Question for the ladies

Options

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I'm also friends with his sister. Do you think I should ask her? She knows I'm interested in him, but she said she wouldn't tell him.

Have her find out whether he's interested in you or someone else.

Oh dear lord.

What's your problem? She said she wanted to be as indirect as possible. If he's straight up uninterested she won't have to waste her time and she will not have made the friendship awkward.

I think you are right. I think it's kinda weird fir the GIRL to ask the GUY out. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

So true,just make sure he knows you will have dinner ready and laundry done when he gets home and all is good. :smile:
  • Carissa145
    Carissa145 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm also friends with his sister. Do you think I should ask her? She knows I'm interested in him, but she said she wouldn't tell him.

Oh dear lord.

What's your problem? She said she wanted to be as indirect as possible. If he's straight up uninterested she won't have to waste her time and she will not have made the friendship awkward.

I think you are right. I think it's kinda weird fir the GIRL to ask the GUY out. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

So true,just make sure he knows you will have dinner ready and laundry done when he gets home and all is good. :smile:

... sarcasm?
  • Carl01
    Options

Oh dear lord.

... sarcasm?

Of course...just pointing out that when ladies cite tradition as the reason they refuse to put themselves in risk of rejection and insist a guy must they seem to shy away from the other traditions of the era.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options

Oh dear lord.

... sarcasm?

Of course...just pointing out that when ladies cite tradition as the reason they refuse to put themselves in risk of rejection and insist a guy must they seem to shy away from the other traditions of the era.

Pfft I'm all for men opening doors for me, pulling my seat out, paying for everything, doing all the DIY, gardening, motor maintance, & anything else I can think of. Possibly why I'm still single :grumble:

OP ask the man out! Or risk becoming a spinster like me :sad:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Oh dear lord.

... sarcasm?

It's not about putting the guy at risk of rejection. It's about the fact that men with balls will go after what they want, specially after being given a subtle green light. I have never had time for men who don't go after what they want. If I have to do the asking he must not want me enough.
    Ps dinner is ready and the second load is in the dryer.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Maybe he is just shy, too. Are you really willing to not get a chance just because you are trying to stick to a way far gone tradition? Just tell him you are wanting to try out a new recipe soon and are hoping he can come by and try it out for you since he seems like such an honest guy.
  • Sarahs2576
    Sarahs2576 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Just simply tell him you find him attractive and you would like to go on a date. Continue by saying that you realize you are good friends and if he thinks exploring where things would be a bad idea that you understand but would still like to remain friends. If he really is a friend he will get past it and you guys can move on as friends. Don't "FRIENDZONE" yourself forever and hold onto something that isn't there because you don't have the courage to at least ask and find out.
  • Carissa145
    Options
    Maybe he is just shy, too. Are you really willing to not get a chance just because you are trying to stick to a way far gone tradition? Just tell him you are wanting to try out a new recipe soon and are hoping he can come by and try it out for you since he seems like such an honest guy.
    Haha that's actually a really good idea :P
  • Carissa145
    Options
    Just simply tell him you find him attractive and you would like to go on a date. Continue by saying that you realize you are good friends and if he thinks exploring where things would be a bad idea that you understand but would still like to remain friends. If he really is a friend he will get past it and you guys can move on as friends. Don't "FRIENDZONE" yourself forever and hold onto something that isn't there because you don't have the courage to at least ask and find out.

I guess my main objection for asking him out or just blatantly telling him I like him is that he already has all of these other girls who are majorly interested. I don't want to be grouped together with them. His ego has become big enough already. That's why I thought I could either ask his sister, or just ask him who he was interested in. Does that make sense?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    How old are you OP?

Tell him you like him. You are better than the "other girls". If he's not interested, great, move on. No more wondering.
  • Sarahs2576
    Sarahs2576 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

I guess my main objection for asking him out or just blatantly telling him I like him is that he already has all of these other girls who are majorly interested. I don't want to be grouped together with them. His ego has become big enough already. That's why I thought I could either ask his sister, or just ask him who he was interested in. Does that make sense?

Oh no....no no no.....don't ask his sister. If anything ask him. If he replies you are his type then you're in...if he doesn't don't get discouraged, he might feel shy about saying anything because of the friend issue but either way use it as your opportunity to ask if he ever considered the 2 of you seeing where things can go. If he says no then you make the choice if you want to remain his friend or not. DO NOT be his buddy unless you ONLY want to be his buddy.
  • Carissa145
    Options
    How old are you OP?

Tell him you like him. You are better than the "other girls". If he's not interested, great, move on. No more wondering.

I'm a freshman in College... and don't you think he'd find that arrogant?
  • Carissa145
    Options

Oh no....no no no.....don't ask his sister. If anything ask him. If he replies you are his type then you're in...if he doesn't don't get discouraged, he might feel shy about saying anything because of the friend issue but either way use it as your opportunity to ask if he ever considered the 2 of you seeing where things can go. If he says no then you make the choice if you want to remain his friend or not. DO NOT be his buddy unless you ONLY want to be his buddy.

What if his sister is a pretty good friend knows I like him. Does that change anything?
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Options

If you ask him who he's interested in what do you think the chances are he'll turn round & say you? (this isn't a movie. Men don't do that!) - Also if you ask his sister the same applies. At the end of the day you are all friend's he's not going to think badly of you for asking. I hate to say it but it's going to have to come from you. Seriously, you are over thinking this & tying yourself up in knots.
  • Carl01
    Options

So the plan to stand out in the crowd is to stand in the shadows?

Food for thought... are you sure you really want him for who he is as a person or are you looking for "validation" in having a presumably hot and popular guy make a display of going after you?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Oh dear lord.

It's 2013 not 1950.

Well, he is rather into tradition (he is quite a gentleman) so I don't know how he'd take it. And it rubs my the wrong way too...

By that logic, since he is such a traditional gentleman, if he hasn't asked you out by now, then he isn't interested.

Problem solved!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

It's not about putting the guy at risk of rejection. It's about the fact that men with balls will go after what they want, specially after being given a subtle green light. I have never had time for men who don't go after what they want. If I have to do the asking he must not want me enough.
    Ps dinner is ready and the second load is in the dryer.

Riiiiiiiight.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Options

So the plan to stand out in the crowd is to stand in the shadows?

Food for thought... are you sure you really want him for who he is as a person or are you looking for "validation" in having a presumably hot and popular guy make a display of going after you?

I'm just visualising a Heath Ledger singing to Julia Stiles from the bleachers type moment.
  • Carissa145
    Options

Oh dear lord.

It's 2013 not 1950.

Well, he is rather into tradition (he is quite a gentleman) so I don't know how he'd take it. And it rubs my the wrong way too...

By that logic, since he is such a traditional gentleman, if he hasn't asked you out by now, then he isn't interested.

Problem solved!

What if he is a shy gentleman?
  • brook4980
    Options
    I would say go for it and flat out ask