Women / Large Bra Sizes

Options

Replies

• sypop
    sypop Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    alot more, im a 40 N and I can only buy online so its like 50-60 bucks plus s&h....:(

Do they even make padded or push up bras that big? I always wondered about that.

well i personally wouldnt want anything padded...they are big enough lol....but no they do not make nething fancy for me :( lol
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I can wear my old bras as hats if I cut them in half.....

I was a 38J

Yes my bras are usually about £40/£50 each.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I don't think so. But I'm not buying super large sizes either.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    It depends on HOW big. A lot of places only carry up to a certain band size and either DD or DDD. If you're bigger than that, you'll have to order bras from companies that tailor specifically to larger boobies. That can get pricey. $$$$

I'll be honest, one of the reasons I want to lose weight is because I'm already at VS's max cup size. I don't know where else I could buy bras! VS is already out of my price range!! :brokenheart:
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Do they even make padded or push up bras that big? I always wondered about that.

They do. Though I haven't a clue why. I would DIE if I squeezed into a push-up bra. I do like a little bit of padding though. It helps to keep everything "in place." Gods forbid if i have to run unexpectedly. ::shudders::
  • spatulathumbs
    spatulathumbs Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The last bra I bought was around $50 bucks. It was on sale, from a great company, and has lasted me a long time. Longer than poorly-made bras, anyway. I have a moderately large size and what I've found is that anything that is an outlier on the size range—both on the larger end as well as on the smaller—is more expensive simply because there's less to choose from. I have seen AA cup bras cost as much or more than what I pay for mine, and having had friends with smaller chests they can confirm that the choice is very narrow for them as well as it is for me. So yes and no. If you wear an average size, then you can walk into any store at any price range and get a 34 C bra for $10 bucks, or pay more if you so choose. But with the outliers, less choice basically means that the few brands that do exist can charge whatever the heck they want for one.

That said, I'd rather pay more for good brands that do what they're supposed to do, than save money but have to keep buying bras that wear out. At $10 bucks I'd probably have to buy 5 bras, vs one $50 dollar bra that lasts. It's a trade-off.
  • AlyssasDiet
    Options
    I guess it depends...If it's a size sold in all the stores it's the same price, but it's more expensive if you have to get a specially made one. Although the bigger your boobs, the better a bra you need and the really nice bras are crazy expensive.
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    It doesn't when it comes to sports bras...at least not the ones I buy anyway.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    It doesn't when it comes to sports bras...at least not the ones I buy anyway.

that makes sense though....aren't they supposed to stretch to fit for the most part?
  • Ninguneado77
    Options
    Does it cost more to buy larger sizes? Economically speaking, I would assume more fabric would equal more money.

Please discuss.
    :devil:

pure genius
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    bump for intellectual discussion
    My day on MFP makes sense now. :grumble:
  • CookNLift
    Options

lol why do you say
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,149 Member
    Options

lol @ this. because...seriously. you crack me up. I'm glad you're so curious about women's bra sizes...most guys have no clue.
    Options

lol why do you say
    FR increase today! Boobs FTW
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    This is the most ingenious big boobs recruitment I have ever seen!
    Thought provoking yet somehow skates on the edge of being offensive..... Great initiative & creativity.
  • CookNLift
    Options

lol why do you say
    FR increase today! Boobs FTW

No moar friendssss lol your mine haha
  • CookNLift
    Options

lol @ this. because...seriously. you crack me up. I'm glad you're so curious about women's bra sizes...most guys have no clue.

It kind of all sparked because 1. I love boobs and 2. I was in WalMart one day and was curious because there are sooo many sizes just out on display. Some huge ones, some small ones, and I was so curious about the prices lol
    Options

It kind of all sparked because 1. I love boobs and 2. I was in WalMart one day and was curious because there are sooo many sizes just out on display. Some huge ones, some small ones, and I was so curious about the prices lol
    *cries* I can't buy my bras from walmart. Wait, maybe that's a good thing.
  • bunnybutler29
    Options
    The prices are more. I find mine at Fredericks of hollywood and sometimes lane bryant. They go from $75 and up. Places like walmart dont have large enough cup sizes.
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Does it cost more to buy larger sizes? Economically speaking, I would assume more fabric would equal more money.

Please discuss.
    :devil:

Christmas shopping for grandma?