lol @ eating donuts

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Are we talking about donuts again? Can I just say I don't even get the appeal? They all squishy and doughy and blah.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Are we talking about donuts again? Can I just say I don't even get the appeal? They all squishy and doughy and blah.

You can go straight to hell.
  • Achrya
    Options

Hey now, don't be mean! Is that how your mom raised you? Where's the support? Aren't we all here for the same reasons?

To acknowledge that donuts are disgusting and weird.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I thought maybe I was the only person in the world that didn't care for donuts.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    While I also tire of the IIFYM crowd posting as if they live off junk food and posting pics of ridiculously high calorie foods, I do not for one second believe that all I need to do is eat 5 meals a day that are low fat, moderate carbs and high protein and my abs will magically look like the OP's.

Well, I didn't read through the whole thread (all the gifs hurt my eyes), but...

Obviously the OP has a dedicated weight regimen. It's not hard for me to believe he eschews Pop-Tarts, ice cream, and the like (since I've done it myself in the past, and many don't worship those types of foods to the extent that some seem to do here), since the extra carbs, sugar, etc. don't really help you look any better (even if they don't hinder you).

I see many posting cute pics and memes, but can we see an example of someone with a fit body that eats thousands of calories a week of this "bad" (to some) food? I'm not talking just about being "not overweight." Maybe some of us want a little more than that. Why can't some of these Pop-Tart eaters show pics of their abs?

If we can get ripped eating "empty" calories, please educate us.

Actually, a lot of the self-proclaimed pop-tart (or other junk food) eaters are quite ripped. The peeve I have is that they routinely posts as if they eat junk as the mainstay of their diet, when in fact, it is a very tiny part of their diet. It's the "Look at me, I'm fit and eat a lot of junk" misrepresentation that I don't understand.

Define "very tiny part". Is ice cream daily very tiny? Fast food a few times a week? Very tiny seems like a real undefined kind of arbitrary statement. Can we get a percentage so that the ripped IIFYM people can decide who fits and who doesn't?

"very tiny part" = very small percentage of their calories. Some have their diaries open, and when you take a look, it does not correlate with what they imply in their posts at all.

So if Sara eats 1/2 cup to 1 cup of ice cream daily is that a 'very small' part? I'm looking for an actual amount here. 10% 15% 20%? If someone uses 300 of their 1900 daily calories is that tiny?

Also what you think is implied isn't an actual metric to measure what they eat against, is it? IIFYM is about moderation, so to expect anything but moderation seems...odd.

Who is Sara and what are her goals? How many calories is in the ice cream? Moderation has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I'm talking about purposely. Just as you can complain about my use of the word "tiny" I can complain about their use of language to make it sound like they eat more junk than they do.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

Lol
  • jonnythan
    Options

Hey now, don't be mean! Is that how your mom raised you? Where's the support? Aren't we all here for the same reasons?

To acknowledge that donuts are disgusting and weird.

My mother is clinically insane. ;)
  • Naener
    Naener Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Now i just want to drive to LA and get a Cronut... thanks.
  • Achrya
    Options
    While I also tire of the IIFYM crowd posting as if they live off junk food and posting pics of ridiculously high calorie foods, I do not for one second believe that all I need to do is eat 5 meals a day that are low fat, moderate carbs and high protein and my abs will magically look like the OP's.

Well, I didn't read through the whole thread (all the gifs hurt my eyes), but...

Obviously the OP has a dedicated weight regimen. It's not hard for me to believe he eschews Pop-Tarts, ice cream, and the like (since I've done it myself in the past, and many don't worship those types of foods to the extent that some seem to do here), since the extra carbs, sugar, etc. don't really help you look any better (even if they don't hinder you).

I see many posting cute pics and memes, but can we see an example of someone with a fit body that eats thousands of calories a week of this "bad" (to some) food? I'm not talking just about being "not overweight." Maybe some of us want a little more than that. Why can't some of these Pop-Tart eaters show pics of their abs?

Actually, a lot of the self-proclaimed pop-tart (or other junk food) eaters are quite ripped. The peeve I have is that they routinely posts as if they eat junk as the mainstay of their diet, when in fact, it is a very tiny part of their diet. It's the "Look at me, I'm fit and eat a lot of junk" misrepresentation that I don't understand.

Define "very tiny part". Is ice cream daily very tiny? Fast food a few times a week? Very tiny seems like a real undefined kind of arbitrary statement. Can we get a percentage so that the ripped IIFYM people can decide who fits and who doesn't?

"very tiny part" = very small percentage of their calories. Some have their diaries open, and when you take a look, it does not correlate with what they imply in their posts at all.

So if Sara eats 1/2 cup to 1 cup of ice cream daily is that a 'very small' part? I'm looking for an actual amount here. 10% 15% 20%? If someone uses 300 of their 1900 daily calories is that tiny?

Also what you think is implied isn't an actual metric to measure what they eat against, is it? IIFYM is about moderation, so to expect anything but moderation seems...odd.

Who is Sara and what are her goals? How many calories is in the ice cream? Moderation has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I'm talking about purposely. Just as you can complain about my use of the word "tiny" I can complain about their use of language to make it sound like they eat more junk than they do.

Does it matter who she is and what her goals are? I thought '300 of 1900 calories' was a perfectly good clarification of how much and in the proper context. If someone eats 300 calories of poptarts or ice cream or whatever is that a 'tiny amount'? Or is that an amount in line with the claims people make when it comes to IIFYM?
  • Naener
    Naener Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I think we could all use some sweet refreshments.

c23.jpg
    6a0.jpg

Not quite donuts but close.

My favorite donut place in LA county has a ****in Banana Nutella Cronut (crossaint/donut) covered in cinnamon and sugar...
    dear gawd.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Does it matter who she is and what her goals are? I thought '300 of 1900 calories' was a perfectly good clarification of how much and in the proper context. If someone eats 300 calories of poptarts or ice cream or whatever is that a 'tiny amount'? Or is that an amount in line with the claims people make when it comes to IIFYM?

What about 50% of my calories from cookies?

Cause I'm doing that tomorrow.
  • lisakay0x
    lisakay0x Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    So I guess I should scrap my vodka and cupcake diet?
  • Achrya
    Options

I mean, I ate 80% of my calories in pizza on Sunday, and then the rest in tuna and a cinnapie from papa Johns. But I'm not ripped so I don't count/am not fit enough for this discussion.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

I think you are probably my favorite person online and offline today. Lol.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I missed the moving target minimum level of fitness/rippedness requirement, so I'm probably not qualified for this discussion either. 6', 175 pounds, but a 33" waist, which probably exceeds some kind of arbitrary threshold. I'll just go back to eating my doughnuts (or ice cream) in solitude.
  • bcattoes
    Options

It is not in line and yes, I'd say that's tiny.
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options

I mean, I ate 80% of my calories in pizza on Sunday, and then the rest in tuna and a cinnapie from papa Johns. But I'm not ripped so I don't count/am not fit enough for this discussion.

Well, you can still give your input. We'll filter the data later.
  • Achrya
    Options

It is not in line and yes, I'd say that's tiny.

So what amount would be in line/isn't tiny?
  • Achrya
    Options

Well, you can still give your input. We'll filter the data later.

Nonsense. I'd hate to cloud things by adding data that doesn't fit your standards. I mean, adding in irrelevant thoughts/ideas isn't really productive, right?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Same for me, even though yesterday I had coffee with full fat creamer, real sugar, and cereal. For lunch I had a lunchable (oh noes, processed foods!), and dinner was popeye's fried chicken, dessert was a brownie chocolate sundae (again, full fat and real sugar). :happy: