lol @ eating donuts

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

It is not in line and yes, I'd say that's tiny.

So what amount would be in line/isn't tiny?

I don't know that there is a hard line to draw, but the implication in the type of posts I'm talking about is more than 15%.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I think we could all use some sweet refreshments.

c23.jpg
    6a0.jpg

Not quite donuts but close.

I'm flapping to these photos! :love:
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Define "very tiny part". Is ice cream daily very tiny? Fast food a few times a week? Very tiny seems like a real undefined kind of arbitrary statement. Can we get a percentage so that the ripped IIFYM people can decide who fits and who doesn't?

Maybe half the calories? The actual sketchy eaters do tend to be on weight loss plans. Eating a half cup of ice cream after chicken breast and broccoli is not worth talking about.

What? Anything less than half their diet is "tiny"?

If you want to argue about the definition of "tiny", go for it.

The point is that a lot of people are eating mostly food they don't talk about, and talking about food they don't eat particularly much of. Food bragging is pretty common, and pretty silly in most cases.

Then you look at, say, magerum's diary and he's actually eating what he's talking about.

I'm barely keeping up with this conversation, but I eat what I'm talking about...or what I say I eat, I actually eat. (The almost four cups of ice cream on the 20th, for example.) But honestly, I've lost track of what the argument even is at this point.

This conversation has changed topics so many times, its making me dizzier than the crazy gif
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

This would get me going.

Cronut-Burger-Toronto-Taste-Test.jpg
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options

This would get me going.

I sincerely apologize but ... that looks horribly disgusting.
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options

This would get me going.

I sincerely apologize but ... that looks horribly disgusting.

It probably tastes great, but looks like larvae on a bun (and a soggy bun at that).
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

This would get me going.

b1E0PZ8.gif
    I'm just now in my life feeling adult enough to mix sweet and savory/salty foods... My first stop will be the Monte Cristo. ... Next stop... this magnificent creation.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I missed the moving target minimum level of fitness/rippedness requirement, so I'm probably not qualified for this discussion either. 6', 175 pounds, but a 33" waist, which probably exceeds some kind of arbitrary threshold. I'll just go back to eating my doughnuts (or ice cream) in solitude.
    LOL. Since we can set the goal posts anywhere we want, whether anyone can see my abs is hardly as interesting or valuable as what I can do with my abs.

divepike1_zps39a3586b.gif

Lchins1_zps4af82a9d.gif

headstand2_zpsd1c38ba3.gif

divefail_zps56ff4cc4.gif

squat275_zps7b1f7f61.gif

33156682_6143.jpg

I think that at 43 years old being able to do all this shiz and much more is "fit enough" and is likely more than any of the people complaining can do. My diary is open for anyone who wants to see all the pizza and ice cream I eat. (And by pizza I don't mean a bunch of carrots and celery piled on a cauliflower 'crust' and by ice cream I do not mean a frozen mashed banana.)
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I think that at 43 years old being able to do all this shiz and much more is "fit enough" and is likely more than any of the people complaining can do. My diary is open for anyone who wants to see all the pizza and ice cream I eat. (And by pizza I don't mean a bunch of carrots and celery piled on a cauliflower 'crust' and by ice cream I do not mean a frozen mashed banana.)

O.O

damn.
  • RivenV
    Options

Semantic question: why do you choose the net carb version of the quest bar entries?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

:drinker:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options

Semantic question: why do you choose the net carb version of the quest bar entries?
    When I started last year I was insulin resistant and I wanted to experiment with various carb levels to see how it made me feel. Since fiber doesn't become blood sugar or provide calories I didn't want it skewing my numbers.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

When I started last year I was insulin resistant and I wanted to experiment with various carb levels to see how it made me feel. Since fiber doesn't become blood sugar or provide calories I didn't want it skewing my numbers.
    Fiber does provide some calories FYI.
  • RivenV
    Options

I'm picking up a little of what you're putting down. Do you just mentally adjust your fiber content for the day?
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I missed the moving target minimum level of fitness/rippedness requirement, so I'm probably not qualified for this discussion either. 6', 175 pounds, but a 33" waist, which probably exceeds some kind of arbitrary threshold. I'll just go back to eating my doughnuts (or ice cream) in solitude.
    LOL. Since we can set the goal posts anywhere we want, whether anyone can see my abs is hardly as interesting or valuable as what I can do with my abs.

divepike1_zps39a3586b.gif

Lchins1_zps4af82a9d.gif

headstand2_zpsd1c38ba3.gif

divefail_zps56ff4cc4.gif

squat275_zps7b1f7f61.gif

33156682_6143.jpg

So is the implication that one can't do all the fantastic feats you do and have visible abs?

BTW you rock!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options

So is the implication that you can't do all the fantastic feats you do and have visible abs?

BTW you rock!
    LOL.

I will be trying but I don't know if it's in the cards for me. (I don't know how lean I can get without losing LBM to a degree that it annoys me.)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I think we could all use some sweet refreshments.

c23.jpg
    6a0.jpg

Not quite donuts but close.

Flapping? Do you mean *kitten*? Big difference. :wink:
  • RivenV
    Options

So is the implication that you can't do all the fantastic feats you do and have visible abs?

BTW you rock!
    LOL.

I will be trying but I don't know if it's in the cards for me. (I don't know how lean I can get without losing LBM to a degree that it annoys me.)

Just do a series of bulking and cutting. I'm sure after a couple cycles of building lean body mass followed by a couple cycles of reducing body fat would help you achieve that. :smile: I mean, unless you have different goals. Just a suggestion!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I love this!

And this...

I feel the same way. I can do way more now than I ever could, and I'm not giving up my ice cream! Turkey Hill whoopie pie last night. :drinker:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options

BTW you rock!
    LOL.

Just do a series of bulking and cutting. I'm sure after a couple cycles of building lean body mass followed by a couple cycles of reducing body fat would help you achieve that. :smile: I mean, unless you have different goals. Just a suggestion!
    That's the plan, and I have already done a few small 'bulks' along the way and started another one a couple weeks ago. The biggest thing is that losing 10 lbs at 1/2 lb a week takes 5 months of cutting. The other thing is that at my age I may or may not have the hormonal profile to accomplish muscle gains.

The other other other thing is I'm married and have kids and don't walk around with a nekked belly, so what are visible abs going to do for me? I mean, how would my life differ if that was the only variable? The cost/benefit ratio doesn't look good.:laugh: