Do Not Eat Chia Seeds!!!

Options

Replies

• bunnybutler29
    Options
    Sooo that's why my stomach feels that way.... I have a chia garden growing inside me. LOL. Its a good thing I eat flax seed to help flush it all out, cuz flax is also a laxative. :bigsmile: If it's not one thing its another. I think I will stick with what im doing.
  • coateschia
    Options
    This post is absolutely nonsense. Come on. FDA staff have been furloughed since the government shutdown how could they do this earlier this week it is MONDAY!

When someone posts something like this they should be blocked from all internet access.

They say an FDA representative...........come on no names means it is absolute farce and is posted by someone who clearly has a hidden agenda.;
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    This post is absolutely nonsense. Come on. FDA staff have been furloughed since the government shutdown how could they do this earlier this week it is MONDAY!

When someone posts something like this they should be blocked from all internet access.

They say an FDA representative...........come on no names means it is absolute farce and is posted by someone who clearly has a hidden agenda.;

*ahem* it's satire. This has already been explained. It runs along the lines of The Onion, and they are quite a popular entertainment source.

The answer is in the comments!

I wonder what my hidden agenda is?
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Wow. People are getting so angry.
    This post is under the heading of FUN AND GAMES

Why would anyone take anything seriously under that heading. :yawn: Sheesh.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    if you eat tiny scissors, like these
    chocolate%20scissors%20lrg.jpg
    it will trim the chia garden inside your intestines, then you will be fine

Are you freaking serious?! Why would you post such dangerous advice? That is just irresponsible.

Everyone knows that the PROPER way to trim or weed an internal herb-garden is by swallowing some knotted twine, then tying the other end to a doorknob and slamming the door, similar to extracting a loose tooth.

God. Amateur hour here.
  • AnswerintheSky
    Options
    Thanks for the fun on this Canadian Thanksgiving night. Lots of great laughs! :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    did anyone really swallow that load.

:)

ETA: Forgive me if someone else used that pun in the last 6 pages...
  • Quasita
    Options

Ha! That's a new one but the answer is.. yes, some people really ran with the "truth" in this case... And I got reported and they edited out the hotline number from my original post :(
  • Quasita
    Options
    if you eat tiny scissors, like these
    chocolate%20scissors%20lrg.jpg
    it will trim the chia garden inside your intestines, then you will be fine

Are you freaking serious?! Why would you post such dangerous advice? That is just irresponsible.

Everyone knows that the PROPER way to trim or weed an internal herb-garden is by swallowing some knotted twine, then tying the other end to a doorknob and slamming the door, similar to extracting a loose tooth.

God. Amateur hour here.

twine eh? I haven't heard of that one. I suppose if you got it down correctly, you could probably snag quite a bit in your harvest!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Ha! That's a new one but the answer is.. yes, some people really ran with the "truth" in this case... And I got reported and they edited out the hotline number from my original post :(

You were seriously reported??? I'd like to know who it is so I can trip them in the hall after school.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

You were seriously reported??? I'd like to know who it is so I can trip them in the hall after school.

Snitches get stitches.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Snitches get stitches.

Right!

tumblr_lyjrat3X1Y1qk6dlko1_500.gif
  • Belleflores3808
    Options
    Thank You for that information. I did a google search on them because I am going to put Chai seeds in my herbalife smoothies along with strawberries. That rediculous link p\ops up and the herb garden part I had to laugh at.
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Potential health hazards include: inability to eat a full and varied diet due to lack of space in the stomach, extended periods of satiation, overabundance of vitamins and minerals in the bloodstream, and the possibility of the seeds implanting into the lining of the stomach and intestines, thereby growing an internal herb garden that cannot be controlled by traditional means.
    lol. I laughed when I came to this paragraph......this is a joke/sarcasm right? LOL. "inability to eat a full meal"? WTF? Overabundance of vitamins in the blood stream? LOL......I laughed at that one.....isn't this a good thing?

Like all things, anything in moderation......I wouldn't go having a tablespoon at each meal now! lol.
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    As good as they sound like they will be for you, please, take heed of this warning!!!:

"The FDA concluded early this week that .........

An FDA representative stated the following: "........
    These details came to light after .......
    More information will be provided as it becomes available...........

SO SCARY!!!

OP, please provide links. I'd like to read more, and also consider your source of information. thanks
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options

Potential health hazards include: inability to eat a full and varied diet due to lack of space in the stomach, extended periods of satiation, overabundance of vitamins and minerals in the bloodstream, and the possibility of the seeds implanting into the lining of the stomach and intestines, thereby growing an internal herb garden that cannot be controlled by traditional means. This list is not a comprehensive list of side effects that may occur from the regular ingestion of Chia.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    I can't stop laughing...
  • shelbywitmer1
    Options
    You posted the link as theonion. That is a known satire site.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    My favorite part of this whole thread (besides The Onion) is the fact the author felt the need to "bump" her own thread after 10 minutes because no one responded.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    My friends who eat it have green afros now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition