Question for the ladies

Options

Replies

• Carissa145
    Carissa145 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Why not just ask him out instead of beating around the bush?

Well, cause I don't want to make our friendship awkward, and this way I can put it off as though I'm just curious, ya know? And if he says me, then more power to me!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Why not just ask him out instead of beating around the bush?

Well, cause I don't want to make our friendship awkward, and this way I can put it off as though I'm just curious, ya know? And if he says me, then more power to me!

No, you're putting him in the same awkward position that you are trying to avoid. You don't want to ask him out and get rejected and make things awkward, so you're essentially putting him in a position to where he has to out himself and hope that YOU are receptive to it.

You don't have to directly say "Hey, wanna go out on a date?" Say something like "Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to go grab a bite/come over and watch a movie...you know just you and me?"
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    He totally already knows. If his friends know and his sister knows. He knows. Ask him out.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm also friends with his sister. Do you think I should ask her? She knows I'm interested in him, but she said she wouldn't tell him.

Have her find out whether he's interested in you or someone else.
  • whierd
    Options
    I'm also friends with his sister. Do you think I should ask her? She knows I'm interested in him, but she said she wouldn't tell him.

Oh dear lord.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options
    JUST ASK HIM OUT!

JUST ASK HIM OUT!

JUST ASK HIM OUT!

JUST ASK HIM OUT!

JUST ASK HIM OUT!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Oh dear lord.

What's your problem? She said she wanted to be as indirect as possible. If he's straight up uninterested she won't have to waste her time and she will not have made the friendship awkward.
  • whierd
    Options

Oh dear lord.

What's your problem? She said she wanted to be as indirect as possible. If he's straight up uninterested she won't have to waste her time and she will not have made the friendship awkward.

If you don't see the problem, then it is a waste of time explaining it to you.
  • whierd
    Options
    JUST ASK HIM OUT!

JUST ASK HIM OUT!

JUST ASK HIM OUT!

JUST ASK HIM OUT!

JUST ASK HIM OUT!

This. Why play games?
  • Carissa145
    Options

Oh dear lord.

I think you are right. I think it's kinda weird for the GIRL to ask the GUY out. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?
  • Blondiegrl11
    Blondiegrl11 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Why would you look like a tramp if you let him know you liked him?
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Depends on a lot of things. Sometime just saw we should hang out sometimes and see what he says. Or if he is friends with one of my good friends have them talk to him.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options

Oh dear lord.

I think you are right. I think it's kinda weird fir the GIRL to ask the GUY out. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

It's 2013 not 1950.
  • Carissa145
    Options

Well, I don't think I would look like a tramp if I told him at all. But, I see how many other girls are crushing on him, and I don't want to be added to his "cute girls who have a crush on me" collection. If he knows, I want to be sure he is genuinely interested in me. Does that make sense? (also the only reason why I think I have a chance are people are noticing that we talk a lot and etc.--so this in not a hopeless endeavor)
  • Carissa145
    Options

Oh dear lord.

I think you are right. I think it's kinda weird fir the GIRL to ask the GUY out. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

It's 2013 not 1950.

Well, he is rather into tradition (he is quite a gentleman) so I don't know how he'd take it. And it rubs my the wrong way too...
  • Blondiegrl11
    Options

Well, I don't think I would look like a tramp if I told him at all. But, I see how many other girls are crushing on him, and I don't want to be added to his "cute girls who have a crush on me" collection. If he knows, I want to be sure he is genuinely interested in me. Does that make sense? (also the only reason why I think I have a chance are people are noticing that we talk a lot and etc.--so this in not a hopeless endeavor)

Well I'd say if he hasn't asked you out yet, you might be in the friend zone but maybe he's just slow to warm up? In that case I'd play it cool and not be like all the girls that fall to his feet. Make him fall at yours, patience :wink:
  • Carissa145
    Options

Well I'd say if he hasn't asked you out yet, you might be in the friend zone but maybe he's just slow to warm up? In that case I'd play it cool and not be like all the girls that fall to his feet. Make him fall at yours, patience :wink:

That's what I've been trying the past 6 months haha. Probably the best solution though :) Thanks!
  • Blondiegrl11
    Options

That's what I've been trying the past 6 months haha. Probably the best solution though :) Thanks!

Just be real, be you. If its meant to be it'll happen and if not there's plenty of fish in the sea. Good luck!
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options

Working well for you then? :huh: Seriously either a) ask him out - he can only say yes or no! b) Don't ask him out - he'll never get the chance to say yes or no.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Just say "hey, I like you. Let's do the sex"

Works everytime.

yeah-bone em girl!