"the Daniel fast"... and what it did for me...

Options

Replies

• TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a group home with delinquent teen boys.

I had that job! But it was girls.

Oh, the stories I have.

But then, a lot of adults behaved idiotically, too. It was lovely the night cops came by at 10 p.m. and served a warrant on one of our mist difficult (and LARGE) girls on one of the very few nights she actually went easily and qiestly to bed and was asleep. And we couldn't lock them in anywhere, either.

Then the cops sat in their cars with the lights going right behind her bedroom for a good hour.

I worked at the girls' home shortly before I left, but I enjoyed the boys a lot more. the girls were too crafty and two-faced. the boys were not good at hiding anything, particularly their feelings -- if they hated you they let you know.

as for the adults.... the reason I left the job was because of the way the home was run (of course to a lesser degree, the pay). the adults were so worried about each other and the staff that they paid almost no attention to the kids. staff turnover was so high we had a new employee every week (and people were fired over things like burning muffins, I'm NOT joking). it was ridiculous, petty, and complete mayhem. I used to say to the kids, "even adults act stupid. look around and watch for who's making bad decisions. your job is to do what you need to do even when life is unfair. this place is going to be great for teaching you that."
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It's ok...ignorant people say stupid things. If you believe in God and the bible (and you can't say you believe in God if you dont believe his word), then you know what happened to Daniel in the Lions Den and why, you know what fasting means and why we do it, you know what sexual impurity is and what it means, you know what Gd says about marriage and sex before marriage. If you dont know, then you're ignorant. If you want to know, go read the WORD!

bird_is_the_word.gif

Allah?

Torah?

Buddha?

Cheesecake?

Strippers?

Would someone please clue me in on this word? Please???? :sad:

42...oh wait, that's a number..... ---> Forty-two. Fixed it!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If everyone abstained from sex before marriage then the 20 million slaves used in the sex trade could be free. There wouldn't be rapings all over the world.
    It might not make much of a difference individually, but I personally believe the world would be a better place if everyone just had one sexual partner.

Riiiiiight. Because abstaining from sex cures mental disorders. Just check out what abstinence has done for the Catholic church! Also, have you never heard of husbands raping their wives? It IS possible! Is my sarcasm font working?
    Prostitutes get raped all the time,
  • TheSlorax
    Options
    pass out condoms in schools and let's see what happens to the teen pregnancy rate

They did that in a few places and it lowered. I will search for the links to it later. Too much fun reading the other posts right now.

Edited to clarify - not passed out but made them easily available and free.

yup, that is what I meant. passed out would mean they would be made into balloon animals as whierd said. I meant more along the lines of, take the shame and stigma away from sex so that it can be done safely.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I don't get that whole "Sweating like a wh*re in church" thing. I sweat the same when I am in a church as I do when I am in the grocery store.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    If everyone abstained from sex before marriage then the 20 million slaves used in the sex trade could be free. There wouldn't be rapings all over the world.
    It might not make much of a difference individually, but I personally believe the world would be a better place if everyone just had one sexual partner.

I have no words, so...

pffft_zpsc90e218d.gif
  • rml_16
    Options
    as for the adults.... the reason I left the job was because of the way the home was run (of course to a lesser degree, the pay). the adults were so worried about each other and the staff that they paid almost no attention to the kids. staff turnover was so high we had a new employee every week (and people were fired over things like burning muffins, I'm NOT joking). it was ridiculous, petty, and complete mayhem
    Yikes! It wasn't quite that bad where I was. The biggest issues were that the supervisors and social workers spent as little possible time with the kids as they could get away with. A lot of the social workers didn't even know the names of the kids they were supposed to be advocating for and it wasn't that big of a place! I think they each had 14-16 girls on their plate.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I would say this thread has been officially "derailed" ....
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

Hmmm, I don't want to get married - does that mean I can never have sex?

*&@) that :angry:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

zzzzz-45580225576.jpeg
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

I have no words, so...

pffft_zpsc90e218d.gif

so sex before marriage leads to sex slavery ...interesting hypothesis....

Right, and if we all had one sexual partner there would be no wars, poverty, floods, famine, etc...and there would be rainbows everywhere and raspberry ketones really would burn body fat and increase muscle mass....and we could fly on Unicorns to the moon...
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I had the hardest time reading that huge block of text. Can you next please pray for some punctuation, paragraph structure, caps lock etiquette, and less smiley usage?

I wish there was a place we could report *kitten* and them kicked off MFP. So sick of these people. It's ruining my otherwise sunny disposition.

Gets upset at supposed "*kitten*" but then says something not really nice either......

Seems legit
  • TheSlorax
    Options
    I had the hardest time reading that huge block of text. Can you next please pray for some punctuation, paragraph structure, caps lock etiquette, and less smiley usage?

I wish there was a place we could report *kitten* and get them kicked off MFP. So sick of these people. It's ruining my otherwise sunny disposition.

I wish there was a place people could download a sense of humor. or even a "sunny disposition."
  • rml_16
    Options

I wish there was a place we could report *kitten* and them kicked off MFP. So sick of these people. It's ruining my otherwise sunny disposition.

Gets upset at supposed "*kitten*" but then says something not really nice either......

Seems legit
    Don't tell her about the report function ...
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

Seems legit

Points out irony of posters content and then uses common catch phrase.....

#Skeptical
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    In because I'm shocked this thread hasn't been locked yet.....
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Much more interesting that work today.

Carry on.........
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Seems legit

Points out irony of posters content and then uses common catch phrase.....

#Skeptical

:tongue: :tongue: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

I wish there was a place we could report *kitten* and get them kicked off MFP. So sick of these people. It's ruining my otherwise sunny disposition.

I wish there was a place people could download a sense of humor. or even a "sunny disposition."

:heart:
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options

^ Okay, reported.

Seriously though,

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzOyOP2Z7hmQBWEX_JXK93r906NmXRrI6Uqq_65YrvDzcCYbJZMA
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

I wish there was a place we could report a**holes and get them kicked off MFP. So sick of these people. It's ruining my otherwise sunny disposition. All some people do is read posts and look for places to pick fights. You guys are bullies and you should just keep it to yourselves.

Maybe the a**holes would want to report you and have you kicked off MFP for not being very rational.

Your sunny disposition must be very low if having people state their opinion affects you this badly.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!