Do Not Eat Chia Seeds!!!

Options

Replies

• SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    My internal garden will have pretty pink flowers in it, I'm sure.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    well... that explains the green stalks in my hair...

Chai seeds are awesome
  • MissChyna
    MissChyna Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Damn
  • CoveOps
    CoveOps Posts: 100
    Options
    this is garbage and unscientific. If there is no research or data its opinion.
  • rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    No sammich..........no chia seeds. Whats next? No Bacon???? :noway:

PERISH THE THOUGHT!
  • heathl39
    heathl39 Posts: 46
    Options
    Nothing on the FDA website about this. I call shenanigans.

Yes shenanigans!!!

I had some this morning! A big heaping spoonful ????
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I trust the Onion more than the FDA. It should be a rule on this site if you're going to post stuff like this you need to post a link to a legit and at least somewhat trusted site with research and proof.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I know it's a zombie thread, but my mom used to yell this at me, every time I would ask for a Chia Pet at the store. To be fair though, I never could get them to grow anyway. #Red_Hot_Terra_Cotta_Disappointment
  • rob043055
    Options
    this is a joke post -- look at the so called detrimental effects:

Potential health hazards include: inability to eat a full and varied diet due to lack of space in the stomach--LOL

, extended periods of satiation, (i.e. feeling full and not hungry

overabundance of vitamins and minerals in the bloodstream, (i.e. too much of a good thing)

and the possibility of the seeds implanting into the lining of the stomach and intestines, thereby growing an internal herb garden that cannot be controlled by traditional means. --plants do not grown in your stomach--

The whole post is nothing but a joke
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    this is a joke post -- look at the so called detrimental effects:

Potential health hazards include: inability to eat a full and varied diet due to lack of space in the stomach--LOL

, extended periods of satiation, (i.e. feeling full and not hungry

overabundance of vitamins and minerals in the bloodstream, (i.e. too much of a good thing)

and the possibility of the seeds implanting into the lining of the stomach and intestines, thereby growing an internal herb garden that cannot be controlled by traditional means. --plants do not grown in your stomach--

The whole post is nothing but a joke

So that watermelon that grew in me when I was a kid and swallowed a watermelon seed wasn't there? Learn some science before you spout your nonsense.
  • jal92475
    jal92475 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I don't eat chia seeds so I don't really care but I did search the FDA site and the only thing on there regarding chia seeds was a recall for salmonella contaminated seeds.
  • w3ndy072
    w3ndy072 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    omg really?

Call the number. :grumble:

I don't believe in keeping a telephone.

I don't usually post stuff, but, I'm pretty sure that is a telephone in your hand in your pic....just sayin.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    link to the article:

www.theonion.com/chiaseeds

There is no such article there! I didn't get this from a satire site, thank you very much!

The onion is not a good source for anything other than entertainment. Though I haven't tried chia seeds myself. I know the Onion from fb posts. Always printing bogus stuff.
  • idontcarroll
    idontcarroll Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    The FDA concluded
    Well that right there is more than half the problem with this thread. *toodles*
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I'm flattered that you all think this was good enough for The Onion, which as we all know is a very reputable and consistent site for timely current events and information. :D
  • sexymonicat
    Options
    Someone always dumos their drink down the water fountain so theres always these little chia plants sticking out of the drain. Its so cute >'-'<
  • sunnyn73
    sunnyn73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well, thanks for creating a thread on the effects of chia seeds. I also have a few queries. I was so excited to find the multiple benefits of chia seeds, but i also got worried after reading a few side effects over many places

like : http://www.healthy-drinks.net/side-effects-of-chia-seeds/

where chia seeds are found to be linked with prostate cancer, blood sugar, Diarrhea and other things.

Any kind of relevant information will be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • justBreathe33
    justBreathe33 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    LOL