Ladies, I need your opinions on birth control!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    When I was on BC I liked Seasonale. Only four periods a year with that one.

I was looking into that. Seems convenient. Any bad reactions to it?

None that I remember. I had lighter, shorter periods on it but lots of cramps. Then again I have those when not on BC, so not sure if it was a side effect.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    I will say that although I am very happy I got off the pill the one thing I do miss was being able to make it so I have period-free vacations.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I actually said "bc is horrible for your body" however most IUDs aren't as bad as pills.
    LMAO

Based on what are you saying this?

I was on the pill for 13 years with no problems whatsoever. I got Mirena and it's wreaked havoc with my body. A year after having it out and I'm STILL dealing with side effects! For me, the pill was MUCH better than the IUD. MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better.
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I loved having the Depo shot, it was so convenient. I was warned by my doctor that the average weight gain the first year is 30 pounds but I was on WW and decided to do it anyway. I ended up LOSING 30 pounds that year. I noticed the first couple weeks after getting the shot every 3 months I would be insatiable but I knew it was the shot and not me and just stuck to my diet and it was fine. I ended up stopping though because Depo doubles your chance for breast cancer!!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Take two aspirin and hold them firmly between your knees. Also, I got 2 kids out of the rhythm method. So there's that. I know someone who has the Implanon 3-year arm implant and hasn't had any problems with it at all. She's had it for 2 years now. Has only had one period in that whole time.

I'm sorry I lied about my vasectomy.
  • daniwalk95
    daniwalk95 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I take the pill and have no problems. My period is about a third shorter than before. I've been using it for two years and I feel fine. My face cleared up some too. Everyone reacts differently.

And buttsex is effective as well... Just saying:wink:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I actually said "bc is horrible for your body" however most IUDs aren't as bad as pills.
    LMAO

Based on what are you saying this?

I was on the pill for 13 years with no problems whatsoever. I got Mirena and it's wreaked havoc with my body. A year after having it out and I'm STILL dealing with side effects! For me, the pill was MUCH better than the IUD. MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better.
    Mirena being ONE type of IUD. But I agree, I had terrible side effects from Mirena's so-called "localized" hormones. Why did I even delude myself into thinking that hormones leeching off plastic into my body would be "localized".
    I crashed when I had it removed (think: post partum) and it took months before I was ovulating again. What a mess.
  • comrade_questions
    comrade_questions Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Took me three or four years to figure out what was right for me, but Loesterin 24 FE is great.

Also, nobody can definitively tell you what is and isn't good for your body when it comes to birth control. Ignore these fools. Five years on birth control and I feel awesome.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Took me three or four years to figure out what was right for me, but Loesterin 24 FE is great.

Also, nobody can definitively tell you what is and isn't good for your body when it comes to birth control. Ignore these fools. Five years on birth control and I feel awesome.
    fools?