• arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    lotta tramps up in here

tramps are my specialty
  • Carissa145
    Carissa145 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm also friends with his sister. Do you think I should ask her? She knows I'm interested in him, but she said she wouldn't tell him.
    Sure, she already knows. She might have some insight on his feeling for you.
    One thing that might make this all really messy... I think his younger brother may be interested in me.....
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I'm also friends with his sister. Do you think I should ask her? She knows I'm interested in him, but she said she wouldn't tell him.

No. No games. No bringing other people into it. No trying to make him jealous. All of these could backfire. Be direct, ask him out on a date. Yes, call it a date. If he says no, then say okay how about we go "wherever" like we always do as friends. If he is really a friend then this shouldn't affect your friendship, you should be able to continue being friends no matter what. But I'd bet he is probably open to the idea of dating.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Just say "hey, I like you. Let's do the sex"

Works everytime.

QFT.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Wooo I'm glad I'm an old fart and dont care anymore. Feel sorry for you kids have all this pressure on you.
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    Options
    If you think letting a guy know you're interested will make you look like a tramp, you need Team Feminism to come knocking.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Sure, she already knows. She might have some insight on his feeling for you.
    One thing that might make this all really messy... I think his younger brother may be interested in me.....

So what grades are y'all in?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    If women would stop thinking they had to be subtle about it and just ask men what they think all the worlds problems would be instantly solved.

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suck at subtle. I suck at indirect communication. If you are interested in me, let me know. SImple enough.

And before you say I don't know if he is interested, ask him. Go straight to the source. It's more reliabel.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    why is putting it out there making you a tramp?

i just say I like you.

it has a life of it's own from there on out.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    most guys are oblivious to flirting, or just idiots in general! unfortunately most women are also "unapproachable"
    if suble flirting doesnt work just grow a lady pair and ask him out... the only way you will look like a tramp is is you say "hey wanna go out then later go up to my bedroom and have fun" <- dont do that!
    "Hey are you busy later, wanna grab a bit to eat at (insert resturant here)" <- not trampish but gets the point across

Sadly, this is the only honest answer you've gotten. I find nothing wrong with being direct. If he doesn't feel the same way, he'll probably just think you're asking as friends.

This is why I didn't like this approach. I assume that because you are already good friends, that you already go eat places together. This won't make an impression on him. It leaves it open to him saying, "That's weird she asked me to go eat in the future. We eat all the time. Maybe she's just really wanting to try that place."

Or maybe if he is wondering abou tyou m this would be added in there: "I wish I knew if she liked me. I am totally into her but don't want to screw things up with our friendship. Ah. I will say yes, and we can each pay for our own, and then it will be safe."
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    Just tell him you are in the market for a new *kitten* buddy and ask if he knows any good applicants...

if this doesnt make her sound like a tramp i'd be shocked!

if having **** buddies makes someone a tramp I am one hell of a tramp

How you doin'?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    maybe I should tell you all that He used to be into this one girl, and he didn't think many knew about it. One of his good friends found out I was interested, and told me that the guy I liked was into someone else. I dropped the girl's name to the guy who I like and he started freaking out about how I knew and he emphatically said it was over with that girl. What do you think this means?

It means its over with that girl

Gosh, I know that, but is there a deeper meaning?

He's a male. There is no deeper meaning.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

Drop subtle hints that you are interested in him. Ask him if he is seeing anyone, what kind of girls does he find attractive or interesting! Just check out if he feels jealous about you..flirt with other guys or just drop hint that you might be attracted to someone else and if he asks lot of questions or acts jealous- ask him upfront why he is behaving that way and if he is interested in you!!

This is the absolute wrong approach for me. I would just write you off as not interested in me, but the other guy you are flirting with, and move on.
  • rtr0013
    Options
    lotta tramps up in here
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    No. No games. No bringing other people into it. No trying to make him jealous. All of these could backfire. Be direct, ask him out on a date. Yes, call it a date. If he says no, then say okay how about we go "wherever" like we always do as friends. If he is really a friend then this shouldn't affect your friendship, you should be able to continue being friends no matter what. But I'd bet he is probably open to the idea of dating.

I can't believe I'm responding to this thread...

But, yeah - the above quote is correct.
  • rtr0013
    Options
    First are you looking for just sex or are you looking to have a "relationship" b/c if you are then you're already going in the right direction b/c you are friends already. I like one of the suggestions about grabbin a bite at a restaurant somewhere...I think the best thing you can do is just be honest with him, he'll respect you more for it IF he's a "good" guy and not a player. O and totally nix that whole "let's do the sex" unless that's what you're looking for... whatever you decide just remember to be up front
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

This.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    If you have been friends for a year, you should be able to tell if he has any interests in you as more than a friend.
    You need to decide if you are better friends or if it is worth wreaking it to try and have a relationship and it doesn't work out.
    Good Luck!
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    maybe I should tell you all that He used to be into this one girl, and he didn't think many knew about it. One of his good friends found out I was interested, and told me that the guy I liked was into someone else. I dropped the girl's name to the guy who I like and he started freaking out about how I knew and he emphatically said it was over with that girl. What do you think this means?

It means its over with that girl

Gosh, I know that, but is there a deeper meaning?

: ) Who knows? If you seriously consider this guy a friend and really want more, then you are going to have to learn to communicate with him at some point. Might as well be now. I cannot count the times that I have built something up in my head to a point where I almost couldn't (or really couldn't) address it. But you know what? With very few exceptions, the times when I just had an honest, direct conversation with someone or about something that really mattered to me, it was completely worth it and usually productive, even when it wasn't the outcome I hoped for.

The things that matter the most can certainly be the hardest, but they have the most valuable payoff as well.

Maybe he's into you and you get your wish. Maybe he's not, but that doesn't have to ruin your friendship. Being honest and talking it out can actually add a layer of depth to a friendship that might be lacking beforehand. And at least you won't be wondering anymore.

Btw, I had a friend many years ago. I had quite a crush on him for about a minute. Then I learned that he is a thousand times better as a friend than as a boyfriend. He has been through many girlfriends, but he is still one of my closest friends and I wouldn't date him if you paid me. You just can't always tell how things are going to turn out, but wondering sucks. And if you set yourself up to always wonder, well, it'll always suck.