welfare, in which I get taxed, so someone else can be subsidized to put food on their table or a roof over their head.

Not to mention I am still waiting to see how Obamacare shakes out in regards to abortions.

so if you wish to ruin a forum and get political, I guess we can.....

For what it's worth, not everyone who has sex before marriage ends up on welfare or pregnant? She wasn't getting political, she was just pointing out that if someone has sex before marriage, it doesn't necessarily affect you.

Anyways, back on to the original point of the thread:

I totally applaud the OP for wanting to wait for marriage and honor God. She's stronger than probably 90% of the people that claim to be Christians (myself included, to be perfectly honest!). Keep it up, OP.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    This is want to do this. I have wanted to fast for spiritual reasons more than weight loss and I have not even thought of the Daniel Fast! Perfect! Thank you for sharing this!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, not everyone who has sex before marriage ends up on welfare or pregnant? She wasn't getting political, she was just pointing out that if someone has sex before marriage, it doesn't necessarily affect you.

I totally applaud the OP for wanting to wait for marriage and honor God. She's stronger than probably 90% of the people that claim to be Christians (myself included, to be perfectly honest!). Keep it up, OP.

Yes you are correct....
    I had no desire to go political, I was just responding to another posters question.....
    So yes if people have kids, and do go on welfare....well I see that as a concern of mine, since I am paying taxes.

And like I said, I am waiting to see how things go regarding abortions and Obamacare......

So I initially responded with a sarcastic response to another poster.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    First I want to applaud you on your commitment to God! It is an amazing thing! Also I applaud you on your commitment to being pure until marriage. I wish more people would take tha route you have taken! Finally, congrats on the weight loss!! It's GREAT!

Remember, Greater is HE that is in you than he that is in the world!!!!!

P.S. Might I suggest the book Made to Crave by Lysa TerKhurst! Changed my LIFE!!!

P.S.S. Friend request sent!

Please explain why it would make a difference to you if more people abstained from sex before marriage. I am not condemning nor condoning; just wondering how it would affect you either way.

Me too.
  • socajam
    Options
    In the beginning of the year I too did the Daniel fast and I did it for God as well and to start of the new year giving God thanks. I dont recall loosing much weight but my stomach shrunk sooo much. I'm thinking about doing it again next month for God. The first week I wanted chicken wings sooo badly but i did not eat any meat or any meat products. I felt great.

You mean you are doing it for yourself. How is this helping God?
  • summerlinangel3
    Options
    I am proud of you and your boyfriend for wanting to stay pure until your marriage, but the one who is most please with the two of you is God! I have done the Daniel Diet many times and it gets easier each time you do it. Although most people does lose weight while on this fast, its not the reason for doing it. Keep your faith and I will pray with you as well that God will give you and your boyfriend the strength to stay faithful and true to Him. God bless both of you.
  • socajam
    Options

less chance of unwanted pregnancy??

And how is that HER problem?

Since I live in the US.
    We have this thing called welfare, in which I get taxed, so someone else can be subsidized to put food on their table or a roof over their head.

Not to mention I am still waiting to see how Obamacare shakes out in regards to abortions.

so if you wish to ruin a forum and get political, I guess we can.....

How is she honoring God by not having sex before marriage? You mean she is showing more respect for herself. That's your assumption that she is stronger than 90% of the people who claim to be Christians. Are you in her head?
  • socajam
    Options
    I've done the Daniel Fast a few times. It's amazing what God will do in your life when you honor the fasts that He calls you to. I think it is absolutely wonderful that you and your boyfriend have decided to wait in purity for your marriage. It will help your marriage immensely!

Fasting is a great time to cleanse your body of all the junk, all the toxins we stick in ourselves on a daily basis.

Great job! Props for posting!

"It will help your marriage immensely!" Really and your proof is?
  • socajam
    Options
    I had the hardest time reading that huge block of text. Can you next please pray for some punctuation, paragraph structure, caps lock etiquette, and less smiley usage?

Exactly, guess the OP is waiting on God to help her with your request.
  • socajam
    Options
    If everyone abstained from sex before marriage then the 20 million slaves used in the sex trade could be free. There wouldn't be rapings all over the world.
    It might not make much of a difference individually, but I personally believe the world would be a better place if everyone just had one sexual partner.

You got to be kidding with this comment. I guess you have not been reading the news over the couple of months in countries where sex before marriage is not allowed. Why do you think that rape is so high in the country in question, and that is just one country.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Soca give it a rest
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If everyone abstained from sex before marriage then the 20 million slaves used in the sex trade could be free. There wouldn't be rapings all over the world.
    It might not make much of a difference individually, but I personally believe the world would be a better place if everyone just had one sexual partner.

Dafuq did I just read? There is no amount of drugs that could make sense of that.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

You are really going to draw a parallel between the sex slave trade and sex before marriage?

Really?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Also, OP, there are various religious MFP groups you may consider joining. I think this post may have been better suited to one of those groups.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

You are really going to draw a parallel between the sex slave trade and sex before marriage?

Really?

And rape. Seriously. Rape isn't willing consent and so what are you saying? If someone chose just one victim it'd be okay? ugh. I can't..even.....just.....:angry:
  • carashirley
    carashirley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Okay guys, lets all calm down for a second! Lol! It is my personal belief that abstinence is the best policy for many reasons. It could help end STD's, unwed Teen mom's, many people on welfare...but as a Christian it is my personal conviction that sex outside of marriage is against God. So seeing someone honoring God by keeping His word makes me happy. Not just with abstinence, but with many other areas of life. Now what others choose to do is their business & must be based on their own convictions. I'm not judging anyone for making their own decisions and exercising their own free will....God did give us that afterall.

edited for grammatical errors
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Oh... this is gonna go well.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Ah. From the Daniel Fast, to religion, and to the world wide slave trade in less than 2 pages. MFP delivers.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!