"the Daniel fast"... and what it did for me...

Options

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Was this before or after becoming a eunuch?
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    If everyone abstained from sex before marriage then the 20 million slaves used in the sex trade could be free. There wouldn't be rapings all over the world.

Wouldn't it be the other way round? If sex was available cheaply and plentifully and we didn't have this ridiculous stigma attached to it, then surely rates of rape would reduce.

Or am I missing something?

You're both wrong. I don't think God would approve of all this simplified rhetoric regarding rape and the sex trade.
  • MistyEE
    Options
    Waiting for the 4th horseman of this thread.

Any hints?
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    But... Daniel ate this way for 3 years or more, didn't he (Daniel 1)? His second fast (Daniel 10) was only 21 days. Don't you need to do the 3 year one before the 21 day one???

PS - love that the Daniel Fast website is selling a program called the "Daniel Fast for Financial Breakthrough". Yeah, fasting to make money makes sense to me.

You mean if I fast, I'll get monies?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    so I'm late to this party but... are you saying that you can only have the fruits of the lands on this fast? what about your boyfriend's fruits of the lands i.e. his stream? is that ok?

I guess you don't understand the word "eunuch".
  • awlosing30
    awlosing30 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It's ok...ignorant people say stupid things. If you believe in God and the bible (and you can't say you believe in God if you dont believe his word), then you know what happened to Daniel in the Lions Den and why, you know what fasting means and why we do it, you know what sexual impurity is and what it means, you know what Gd says about marriage and sex before marriage. If you dont know, then you're ignorant. If you want to know, go read the WORD! If you don't want to know, then don't ask. The sad thing is that you want to know, but you don't like the answer because it doesnt sit well with your soul, and it means having to raise your standards and be responsible with the truth you've been given (God's word), but that would just be too much for you and so you take to sarcasm and slander in order to make yourself feel better. Good luck with that.

OP - Obviously, you did something right! It worked and praise God for it!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    In Biblical times, once you had sex with the person you were espoused to (engaged to) that was how you became married in God's eyes. There were no licenses, elaborate ceremonies or anything like today's traditions. Today it is the same. When you have sex with somebody you are spiritually marrying them.

Nowadays I do believe it wise for couples to make the commitment to abstain only because if things don't go well during an engagement at least you can leave the relationship without having had that "next level bond" so to speak.

Anyways, I applaud the Daniel Fast and I am going to try it. All technicalities aside, if it worked it worked!

Congrats on your weight loss!

Do I get spiritual alimony from all those partners, then?

You must be spiritually wealthy!

Can I spiritually pay off my credit card?

With your past, I bet you could pay off everyone's!

Are you calling her a harlot?

Only spiritually, though. I need to figure out how to get my spiritual prostitution payments to be actual. Would going to church help?

Start going to church and stop consuming alcohol. It is all about sacrifice.

Don't get crazy, here. There's wine at Catholic churches.
    Catholics are heathens!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    In Biblical times, once you had sex with the person you were espoused to (engaged to) that was how you became married in God's eyes. There were no licenses, elaborate ceremonies or anything like today's traditions. Today it is the same. When you have sex with somebody you are spiritually marrying them.

Nowadays I do believe it wise for couples to make the commitment to abstain only because if things don't go well during an engagement at least you can leave the relationship without having had that "next level bond" so to speak.

Anyways, I applaud the Daniel Fast and I am going to try it. All technicalities aside, if it worked it worked!

Only spiritually, though. I need to figure out how to get my spiritual prostitution payments to be actual. Would going to church help?

It is spiritually transmuted into blood.

If I spill wine does that mean I have blood on my hands?
  • ladymiseryali
    Options
    so I'm late to this party but... are you saying that you can only have the fruits of the lands on this fast? what about your boyfriend's fruits of the lands i.e. his stream? is that ok?

His urine or his swimmers?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

Oooh good question!
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options

It depends...did you spill it on your hands?
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    All before noon! Oh my Cthulu, you guys are good.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

His urine or his swimmers?

not his urine no. OP knows what I'm talking about. :wink:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

PS - love that the Daniel Fast website is selling a program called the "Daniel Fast for Financial Breakthrough". Yeah, fasting to make money makes sense to me.

Is it also sponsored by Whole Foods?
  • ladymiseryali
    Options
    It's ok...ignorant people say stupid things. If you believe in God and the bible (and you can't say you believe in God if you dont believe his word),

That's incredibly ignorant and insulting of you to say. The "word of god" was written by men. Also, there are plenty of religions that have a deity, but not a "bible" of some sort. Unless you're basically saying that your god is the only one that exists, therefore once again being very insulting towards those who have a different belief system than you do.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

But what if I wash my hands after? Does that make me Pontius Pilate?
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I need a coffee before I even attempt to follow this thread but fasting > sex before marriage and welfare recipients (cause of course they go hand in hand) > sex slave trade > ????

Heavy for a Monday, but IN
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

You killed Jesus?
  • ladypitek
    ladypitek Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It's ok...ignorant people say stupid things. If you believe in God and the bible (and you can't say you believe in God if you dont believe his word), then you know what happened to Daniel in the Lions Den and why, you know what fasting means and why we do it, you know what sexual impurity is and what it means, you know what Gd says about marriage and sex before marriage. If you dont know, then you're ignorant. If you want to know, go read the WORD! If you don't want to know, then don't ask. The sad thing is that you want to know, but you don't like the answer because it doesnt sit well with your soul, and it means having to raise your standards and be responsible with the truth you've been given (God's word), but that would just be too much for you and so you take to sarcasm and slander in order to make yourself feel better. Good luck with that.

OP - Obviously, you did something right! It worked and praise God for it!

The Bible also says that if I get raped I am required to marry my rapist or be put to death, and if I'm married and my husband dies I have to marry his brother. GOD'S WORD!!! I don't think you should be calling other people ignorant when your book is FULL of inconsistencies and you've only bothered to read the selected sections that fit with your world view. Also, I hope you don't eat swine or wear cotton and linen together, you might be smote.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

If you can't get them clean, you could be Lady MacBeth.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!