cutting out all "cheat" foods

Options

Replies

• thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options

then leave the site, you obviously don't need to be here then

And what are you for here again? To simply troll?

to lose weight and not gloat that I have a "carefree" eating lifestyle when other people don't have it that easy
  • rickylou87
    rickylou87 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) I'll have to check it out!
  • thekyleo
    Options

and from what I can see by your pasts post you troll as well
  • toolzz
    toolzz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    what is trolling??????
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I still think changing up your workout could be the ticket. Maybe try something like tennis, basketball, bootcamp or swimming. Shocking your body with different motions can get it out of a plateau. Just my personal opinion and it has worked for me in the past.

Just to be clear, not that anyone really cares...

"Shocking" your body is actually going from an activity/movement that your body has become good at to one it isn't. The new activity/movement will be less efficient.

Speaking strictly from a maximum calorie burn standpoint, you want things to be as inefficient as possible - that's why switching things up works for people.

• jacksonpt
    Options
    what is trolling??????

Making posts simply to rile people up and start arguments.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I don't like the word "cheat" because it is negative & inaccurate. If you decide to indulge so be it. Accept it is an OK decision & not one you should feel bad about. It completely defeats the purpose of enjoying a treat if you beat yourself up about it. I used to indulge in one or two treats per week and it was fine. I lost great. Times change...

I eliminated processed foods and discovered I feel a lot better without them. I realize that foods that make me ache or itch or have out-of-control cravings are not good for me. I probably have what would be considered "food sensitivities." Eliminating them eliminated my desire to indulge in those things. I can make healthy foods to indulge my sweet tooth & they have no negative side effects for me. It was hard to decide to try eating the way I do but it is so easy. Almost embarrassingly so. I really don't need much willpower because I find I want to eat this way.
  • DavePFJ
    DavePFJ Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Well...there was some talk about portion control and cheat foods - so I chimed on with what I do. I'm sure many people have 'cheat' days and lose weight. That's how message boards work right?

Including exercise, I eat at a very small surplus during the week. On the weekends, or any free days - I eat what I want. I have more time, and I'm usually more active on these days. And yes, I can lose weight eating 5 quarts of ice cream once a week because the other 90% of my week will balance it out.

I don't have a carefree lifestyle by any means. But if you put in the time and work, eating crap now and then is very easily done.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    to lose weight and not gloat that I have a "carefree" eating lifestyle when other people don't have it that easy

So I have it easy? The 40lbs and 20% body fat I lost just melted off over night? It's called busting your *kitten* in the gym for over a year. And I'm not rubbing anything in anyone's face, It's called trying to educate the masses on the foolish "i'm gonna only eat clean" or "I'm gonna avoid all things I love to eat" in hopes to lose weight. While doing either will likely help you lose weight (at first) you WILL be miserable and prone to binge eating. Instead on avoiding everything you like, track your marcos and find ways to be able to make them fit into your daily diet. You will be overall a happier person, trust me.
  • toolzz
    toolzz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    :smile: thank you
  • thekyleo
    Options

go ahead and call me a she all you want. real mature... in case you didn't notice the picture, I"M A GUY

This thread got pathetic really quick.

Hey, tmp, don't bother brother. The OP obviously doesn't need our help, she has her plan all figured out already.
  • thekyleo
    Options

go ahead and call me a she all you want. real mature... in case you didn't notice the picture, I"M A GUY

Hey, tmp, don't bother brother. The OP obviously doesn't need our help, she has her plan all figured out already.

I"M A GUY WHAT PART OF THAT DON"T YOU UNDERSTAND???
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

can we please stop the troll on troll violence..???
  • thekyleo
    Options

So I have it easy? The 40lbs and 20% body fat I lost just melted off over night? It's called busting your *kitten* in the gym for over a year. And I'm not rubbing anything in anyone's face, It's called trying to educate the masses on the foolish "i'm gonna only eat clean" or "I'm gonna avoid all things I love to eat" in hopes to lose weight. While doing either will likely help you lose weight (at first) you WILL be miserable and prone to binge eating. Instead on avoiding everything you like, track your marcos and find ways to be able to make them fit into your daily diet. You will be overall a happier person, trust me.

"I think you a kidding yourself. I eat poptarts, donuts, bacon, peanut butter and ice cream daily. And I got down to 6% body fat eating those same foods daily. I live a worry free "eating" lifestyle and can go out to eat and not worry like "oh wtf am I gonna eat there?" like almost everyone on this site."

how is this not rubbing it in people's faces?
  • thekyleo
    Options

you seem to that I am a she which I've told you before I am a guy

Why are you yelling???
    You mad or something?
  • thekyleo
    Options

you seem to that I am a she which I've told you before I am a guy

Why are you yelling???
    You mad or something?

you seem to think I am a she, when I am a guy and I've told you earlier in the thread
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    nm
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Well that escalated quickly :indifferent: