"the Daniel fast"... and what it did for me...

Options

Replies

• babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Wasnt Daniel thrown into a pit of lions?

youwin.gif
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If everyone abstained from sex before marriage then the 20 million slaves used in the sex trade could be free. There wouldn't be rapings all over the world.

Wouldn't it be the other way round? If sex was available cheaply and plentifully and we didn't have this ridiculous stigma attached to it, then surely rates of rape would reduce.

Or am I missing something?
    Yes and no. Rape is about power and control, not sex.

Men don't rape because sex is unavailable. Sex is very available. Rape still happens.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Should have ran "faster" :wink:

Vegan lion IMO
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    If everyone abstained from sex before marriage then the 20 million slaves used in the sex trade could be free. There wouldn't be rapings all over the world.
    It might not make much of a difference individually, but I personally believe the world would be a better place if everyone just had one sexual partner.

I'm SOOOO sorry women of the world.......that by choosing to be sexually active, I have allowed the sex slave trade and the rapists to flourish...

I'll stop being sexually independent now.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    In Biblical times, once you had sex with the person you were espoused to (engaged to) that was how you became married in God's eyes. There were no licenses, elaborate ceremonies or anything like today's traditions. Today it is the same. When you have sex with somebody you are spiritually marrying them.

Nowadays I do believe it wise for couples to make the commitment to abstain only because if things don't go well during an engagement at least you can leave the relationship without having had that "next level bond" so to speak.

Anyways, I applaud the Daniel Fast and I am going to try it. All technicalities aside, if it worked it worked!

Congrats on your weight loss!

Do I get spiritual alimony from all those partners, then?
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

yes, he ate all the *kitten* that the lions wouldn't eat.
  • MistyEE
    Options
    Wow....Just.WOW.
  • whierd
    Options
    In Biblical times, once you had sex with the person you were espoused to (engaged to) that was how you became married in God's eyes. There were no licenses, elaborate ceremonies or anything like today's traditions. Today it is the same. When you have sex with somebody you are spiritually marrying them.

Nowadays I do believe it wise for couples to make the commitment to abstain only because if things don't go well during an engagement at least you can leave the relationship without having had that "next level bond" so to speak.

Anyways, I applaud the Daniel Fast and I am going to try it. All technicalities aside, if it worked it worked!

You must be spiritually wealthy!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Fasting for spiritual reasons, fine.

For weight loss, not so much. Be prepared for the weight to come right back on when you eat normally again, just like with any very low cal diet.
  • susan32958
    susan32958 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes, he was, and the lion didn't touch him...
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Can I spiritually pay off my credit card?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Daniel was likely a eunuch, never married and had no children.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I did this diet about 3 years ago. I was actually having double vision and a friend suggested this diet. I lost weight AND my vision was completely restored. Thanks for the reminder I am going to get on this again.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Men don't rape because sex is unavailable.

So why do women rape then?
  • cynthiah24
    Options
    lol.. wow
  • whierd
    Options

With your past, I bet you could pay off everyone's!
  • MistyEE
    Options

Because 3 controversial topics wasn't enough....
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Same reasons, I suspect.

But if you want to argue, we can do that.
  • whierd
    Options

Same reasons as men.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

With your past, I bet you could pay off everyone's!

Are you calling her a harlot?
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!