Your dog

Replies

• elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Most dog owners, I have come to learn, do not give a rat's *kitten* whether or not you want their dog up in your business. In fact, they will get upset at you for suggesting that their dog should somehow be restrained from going anywhere they want, running after whoever they want, and sniffing wherever they want.

Twice I sprayed water on dogs that approached me...both times the female owners lost their ****, yelled and screamed at me, and physically threatened me. One held her walking stick up as if to hit me, and I stood there looking right at her and said "go for it. I could really use the money" so she did the smart thing and walked away, while yelling at me about what a terrible person I am. The other screamed "if you ever do that again I will take you down!!!" I'm not exaggerating even a tiny bit.
  • The dog is probably thinking the same thing about you. "Damn those f*cking humans always running at my yard and my people."
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Another run, another stupid f*cking owner letting his wild-*kitten* dog run up to me like he was going to attack me. If your dog tends to run out of the yard and chase people, here's an idea - keep it on a f*cking leash or chain, or in a fenced in yard.

i fully support this. it is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. I will not hesitate to defend myself against anyone's dog that jumps on me while I'm running.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    poor dog, stoopid owner!!!

Lazy people should not own pets!!!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    i am with you, have loads of hate towards ****ty dog owners. the world is filled with them, and everyone thinks its not them. lol. just like parents.
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    note to self, must keep my Greater Swiss Mountain Dog on leash...
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    What a ridiculous thread. I run from time to time, and periodically a dog has ran up to me. 99% of the time the dog is just coming up to say Hello. Sure, if it is a super serious run it could be an inconvenience, but I'm not training to win the Boston marathon so it really doesn't bother me, and I like dogs as well so I don't mind saying hello and giving the dog some pats which is what it wants over 99% of the time.

The people on here threatening to harm someone's animal are completely pathetic.
  • What a ridiculous thread. I run from time to time, and periodically a dog has ran up to me. 99% of the time the dog is just coming up to say Hello. Sure, if it is a super serious run it could be an inconvenience, but I'm not training to win the Boston marathon so it really doesn't bother me, and I like dogs as well so I don't mind saying hello and giving the dog some pats which is what it wants over 99% of the time.

The people on here threatening to harm someone's animal are completely pathetic.

As The Crazy Dog Lady, I thank you :)
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    My dog is a big baby... but she stays on a leash if she's not in our fenced in back yard. Safer for her that way. I wouldn't want people hurting her because she's just trying to be friendly.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Another run, another stupid f*cking owner letting his wild-*kitten* dog run up to me like he was going to attack me. If your dog tends to run out of the yard and chase people, here's an idea - keep it on a f*cking leash or chain, or in a fenced in yard.

I doubt that particular owner is going to see your rant. Maybe go knock on his door and tell him about the incident? :flowerforyou:
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    What a ridiculous thread. I run from time to time, and periodically a dog has ran up to me. 99% of the time the dog is just coming up to say Hello. Sure, if it is a super serious run it could be an inconvenience, but I'm not training to win the Boston marathon so it really doesn't bother me, and I like dogs as well so I don't mind saying hello and giving the dog some pats which is what it wants over 99% of the time.

Somewhat you are saying is...you like dogs, therefore I should be ok with a dog I don't know running towards me? No.

Yes most of the time it just wants attention but a) I don't want to touch or be touched or snorted on or licked by dogs I don't know b) that moment when the dog is running at me...I don't know how this dog behaves so it scares me. You might be confident that your pup is a perfect angel who would never hurt a soul, but I don't know that, and you have no control over things, so it's freakin scary.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    I hate taking my two dogs for a walk (on leashes attached to my "Buddy Belt") and having dogs run up to us. Freaks me out... especially the dog down on the corner because I don't know if he's just curious or if he's going to attack. My two dogs are about 14 pounds each, so at least I COULD pick them up if I had to, but it makes me nervous. (We have a fenced backyard for our dogs so they are never out loose.)
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member

Well, you can post about it, or protect yourself. Complaining here won't keep your neighbors' dogs inside.

I don't want to hurt your pet because you failed to care enough to train your dog properly.
    so you're threatening people's dogs what a lovely person you are

If you think I deserve to get bit by your wild animal simply because I had the audacity to run down a city street in front of your house, you are not a lovely person. Grow up and take responsibility for your pet, if your dog will attack me, it will attack a child running down the street, which could be tragic.
  • marniesworld
    marniesworld Posts: 74 Member
    All I know is that if my beasts were to get away from me and come at you, you'd better watch out because you'd be in trouble. They weigh a staggering 4 lbs between them and they mean business.

Ollie.jpg

Toby.jpg

OllieandToby.jpg
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Your mom.

Someone's mom was rude to me, so . . .
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member

agreed

it's a stretch to put this in fitness and exercise topic....should be chit chat
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member

Well, you can post about it, or protect yourself. Complaining here won't keep your neighbors' dogs inside.

I don't want to hurt your pet because you failed to care enough to train your dog properly.
    so you're threatening people's dogs what a lovely person you are

If you think I deserve to get bit by your wild animal simply because I had the audacity to run down a city street in front of your house, you are not a lovely person. Grow up and take responsibility for your pet, if your dog will attack me, it will attack a child running down the street, which could be tragic.
    you seem angry...maybe you need a cookie:flowerforyou:
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Well, there is a huge difference between a dog running up toward you and a dog attacking you, so it is worth mentioning. If you know and are comfortable with dog behavior you'd probably be more comfortable on your runs in neighborhoods with dogs, imho.

I can't decide if it's rude or not. I'd have to see the specific case, the neighborhood, the dog, etc.
  • my dog is always on a leash or lead when outside.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    I really like dogs, but they shouldn't be permitted to run free. It isn't safe for the dogs, and it isn't fair to people who are afraid of dogs.
This discussion has been closed.