Calories I don't count

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Rosieannaxo
    Options
    I don't count black coffee but I do count what goes into it such as the almond milk & stevia. Everything else is meticulously logged, right down to the oil I cook my food in.
  • fIashforward
    fIashforward Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I don't count chewing gum.

Nor do I count milk in cereal or tea. If I was to have a glass of milk or a lot of it I count it though.
    I don't count tea or coffee itself, though I count the sugar I put in it.
    Another thing I don't count that I probably take a lot of is tomato ketchup.

If I counted all of these I'd starve myself every day! :D

Not counting them has worked so far anyway :)
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I don't count my vitamins. I take several different supplements and have no clue how many calories they maybe.

There's a number on the side of the bottle that should resolve this mystery for you.

guess I've never really looked.

Well, that's your homework assignment for tomorrow: check your supplements for calorie amounts.

(Honestly, most of them are probably zero or really close to it...but there are some, in sufficient quantity, that will add up quickly.)

I did log my pills this morning, I take 10 different supplements, only one had calories and it was only 10 cals. I should have been logging them anyways, just for the all the other things they contain. I am a log freak with every-thing else I eat/drink, with the exemption of chewing gum. I figure you don't swallow gum, you chew it and trash it, so why log it.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I don't count my vitamins. I take several different supplements and have no clue how many calories they maybe.

There's a number on the side of the bottle that should resolve this mystery for you.

guess I've never really looked.

Well, that's your homework assignment for tomorrow: check your supplements for calorie amounts.

(Honestly, most of them are probably zero or really close to it...but there are some, in sufficient quantity, that will add up quickly.)

I did log my pills this morning, I take 10 different supplements, only one had calories and it was only 10 cals. I should have been logging them anyways, just for the all the other things they contain. I am a log freak with every-thing else I eat/drink, with the exemption of chewing gum. I figure you don't swallow gum, you chew it and trash it, so why log it.

The sugar in the gum dissolves into saliva, which you swallow. That's why gum has calories.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I usually count calories for everything that I take. A cup of coffee (black) is only going to be like 2 calories though, so its probably okay not to count it. The supplements could be adding up though. 10x40 is 400 calories. So if every pill you have to take is 10 calories, you could be eating a whole 400 calories that you haven't been counting. If you put creamer or sugar in your coffee then I would count those as well because creamer/sugar can add up fast.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I don't count chewing gum.

Nor do I count milk in cereal or tea. If I was to have a glass of milk or a lot of it I count it though.
    I don't count tea or coffee itself, though I count the sugar I put in it.
    Another thing I don't count that I probably take a lot of is tomato ketchup.

If I counted all of these I'd starve myself every day! :D

Not counting them has worked so far anyway :)

When you have cereal I would think that you are having 1/2 -1 cup of milk in it, so I would log that. Depending on what kind of milk you have that could be 100 calories or so.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I miss plenty of things, but I try to log everything I eat and drink just to have an accurate record.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I don't count tea either because I drink a lit of herbal tea or green tea. Never add milk or sugar to my tea.

I count coffee because its usually a latte type of coffee.

Never count water or vitamins.
  • adnamaliag
    adnamaliag Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't count my coffee or my vitamins/supplements. My coffee, while it does have creamer and stevia in it, is something that WILL NOT change. For one, I love it. The taste is something I look forward to every morning and two, I'm full time college and 30+ hours a week in grocery retail management. I need the pick me up. As for my supplements, the 30 calories in my calcium chews are negligible when compared to the long term benefits I think.