If you want results, you need to eat CLEAN, like so...

Options

Replies

• RonW956
    RonW956 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    unfortunately my bench press went in the ****er when my bf was way down. kinda of topic but i just want to be part of the conversation *Snif*

But body fat has no impact on how much you can lift, you know that. over training maybe?
  • RonW956
    Options
    I highly doubt that. But what's your point? Why come into this thread if it's not just to stir the pot?

lets try to stay on topic bro.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    unfortunately my bench press went in the ****er when my bf was way down. kinda of topic but i just want to be part of the conversation *Snif*

But body fat has no impact on how much you can lift, you know that. over training maybe?

evidently i wasn't making enough ballon animals at the time
  • RonW956
    Options
    I highly doubt that. But what's your point? Why come into this thread if it's not just to stir the pot?

lets try to stay on topic bro.

We were until you came in with your pretentious bs.

real mature dude ... My response was on topic and intended for the original poster...
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I guess i'm too dumb to understand all of this

I'll join you...lol.
    I always wonder if the people who scream " look how dirty I eat my 5000 calories a day and I am proud of it " know how truly ignorant they really are. Most of the time they are young males ( often under 35) who spend almost all their free time in the gym , eating crap literally as if there were no tomorrow.
    During my 37 years in the field of nutrition I have seen too many people have accidents, or get ill to be unable to exercise, or just stop because they actually get a life and are still eating 5000 calories and are proud of it., Or their genes no longer perform the youthfull job in their 50 and 60's as they did earlier and all of a sudden they have to deal with high BP, diabetes and other illnesses that are directly related to a poor diet and too many calories and turn out to be overweight......often a lot.
    We all know a lot of overweight people who were " star athletes " in their youth, or women who were a very petite size when they got married ( a bench mark for many women ) and know weight 3-4 times as much. I always wonder when people claim that this kind of not-very-intelligent way of eating ( and I am in no way saying people need to eat all " clean " ) does not affect them,. If they would spend any thoughts on their more mature years they would realize that they are not that kind of special snow flake, were the food they eat now won't have any bearing on how fit and healthy they are in 20 years from now.

I couldn't even finish reading all this pretentious crap

Whether you want to believe it or not, EVERYONE follows if it fits your macros. Assuming you already know the importance of micronutrients (notice the fiber one cereal I slipped in there?)

Oh and comparing me to guys eating 5000 cals which is clearly an unnecessary excess for most people, including young males.

37 years in the nutrition field.. makes sense b.c you are still following the guidelines that were put out 37 years ago.

We've evolved. Keep up

He's worked 13 years longer than you've been alive. Big deal, you pigged out. All your information is based on the latest trend...it will all be something else next year. Your attention seeking behavior is slightly more nauseating than your diet.
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry i'm not awesome. I guess i'll leave the thread since I don't understand

You should be. Shame on you for sharing different personality traits and views on the world as me!

:wink:

I have shamed my family :)
  • jw_lefebvre
    jw_lefebvre Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree for the majority of people eating "clean" is not necessary to lose weight. Most of us are just trying to shed weight to get into the healthy level. For them so long as they eat less calories than maintenance per day they will lose weight. Obviously you may see slightly faster progress and other non-weight related health benefits if you eat clean, but lets be realistic, perfectly clean eating is not doable for the long-term. For bodybuilders trying to get sub 10% body fat, eating clean and manipulating carbs and fluid retention may be very helpful, but for the majority of us, eating less calories than maintenance with adequate amounts of protein is all that is necessary. IIFYM FTW.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    a calorie is a calorie, and it will always take eating 3500 calories in excess of what you use to develope a pound of body fat (my number might be off). That will never change.

people's hysteria over what behavior/eating habits will lead to weight gain will eternally fluctate and it has little or nothing to do with real science
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I'll throw in my .2 cents here but I already know most of you MFP keyboard warriors will probably tear into me...... but.........Im gonna say it anyway......

packing on a ridiculous amount of protein & calories does NOT pack on muscle. Your training is what makes you muscular....eating clean will make you leaner however building muscle is not a function of eating. Building muscle is an adaptation of an outside stress.
    you want to reduce your calories to lose body fat... not indulge in a calorie orgy. Again, I dont care what or how much protein you eat, its not the protein that makes you muscular, training is what makes you muscular.

We get plenty of protein thru a crappy diet, and vegetarians also get plenty of protein thru legumes, beans & lentils, whole grains & quinoa, 1 cup cooked quinoa has 18gr. protein. Tofu & soy products, nuts, seeds, nut butters, eggs, milk, cheese its all there.... so we are getting more than enough of our daily protein in our everyday diet than your body knows what to do with.. the trick is to get your body to utilize that protein to build muscle, and you do that only thru training.

The USDA claims that we need at least 60gr protein a day, thats more than half of what we need a day. The fitness magazines & websites wont say it because they're mostly sponsored by protein manufacturers. A cleaner diet will help lose any additional body fat which will make you look toned & lean.

What's your point? You're taking yourself way to serious and preaching to many people who have had no problem figuring out what works for them.

Please exit stage left and go run a marathon. We will eat donuts and pop tart while we lift.

Enjoy your donut, I'll be running circles around you all day bro
    I eat donuts...and still was able to complete my first half marathon last weekend. And I had a Dunkin Donuts Boston Scream (two actually) on Saturday after my run. I am failing to see your logic....you are preaching about running circles, then saying that donuts are bad, but then saying that it doesn't matter what you eat. You are confusing so....
    Boston+Scream+Donut.jpg
    Eat it, it will make you feel better.
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    This thread is wrong on so many levels. First of all, I was intending to be bashed over the head with why I should be eating clean. 2nd, I haven't at lunch and this thread makes me want to run to the closest Krispy Kreme (about an hr 1/2 away) to get some fresh warm donughts.....and then stuff a burger w/bacon and cheese between it (and I don't even eat meat). :laugh: I'm so done. You guys make me sick.
  • jw_lefebvre
    Options
    This thread is wrong on so many levels. First of all, I was intending to be bashed over the head with why I should be eating clean. 2nd, I haven't at lunch and this thread makes me want to run to the closest Krispy Kreme (about an hr 1/2 away) to get some fresh warm donughts.....and then stuff a burger w/bacon and cheese between it (and I don't even eat meat). :laugh: I'm so done. You guys make me sick.

Eat whatever you want so long as you make your macronutrient profile and are eating enough "good" food to get your proper micronutrients

I'd like to state that there is no such thing as "good/clean" or "bad/dirty" foods. You can gain weight eating to much of anything, eat too many fruits you will gain weight. Eat to many cookies you will gain weight. Eat to much lean chicken and veggies....you will gain weight. My point is everything in moderation...nothing wrong with have 300-400 calories a day dedicated to a sugary snack. In the end I think it will allow people to maintain their diets longer without breaking down and going on a binge.
  • watercolorarteest
    watercolorarteest Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    [/quote] [Quoted from a previous post:]
    I typically don't like doughnuts (blasphemy, I know) but when I want one that's how I prefer it. What I really prefer is beignets and cafe au lait.
    2zrq8ew.jpg
    [/quote] [End of quote from a previous post]

^^^^ THIS! OH YEAH!!!! Love me some Beignets! I guess I might make me some this weekend! *inspired!*
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I'll throw in my .2 cents here but I already know most of you MFP keyboard warriors will probably tear into me...... but.........Im gonna say it anyway......

packing on a ridiculous amount of protein & calories does NOT pack on muscle. Your training is what makes you muscular....eating clean will make you leaner however building muscle is not a function of eating. Building muscle is an adaptation of an outside stress.
    you want to reduce your calories to lose body fat... not indulge in a calorie orgy. Again, I dont care what or how much protein you eat, its not the protein that makes you muscular, training is what makes you muscular.

We get plenty of protein thru a crappy diet, and vegetarians also get plenty of protein thru legumes, beans & lentils, whole grains & quinoa, 1 cup cooked quinoa has 18gr. protein. Tofu & soy products, nuts, seeds, nut butters, eggs, milk, cheese its all there.... so we are getting more than enough of our daily protein in our everyday diet than your body knows what to do with.. the trick is to get your body to utilize that protein to build muscle, and you do that only thru training.

The USDA claims that we need at least 60gr protein a day, thats more than half of what we need a day. The fitness magazines & websites wont say it because they're mostly sponsored by protein manufacturers. A cleaner diet will help lose any additional body fat which will make you look toned & lean.

f04.gif

Just kidding.

d2c.gif
  • jw_lefebvre
    Options

f04.gif

Just kidding.

d2c.gif

Agreed. Your training can only break down muscle, it does not build muscle at all. The repair of muscle is what builds muscle, and that is dependent on what you do in the kitchen. Protein synthesis requires, surprise surprise, protein.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

So if I train my *kitten* off and stay at or below my caloric maintenance requirements I can still build muscle mass? :huh: :huh:
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Use the Krispy Kremes for hamburger buns!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

Training is only the stimulus to grow, You have to have excess calories to actually grow muscle. If training were the only factor, then every guy I see in the gym would look jacked and they don't.
  • LaurensE1
    LaurensE1 Posts: 196 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

2. No Hi-Jacking Topics

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate.

In many cases we are able to edit out the posts that violate this guideline, but unfortunately this particular thread has become too volatile to moderate efficiently.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this thread may be locked or deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Why do people need to ruin a perfectly good doughnut burger thread? :sad: