Be honest with me...

Options

Replies

• salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I'm still not understanding why the OP is asking this question. It sounds like she has decided to get it and doesn't want to hear that others don't like this type of piercing............ so why does she care if someone thinks she looks like a pig? Which btw "pig" has never come to my mind when I've seen this piercing on other women.

I'm so confused as to what the question really is........
  • spookiefox
    spookiefox Posts: 215 Member
    Options

See, if you honestly don't care what they think you don't care if they think you look like a pig. I HONESTLY don't care what people think, and I never choose not to pierce, tattoo or otherwise change (or not change) something based on what anyone else thinks about it. If I wanted a septum piercing I could care less if people thought I look like a pig, cow, or fat girl with a septum piercing. And I like and wear crocs too, Sometimes with yoga pants. While riding my motorcycle.

And if you're asking about the appearance of something people will feel free to tell you. That's why I don't ask.

But I DO care. Well, I care NOT to hear "oink, oink" from some random *kitten*. I don't care if someone LIKES it, but I would be lying if I said that wouldn't hurt to hear an "oink" from someone....even though I know I shouldn't...its human nature and I'm not that tough...I think that is valid.

It is valid. As long as you don't keep insisting you don't care. You can tell the people who really don't care. They wear crocs, for one thing. Rebellion and tats and piercings don't make you an individual, being secure enough to do what you really like and not care if they say "oink" does.

Wow. I never claimed I feel like an individual because I have tattoos, I'm not that girl. Everyone and their brother has tattoos, it doesn't make anyone who has them special. Do they make me feel good, yeah, confident, yeah, special or individual...no.

You are twisting my words with the "don't care" thing. I'm not that girl saying "I don't care what anyone thinks about anything." Not at all. All I said is I don't care if someone likes it or not, that is perfectly ok...I do care about getting my feelings hurt by some meanie who gets their jollies by calling me a pig. That is all...

No one can hurt your feelings without your permission. Don't give them permission.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Which btw "pig" has never come to my mind when I've seen this piercing on other women.

I was wondering the same until I saw the picture of Tess Munster people keep posting. The key is probably to not dress in a pig outfit. I'd guess avoiding a full circle ring would lower the potential for livestock references too.

Edit: I guess that's a cat outfit? The thread topic plus pink made me think pig. :p
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I'm still not understanding why the OP is asking this question. It sounds like she has decided to get it and doesn't want to hear that others don't like this type of piercing............ so why does she care if someone thinks she looks like a pig? Which btw "pig" has never come to my mind when I've seen this piercing on other women.

I'm so confused as to what the question really is........

She wanted to know if people would think SHE looked like a pig if she got one. She did not want to know if people liked/disliked the piercing in general, which was a lot of the answers she received.
    Which btw "pig" has never come to my mind when I've seen this piercing on other women.

I was wondering the same until I saw the picture of Tess Munster people keep posting. The key is probably to not dress in a pig outfit. I'd guess avoiding a full circle ring would lower the potential for livestock references too.

Edit: I guess that's a cat outfit? The thread topic plus pink made me think pig. :p

Either way, she's one super gorgeous cat/pig. Haha.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Nobody would say that. Besides, isn't it bulls who have the nose ring and not pigs?
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Go for it!!!
  • spookiefox
    spookiefox Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Cliff's Notes of this thread:

"I want your approval to get this piercing. I don't want people to think bad things about me."

"I DON'T NEED YOUR APPROVAL! I DON'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK!"

I just don't want people to think "Damn, she looks like a pig!" I do want the approval that people won't be reminded of a pig when they look at me! So I totally do care what people think of it! I never claimed I didn't....I started this thread to get the feedback.

And then you objected that you didn't like the feedback.

Feedback on a question I didn't ask. Sheesh...all I wanted was a simple answer to MY question. Hindsight...I should have stated that I wasn't interested in personal feelings of the actual piercing....I wasn't trying to start any drama.

Yeah, we fat women in yoga pants and crocs on motorcycles are effing *****es that way. You DO care what people think. That's why you asked, and that's why you're upset about the answers you got.

Oh my. I have aknowledged, like, five times that I do care...never once said I didn't. Just specified what I was curious about and how I didn't need superflous comments about something I didn't ask. I'm not upset, just stating I wasn't looking for opinions on wheter people like the piercing itself. I know people don't like it, my own fiance hates it.

And your panties are quite in a bunch over the crocs comment....

Not actually. But it's the MOST common thing people seem to dislike on people. You used it that way. People who really don't care what people think have no issues with crocs. Yoga pants on fat women is another one.
  • PsychoCygnet
    PsychoCygnet Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Honestly, septum piercings look worse on girls with thin faces IMO. A not-particularly-thin face balances it out well, but it sticks out horribly when there's not much to the face but cheekbones and a piece of metal through the nose.

So don't worry about it. Judging from your avatar photo, you'll be able to wear it well.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I think they make anything or anyone with them look like cattle.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan, regardless of body size.
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    First off from your picture I am going to say your anything but fat so don't even start to think that way... but for the piercing I am not a fan of that type of piercing. I love me some body art but that just isn't for me but everyone is different. I would say do what your heart tells you to do and hey you could always take it out if you don't want it.

I dyed my hair pink and loved it but hated the way people looked at me like I was coocoo so I dyed it back normal... I am such a conformist. lol
  • emmawoolf84
    emmawoolf84 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Anyone who would refer to you as a pig when you have a pierced septum, would probably refer to you as a pig without one. People like that are not worthy of your consideration.

You're lovely, and if you want to modify yourself in this way because it is something you like, then do it.

THIS exactly :flowerforyou:
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Cliff's Notes of this thread:

"I want your approval to get this piercing. I don't want people to think bad things about me."

"I DON'T NEED YOUR APPROVAL! I DON'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK!"

^^^^ThIs
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Haven't read any of the responses for I don't wish for my opinion to be tainted, however after exhaustively perusing your profile pictures. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    It's your body, do what your heart desires :)
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You answered your own question when you acknowledged that you would think it. If you would think it, someone else will. There are *kitten* everywhere, so the chance of someone expressing his/her thoughts on it rudely is a possibility. Whether or not you can handle that is personal. I wouldn't find it worth it, but you might.

If you want to hear what the general public thinks, post a picture of a heavy set woman with that piercing and ask what people think of the look without mentioning that you want it for yourself or mentioning weight.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    OK after all of this I think we deserve to see pictures after you have it done.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I think you should do it! Try not to pay attention to any negative comments. It will look so awesome!...please post a pic.

BTW- I have 6 grandchildren and several tats.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I just really want honest opinions and to know if the general public would think that a fat girl with a septum piercing would trigger "pig" in their head...I would think that, but I'm hypercritical.

If you think that about others, why on earth would you do it to yourself?

Well, like I said, I am hypercritical and I know that is wrong, but that doesn't mean everyone else thinks like I do. I think it looks adorable...but I just KNOW if I seen a fat girl with one, I PERSONALLY would think that...no idea how the general public thinks though...that is why I am asking to see if anyone else happened to reply with "Oh, I totally would have thought that."

So you get the piercing, look in the mirror, and say to yourself, "you look like a pig". Seems like a waste of money and will only lower your self-esteem even more.
    So, if you really want one, wait until you reach your goal weight. Sounds like a good motivation to reach your goal.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options

No one can hurt your feelings without your permission. Don't give them permission.

I'm seriously tryin' hard not to. I have came along way within the past few years, mostly because of my daughter...I don't want to teach her my bad habits. I try not to talk down about myself or anyone in front of her...I would hate for her to let random *kitten* hurt her with words. Just a few weeks ago at work I told a guest no for something and HIS fat drunk *kitten* called me a fat ***** as he walked away and I totally let that hurt me. I wish I was strong enough to NOT give people permission. I like that attitude though, I'll try to adopt that into the things I tell myself to make me stronger!