"the Daniel fast"... and what it did for me...

Options

Replies

• castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    If everyone abstained from sex before marriage then the 20 million slaves used in the sex trade could be free. There wouldn't be rapings all over the world.

This has to be one the most unfounded statements I've ever seen online. Please, go and do your research about sexual slavery, discover the vast proliferation of brothels in every 'Christian' country in the many centuries preceding the present, read about the historic and present-day use of rape as a weapon of war, among other things, and realise that a moral stance about sex outside of marriage would do absolutely NOTHING to limit or control sexual violence or coercion, as proved by thousands of years' continuity, even under the strictest moral regimes. Your statements demean and devalue the hideous experience of hundreds of thousands of victims of trafficking, of poverty, and of assault. I am left to hope that naivete, and not malice is the cause.

Re. the OP - can anyone tell me why coffee, white sugar and fruit juice - all made from the "fruits of the land" - are banned under this fast? I'm fairly sure the Old Testament population didn't eschew fruit!
  • Janice2Shakira
    Options
    If everyone abstained from sex before marriage then the 20 million slaves used in the sex trade could be free. There wouldn't be rapings all over the world.

Lol wut?
    I can't even pretend to follow this logic. Is that what they are saying at bible camp nowadays?
    Wouldn't it be the other way round? If sex was available cheaply and plentifully and we didn't have this ridiculous stigma attached to it, then surely rates of rape would reduce.

Or am I missing something?

This.
    Seriously.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    In Biblical times, once you had sex with the person you were espoused to (engaged to) that was how you became married in God's eyes. There were no licenses, elaborate ceremonies or anything like today's traditions. Today it is the same. When you have sex with somebody you are spiritually marrying them.

Nowadays I do believe it wise for couples to make the commitment to abstain only because if things don't go well during an engagement at least you can leave the relationship without having had that "next level bond" so to speak.

Anyways, I applaud the Daniel Fast and I am going to try it. All technicalities aside, if it worked it worked!

Congrats on your weight loss!

Do I get spiritual alimony from all those partners, then?

You must be spiritually wealthy!

Can I spiritually pay off my credit card?

With your past, I bet you could pay off everyone's!

Are you calling her a harlot?

Her bare arms speak for themselves!
  • MistyEE
    Options

Surely, You jest...lol
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Same reasons, I suspect.

But if you want to argue, we can do that.

I'm not particularly interested in investing my time, frankly. I simply take exception to your suggestion that only men commit rape.

You could find plenty of research showing that if prostitution was legal in the US, rape rates would reduce by about 25%. But I guess some on this thread wouldn't want to hear that, so I'll respectfully bow out.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Same reasons, I suspect.

But if you want to argue, we can do that.

I'm not particularly interested in investing my time, frankly. I simply take exception to your suggestion that only men commit rape.

You could find plenty of research showing that if prostitution was legal in the US, rape rates would reduce by about 25%. But I guess some on this thread wouldn't want to hear that, so I'll respectfully bow out.
    So you DO want to argue!
  • jennywenny11
    Options
    Wow! God grace with it all.xx
  • whierd
    Options

Surely, You jest...lol

Just what?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    In Biblical times, once you had sex with the person you were espoused to (engaged to) that was how you became married in God's eyes. There were no licenses, elaborate ceremonies or anything like today's traditions. Today it is the same. When you have sex with somebody you are spiritually marrying them.

Nowadays I do believe it wise for couples to make the commitment to abstain only because if things don't go well during an engagement at least you can leave the relationship without having had that "next level bond" so to speak.

Anyways, I applaud the Daniel Fast and I am going to try it. All technicalities aside, if it worked it worked!

Only spiritually, though. I need to figure out how to get my spiritual prostitution payments to be actual. Would going to church help?
  • firstsip
    Options

Surely, You jest...lol

He's not jesting. And don't call him Shirley.
  • MistyEE
    Options

I'm not particularly interested in investing my time, frankly.

Please stop spewing from the mouth.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options

Lol wut?
    I can't even pretend to follow this logic. Is that what they are saying at bible camp nowadays?
    Wouldn't it be the other way round? If sex was available cheaply and plentifully and we didn't have this ridiculous stigma attached to it, then surely rates of rape would reduce.

Or am I missing something?

This.
    Seriously.
    edit
  • whierd
    Options

Only spiritually, though. I need to figure out how to get my spiritual prostitution payments to be actual. Would going to church help?

Start going to church and stop consuming alcohol. It is all about sacrifice.
  • MistyEE
    Options

Surely, You jest...lol

He's not jesting. And don't call him Shirley.
    LOL - you got me!

But are you serious about not jesting?
  • ladypitek
    ladypitek Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It might not make much of a difference individually, but I personally believe the world would be a better place if everyone just had one sexual partner.

I haven't heard anything quite this ridiculous all day long. And I was reading a facebook page about Illuminati earlier so that's really saying something! I really don't understand why other peoples' choices are affecting you in any way. If someone else wants to have sex before marriage WHY is that any of anyone else's business? Especially if they're using birth control and don't have one of these "unwanted" babies that are imposing so much on your own life? I wish people would just live their own lives and stop meddling in everyone else's.
  • firstsip
    Options

Start going to church and stop consuming alcohol. It is all about sacrifice.

Don't get crazy, here. There's wine at Catholic churches.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Please explain why it would make a difference to you if more people abstained from sex before marriage. I am not condemning nor condoning; just wondering how it would affect you either way.

less chance of unwanted pregnancy??

Um, condoms and birth control can do that too.....just sayin
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    But... Daniel ate this way for 3 years or more, didn't he (Daniel 1)? His second fast (Daniel 10) was only 21 days. Don't you need to do the 3 year one before the 21 day one???

PS - love that the Daniel Fast website is selling a program called the "Daniel Fast for Financial Breakthrough". Yeah, fasting to make money makes sense to me.
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Waiting for the 4th horseman of this thread.
  • mandyhealth
    mandyhealth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!