Your dog

Options
15678911»

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Another run, another stupid f*cking owner letting his wild-*kitten* dog run up to me like he was going to attack me. If your dog tends to run out of the yard and chase people, here's an idea - keep it on a f*cking leash or chain, or in a fenced in yard.

and heres another one, run faster and carry treats, also fog horn(if fido scares you). i have this happen now and again when we run.. we being my dog(dogs if im at my mums) but you know what it dosent bother me... i carry treats and a bigg *** dog(we live in "town")..... also if your dumb enough to run out in timbuktu like where my mum lives your lucky if its only the dog chasing you and not the owner with a shot gun, or and god forbid an actual wild animal

'Dumb enough to run out in timbuktu'? Trail running is my favorite sport. I'm pretty sure I have been in timbuktu many a time.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Another run, another stupid f*cking owner letting his wild-*kitten* dog run up to me like he was going to attack me. If your dog tends to run out of the yard and chase people, here's an idea - keep it on a f*cking leash or chain, or in a fenced in yard.

I agree with you. I walk my gentle, well-mannered, leashed collie in my neighborhood and have encountered many dogs that people let loose (they just open the door without looking and let them out to pee). We've been charged many times by large dogs.

I've thrown a water bottle at the dogs, screamed at them, and stood over my own dog to keep her from being attacked. I even bought pepper spray but was afraid it would leak in my pocket or I would end up spraying my own dog. I talked to one owner who seems like a nice guy but is one brain cell short of a brain stem and lets his dogs loose again.

If a dog ever bites me or my dog I will call a lawyer and the cops. The law here says you don't have to keep your dog on a leash but it must be under your control -- you cannot allow the dog to charge or menace people on a public sidewalk.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I have pretty much solved any potential problem with loose dogs while I am out running. A stun gun. Snookum wookums will get a reaaallly nice ZAP if they get too close. :bigsmile:
    Be careful...I spray water at dogs that approach me (harmless and it deters them) and had two women, on two separate occasions threaten me with physical harm for being mean to their little babies. One woman actually swung her walking stick back like a baseball bat and was ready to strike me until I said "go ahead, I could really use the money". She walked off screaming profanities at me. Because I sprayed water at her dog who was nipping at my heels. Edit: lol never mind, if you have the zapper no ones gonna mess with you

Things that go zap for 4 legged predators, things that go bang for 2 legged predators.

Not legal here to carry the things that go bang. The zapper works on 2 leggeds. That is what it is really designed for.

I would actually be concerned about a typical zapper working on a dog. However, the kind that shoots the prongs out, yes. But most people probably couldn't get a hit.

I think your county is may-issue.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I have pretty much solved any potential problem with loose dogs while I am out running. A stun gun. Snookum wookums will get a reaaallly nice ZAP if they get too close. :bigsmile:
    Be careful...I spray water at dogs that approach me (harmless and it deters them) and had two women, on two separate occasions threaten me with physical harm for being mean to their little babies. One woman actually swung her walking stick back like a baseball bat and was ready to strike me until I said "go ahead, I could really use the money". She walked off screaming profanities at me. Because I sprayed water at her dog who was nipping at my heels. Edit: lol never mind, if you have the zapper no ones gonna mess with you

I don't care if owners scream at me. And they can't press charges or anything, because they were in the wrong to have their dogs off leash to begin with. And the stun gun won't physically harm their dogs. And yeah, I can always zap the owners if they get too agro. lol

oh the screaming didn't bother me....the threat of bodily harm however, did concern me.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Maybe we would all be better off with the following pet.

Enough-internet-for-today.jpg

Doesn't need to be walked on a leash or let outside much, I think.
  • GetSoda
    Options
    Maybe we would all be better off with the following pet.

Enough-internet-for-today.jpg

Doesn't need to be walked on a leash or let outside much, I think.

Now I want unifries...
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    unipomme frites
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Things that go zap for 4 legged predators, things that go bang for 2 legged predators.

Not legal here to carry the things that go bang. The zapper works on 2 leggeds. That is what it is really designed for.

I would actually be concerned about a typical zapper working on a dog. However, the kind that shoots the prongs out, yes. But most people probably couldn't get a hit.

I don't think you know how the things work if you think the prongs need to 'shoot out'.

All I need is for the dog to close enough to me to touch. Although I really don't want a threatening dog that close to me, I may not have that choice.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    This thread needs to die.
  • GetSoda
    Options

I don't think you know how the things work if you think the prongs need to 'shoot out'.

All I need is for the dog to close enough to me to touch. Although I really don't want a threatening dog that close to me, I may not have that choice.

If it's close enough to touch, it's close enough to bite. Better to bring it down first.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    This thread needs to die.

tumblr_m2tew0RzPE1rnw3n8.gif
  • hookilau
    Options
    resurrecting, but i have to vent.

i was run down by a loose dog while out running the other day.

if you have one and can't keep it under control, keep it leashed or in a fenced in yard.

or, your dog will meet my foot.
    I'm just glad I wasn't my 85# APBT who's fearful of *everything* or the 150# Choc Lab that was my next appointment who's *also* easily startled. That train I wouldn't have been able to stop. :drinker:

and, if you had lost control of those dogs and they came at me, as a runner, instinct would kick in as well as adrenaline and i would have not hesitated to kick them. if you can't control them, perhaps you shouldn't be walking them.

Seriously...if you don't have control over the animal, you should not be subjecting the public to them. That's incredibly irresponsible. The fact that you don't see that as a problem is distressing.

While I thank you for your concern, I don't share it :drinker:

Let me make sure I have this right...you are a dog walker who sees no problem walking a dog that you have no control over? I suspect the people who actually own that dog might find it a concern? And if they don't, I guess they also won't care if that dog gets put down because it bites someone on your watch?

Nope. I just don't care to discuss this with you.
    Shrug.
    tumblr_mjehhicett1rrlcfno10_500.gif
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options

And when that dog latches onto the hand or arm that is holding your tazer causing you to drop it? Then what?
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options

if you have one and can't keep it under control, keep it leashed or in a fenced in yard.

I'm just glad I wasn't my 85# APBT who's fearful of *everything* or the 150# Choc Lab that was my next appointment who's *also* easily startled. That train I wouldn't have been able to stop. :drinker:

and, if you had lost control of those dogs and they came at me, as a runner, instinct would kick in as well as adrenaline and i would have not hesitated to kick them. if you can't control them, perhaps you shouldn't be walking them.

I seriously don't care, good luck if you think you can kick my dog :laugh:
    If your arrogant enough to come running full speed at a stranger, then I hope I don't meet up with the likes of you for your sake. My pepper spray will reach you LONG before the dog does

and how did you come to the conclusion that i'm running full speed at strangers? do you know one single runner who does this? and apparently, they're not even your dogs. you're simply the irresponsible dog walker who can't do your job correctly. your stupidity and outrageous conclusions make you look like a buffoon. if you, or anyone with a loose dog who is chasing me, ever dared spray me with pepper spray for attempting to keep myself from being harmed from a poorly trained and uncontrolled dog running full speed at me , well that's alright because as someone earlier said, i could use the money.
  • hookilau
    Options

I seriously don't care, good luck if you think you can kick my dog :laugh:
    If your arrogant enough to come running full speed at a stranger, then I hope I don't meet up with the likes of you for your sake. My pepper spray will reach you LONG before the dog does

and how did you come to the conclusion that i'm running full speed at strangers? do you know one single runner who does this? and apparently, they're not even your dogs. you're simply the irresponsible dog walker who can't do your job correctly. your stupidity and outrageous conclusions make you look like a buffoon. if you, or anyone with a loose dog who is chasing me, ever dared spray me with pepper spray for attempting to keep myself from being harmed from a poorly trained and uncontrolled dog running full speed at me , well that's alright because as someone earlier said, i could use the money.

This is the oddest, most un-useful thread ever. I don't know you, do you realize that?
    I wasn't referring to you or your situation :noway: I don't even know what you're talking about.
    Unbelievable :laugh:
  • hookilau
    Options

Aside from your tirade, I'm sure you're aware of the rules of this community. You've been around long enough (with better than 700 posts) to know that it's not only insane for blaming me for your personal issues but your strawman argument is kind of lame :blushing:

edited for spelling errors
This discussion has been closed.