Do you have any tattoos?

Options

Replies

• ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    <--- Very happy with it.

My mom died 5 months ago. I had her petname for me tattood on my arm, in her handwriting. I will never be sorry I had it done!
  • BigCupOTea
    Options
    No tattoos, I do like the tribal stuff but not for me.
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    YUK!
    I dont think I would take YUK! on me......it is even misspelled
  • Arne_becomesxXx
    Arne_becomesxXx Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    A Dragon on my shoulder and I want more!
  • HunterKiller_deleted
    Options
    Just one.

DSC_0178.jpg
  • epigirrl
    epigirrl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have 2. One is a rose crossed with a black lightning bolt on my right shoulder blade that I got 25 years ago but just had touched up by the same artist this past summer. The other is a tree representing the cycle of life (from buds to roots) on my left breast. My 19 year old son is currently designing my next.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    Options
    YUK!

Quite a sad response I might add. :huh:
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    <--- Very happy with it.

My mom died 5 months ago. I had her petname for me tattood on my arm, in her handwriting. I will never be sorry I had it done!

I always wondered what was the meaning of your tattoo sweeteyes :)
  • ZealousMissJJ
    Options
    <--- Very happy with it.

It says 'Pommetje'. It's derived from the French word for apple (pomme) and means my little apple (I have apple cheeks :smile:). My mom only used that petname for me and it has always made me feel special to her. :smooched:
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    <--- Very happy with it.

It says 'Pommetje'. It's derived from the French word for apple (pomme) and means my little apple (I have apple cheeks :smile:). My mom only used that petname for me and it has always made me feel special to her. :smooched:

Sweeeeeeeeeet :flowerforyou: :love:
  • skyebare
    Options
    I have a few. My "tramp stamp" as my boyfriends 16 year old daughter calls it lol, is a kanji meaning love surrounded by smoke and my name written above that. Then I have blue nautical stars on either hip and in-between them it reads "Reach for the stars" ( it is meant to be funny, ex hubby never saw the humor in it) . Then I have my cute little slutty fairy on my left shoulder.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    So far just one but planning on more very soon. It is two butterflies on my right ankle with my daughter's name. I got it shortly after my divorce was final and I had lost 100+ pounds. It represents finding me again as well as a fresh start for my daughter and myself. :)
  • bowlofpeaches
    bowlofpeaches Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    2d8quio.jpg

not the greatest pic, but you get the point haha, so far this is it, but once i get the money i plan on getting a sleeve, and some on my back and thigh /feet :)
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    None! I'm a rebel everyone's doing it, so I'm not gonna! lol I do think there are some neat ones out there!
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I have A dove on my foot, with "let it be" above it. I also have a mother daughter tattoo I got with my momma on my ankle. I love tattoos and can't wait to get my next one!! It will be "it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live" but backwards do I can read it in a mirror!! It will be on my ribs!
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    tattoos FTW
  • kwcarlsen
    Options
    One...on my right pelvis. It's a tulip because for so much of my life I wanted to be a rose (wishing I had whatever trait I valued in someone else). At some point, I discovered that no matter how hard I tried to be a rose, God made me a tulip and I needed to see the beauty in the tulip. No need to get another...it was something very personal to me that I did at the time I finalized my divorce so there was a lot of symbology and meaning in it.

Side note: I now tend to see people as different types of flowers...and I've come across a few weeds as well. :wink:
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I have 7 one being a full sleeve planning on many, many more. My next one is a chest piece for my kids.

ETA: Meanings.

1. Nautical star with swallow back of neck for my family
    2. cherries and my husbands name on the side of my neck
    3. Left shoulder blade cross and flowers in memory of my husband that passed
    4. Moon on my left forearm that connects with a moon on my husbands right forearm
    5. Old school roses on my ankle cuz I love them
    6. Owl on my left bicep cuz owls are awesome and have so much meaning rooted in mythology
    7. Girly sleeve full of things I love and make me me.
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have two on my arm in memory of important people who have passed away.
  • bbzgrl110
    bbzgrl110 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have an Eeyore on my right ankle, it was my mid life crisis that I got at 40, and in memory of my mom who we nicknamed Eeyore.
    I want to get another one, and probably on the top of my left foot or maybe the back of my shoulder, I want something to represent Autism, I have a 22 year old son who has Aspergers (high functioning form of autism)

I've always loved tattoo's, I just wanted to make sure it really meant something to me before I got one since it would be with me the rest of my life.